It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor and wife accused of killing their "possessed" children.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Here is another very sad story about an unnecessary killing of 3 children. Their only sin being, the children to these clearly deranged parents.

Seoul (CNN) -- A pastor and his wife are in custody accused of killing three of their children by starving them to ward off evil spirits, police in South Korea said Wednesday. The couple told police the children -- aged nine, seven and three -- had been ill, which they believed was a sign they were invaded by evil spirits after eating too much on Lunar New Year.

They then cut the children's hair to chase the spirits out and starved them from January 24 until February 2, only allowing them to drink water. Local media reports said the parents had beaten the children with a belt and a fly swatter numerous times.

The pastor, named only by his surname Park, and his wife, Cho, told police they tied the children's arms and legs with stockings. All three died on February 2, the first around 2am, the second at 5am and the third at 7am, according to police in the town of Boseong, more than 186 miles (300 kilometers) south of Seoul. The bodies were found nine days later by Park's brother-in-law. Police said the couple was praying in the hope of resurrecting the children.

Their eight-month-old daughter who survived has been taken into care, police said. Park, 43, and Cho, 34, told police they opened a church in Boseong in March 2009 with a congregation of 10, but were accused of being a cul

How many more of these type of stories must happen, before people realize that these silly believes are actually doing more harm than good? I mean praying to resurrect their children??? after they starved them to death!? How cruel has our world become.

This is sickening.

vvv

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
How cruel has our world become?

You mean this kind of cruelty simply didn't exist in 1612, or 1982, or Roman times?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

This is only the tip of the ice berg my friend.

If you think the crazys are out killing themselves and others now... just wait till God no longer exists.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
This is just further proof that humans aren't bright enough as a whole to understand that demons, deities,ghosts, aliens and so on DO NOT EXIST.

I don't know if humanity as a whole will ever attain such a level of intellect. Maybe after 99% of the population kicks the bucket.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Can't be. Everyone knows Islam is the only religion to do things like this. /sarcasm

link   
This breaks my heart.....I can't even wrap my head around this....I want to flame the parents but I can't think of harsh enough words. I actually regret reading this as mad as it made me.

link   

That salems lot movie made me puke when i was a kid.This is horendous and defunctional.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

if they were posessed, the parents should have looked for professionals, who are able to deal with these things. they clearly were not able to solve the problem.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by lampsalot
How cruel has our world become?

You mean this kind of cruelty simply didn't exist in 1612, or 1982, or Roman times?

Mate, you would have thought we have progressed from those times? Sadly, it seems we have not. These days, it seems, these type of atrocities has just taken different guises. We are still as cruel as always.

vvv

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

I'll vouch for that.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

If you think the crazys are out killing themselves and others now... just wait till God no longer exists.

hi
i never thought of that
that is bloody frightening

I hope the parents get the same treatment in jail

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
This is just further proof that humans aren't bright enough as a whole to understand that demons, deities,ghosts, aliens and so on DO NOT EXIST.

I don't know if humanity as a whole will ever attain such a level of intellect. Maybe after 99% of the population kicks the bucket.

That's a pretty illogical conclusion to come to.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I really hate reading/hearing about these stories. I think religion, in the wrong hands can be greatly abused. They were children. Real living and breathing children who were second place in a household to imaginary creatures. Those parents are wackadoos.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by lampsalot

Originally posted by DaTroof

That's a pretty illogical conclusion to come to.

How so? Do you realize how much money gets spent on psychics and mediums by disillusioned, easily fooled, emotionally compromised and ill-informed individuals?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
That's appalling! Those poor kids. I hope the parents get locked up and they throw away the key. Or better still, they get executed by the same way they killed the kids. In my own personal opinion people should need a licence to have kids, sit a comprehensive test of parenting skills and the like. You don't pass, you get (forcibly) sterilised! Some people (like these 2 lunatics) should never have the opportunity to have kids.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Here is another very sad story about an unnecessary killing of 3 children. Their only sin being, the children to these clearly deranged parents.

Good post, but very sad subject matter. I don't think deranged is the proper word here, let's face, the parents were brainwashed. Korea is famous for brainwashing. Some think brainwashing does not exist, but a great percentage do believe it exists:

Among a sample of 383 adults from a western U.S. state, 78% said that they believed that brainwashing exists. 38% agreed that "brainwashing is required to make someone join a religious cult."
Among a sample of 1,000 residents of New York state taken before a high-profile tax evasion case involving Reverend Moon and the Unification Church, 43% agreed that "brainwashing is required to make someone change from organized religion to a cult."

www.religioustolerance.org...

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Though Christianity is illegal in North Korea, there are stark similarities between it and the Juche philosophy indoctrinated into all North Koreans from birth. Instead of the Holy Trinity of Father, Son and Holy Spirit, people are taught a different trinity that includes Kim Il Sung, his mother Kim Jung Sook and his son Kim Jong Il. National laws are also written in a style that resembles Mosaic Law. One refugee who was learning about the Bible for the first time said he had an easier time understanding the Old Testament than the New Testament.

Children are taught to give thanks to Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong Il for their food. Photos of the two adorn the walls of every house as a reminder of who supposedly cares for their needs.

www.crosswalk.com...
I agree with you Wertdagf. If you read into the article above, the Koreans are taught that Kim is God, and they should give thanks to them for everything. This is the trouble with Dogma and Doctrine. People become like the Borg, they all think and act alike, and individuality is lost. Even from small childhood they are taught to be slaves;
"There is the God, fear him! Thank him for everything! He is your Lord and Master!"
Then come the "Laws." If you have ever read Leviticus you will have a take on what I mean here. It seems that in all book religions the God bans certain things, and forbids certain actions. This has been called “Doctrine over Person.” That is, when the group uses its dogma to supercede and blur individual identity.

The truth of the matter is, in today's world, Islam, and Christianity, and any "Book Religions" are attempting to convert the entire world to their ways of belief and doctrine, and it has quickly became a Religious War. Korea is no better here, just like America, a small group controls all resources and money, and the major part of the population starves.
I often wonder at how everything would be if religion was banned.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
link to the story?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Not a wonder.North korea looks better than christianity.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

You understand that there are two Koreas, the one you, apparently, are talking about is North Korea, while this case happened in South Korea.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join