It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water is sacred.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Water is sacred to all life. One understands that water is essential to all of life.
Living in certain urban areas can diminish our understanding to what water means and it's vital importance to us and our planet, so we must raise our voices in solidarity and work together to keep our waters clean and preserve our planet's ecosystem.
We can appreciate in a respectful way the gift of clean water and it's relationship between it and our natural environment.
It is clean water that has sustained human species for millennia, and a sustaining force that keeps our planet in balance and connects all life.
Lakes store water. Rivers flow. Rain falls.
It's intrinsic value and power reminds people of its sacredness, it is part of the fundamental elements of life yet sometimes water became a commodity. The convenience of producing water at the turn of a tap diminished the fear of water scarcity, so we must teach our children and pass it along to them that water plays an important role in our lives, as an element of sustainment, cleaning and healing.
The beauty and benevolence of nature is all around us, and the loving presence of water, an abundant grace to Earth.
God placed us on this planet to care of it by standing united and follow our knowledge, justice and self-determination to preserve water, to preserve life, and treat planet Earth with love, harmony and respect.

edit on 22-2-2012 by _SilentAssassin_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

I don't approve of chlorine and fluoride additives.Water should not be tampered with in that manner.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
This reminds me... I was going to make a thread about how Jesus can be an allegory for plant life. Lily pads, lotuses and algae "walk on water", all plants need water (turning water into wine, wine being a mistranslation of nectar), and so on.

But I'll save that thread for another day. Is water sacred? I'd say so. It is one of the most abundant molecular bonds on the planet. Fresh water, in particular is vital to almost all mammals and plants.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by _SilentAssassin_
God placed us on this planet to care of it by standing united and follow our knowledge, justice and self-determination to preserve water, to preserve life, and treat planet Earth with love, harmony and respect.

Water came to earth in the form of ice in/on asteroids and such, it's not native to earth.
edit on 11/27/10 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Let's say for a moment, that water is secondary to the nature of humans. What then, would be first? I don't mean to intrude on your post by asking this, but I just thought it would be relevant.

edit on 2/22/2012 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9

Let's say for a moment, that water is secondary to the nature of humans. What then, would be first? I don't mean to intrude on your post by asking this, but I just thought it would be relevant.

edit on 2/22/2012 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

Air.

I know you didn't ask me, but I couldn't resist. Isn't that curious... Humans must consume 2 of the alchemical elements in order to survive.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by _SilentAssassin_
raise our voices

edit on 22-2-2012 by _SilentAssassin_ because: (no reason given)

This is my band, our first single and music video will be out this Thursday.
I have a feeling ATS will enjoy it. (I know this video is funny, but our message of awareness.)
Also, thank you for your post. I completely agree. Not only do people take fresh water and the miracle therein for granted, most people are chronically dehydrated and usually opt for a soda or something else (probably with high fructose corn syrup) instead of the one drink that you body needs and crave: water.
Anyway, have a blessed day.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

Knowledge.You would have to substain and self preserve on knowledge.Then water would come in mind with food of course.Them babes and kids don't help up much but we'll let them live.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
hi op and posters

yes it does seem that the majority takes water for granted
i sure as heck dont
i was 20 and i marched for 24 miles with no water
believe me i learnt to appreciate it
even nowadays ive got a few canteens full,at the ready just in case
haha
i dont even leave the tap on whilst brushing my teeth

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Find A Spring

See if there is a source of truly amazing and pure water near you.

top topics

join