It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevin Rudd Resigns as Foreign Minister

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Few outcomes..

Rudd will not have numbers to successfully take the throne (in which Gillard needs a testicular upgrade) he'll go to the backbench for a while. Possibly re-mount a second challenge down the track.

Or... He's going to cause a by-election after he leaves because of lack of support. This is a death sentence for them. There's no way they will retain the seat the way Queensland is at the moment. So it will election time... And god save our skins, we'll have speedo-man who is as stupid as Bush and a brick combined.

But heck, that will be entertaining.

If only they left Rudd in control, things might have been mighty different right now.....
edit on 22-2-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Im starting to wonder if the CIA's involvement with Gillard backstabbing Rudd to take the leadership is again involved in all this to undermine theLabor Party as a whole....?

Just seems like this is all playing out like a long running script.

As if Australia is being "baited" for a greater cause, but what?

Who would gain internationally from the appearance and fact of a weak government, minority led that is indecive and cannot harness the supprt of all of its members?

Just putting it out there.....just seems too fishy.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
They are all a bunch of idiots, but idiots that are good at what they do. The 'faceless men' are not people that you can name publicly. When a head of government calls someone 'faceless' That is fairly significant.

Australia could do with a bit of time with Abbott as Prime Minister. Nothing gets the people on their feet like a loony leader.

As far as I'm concerned this charade in Canberra is a trick. They know they have no sovereignty in any legal context over Australia and they have no power to stop business, particularly mining business from taking whatever they like from the place, selling it and then moving onward into Australian Antarctic Territory.

The faceless men make sure this continues.
edit on 22-2-2012 by ivycutler because: speelingk

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
Im starting to wonder if the CIA's involvement with Gillard backstabbing Rudd to take the leadership is again involved in all this to undermine theLabor Party as a whole....?

Just seems like this is all playing out like a long running script.

As if Australia is being "baited" for a greater cause, but what?

Who would gain internationally from the appearance and fact of a weak government, minority led that is indecive and cannot harness the supprt of all of its members?

Just putting it out there.....just seems too fishy.
I agree, something isn't right. Neither is the timing and location of Rudds resignation...Washington DC of all places.

Could the Faceless men be the CIA? Sure they could.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
You know..
I have a very sinking feeling that Gillard has set this trap for Rudd.
She knew he was planning to hit, she knew the longer she left it the more support he'd get.

She's falling fast and she's losing credability.

It wouldnt be hard for her to cohert members of parliament to tell Rudd they'd back him 'in secret'.

She could promise them cushy positions if they played the sneak card as she requests.

Rudd would have only needed 3 or 4 people who were always staunch gilard supports to tell him, in secret '' we are with you and so are others ''

Convince Rudd he can win, make him throw his hat in the ring then watch all the sneak attackers turn the backs and walk back to Gillard leaving him totally demoralised and embarresed.

I wouldnt put it past her, she put the knife into his back in a sneak attack she could easily do it again.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

If that's the case (Very plausible) then Rudd is screwed. He went all in with his resignation. Here's hoping he walks away with the cash so to speak.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Yep.
It would be a clever move by Gillard.. she'd have known he'd do this and he'd be committed once he pushed the go button.

He's on a flight right now returning to Aust, I bet there are some MAJOR phone calls going on and some very careful deals being made.

Monday is going to be worth coming into the office for!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Clever move by Gillard?? I don't think she's capable of any thought clever! You can read it in her face EVERY time she speaks now. In her head she is thinking (Must Tow The Line, Do As I've Been Instructed, Smile, Everything is OK). Ever since she got up she lost all credibility.

So, its not a move by Gillard, possibly the 'nameless' came up with the strategy and she's just saying as she's told. I think its a stupid strategy though, because a demoralized Rudd is going to quit.

Then its a by election.... Then they lose the seat (No chance to hold it I'd say). Then Labor loses from the resulting election.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Clever move by Gillard?? I don't think she's capable of any thought clever! You can read it in her face EVERY time she speaks now. In her head she is thinking (Must Tow The Line, Do As I've Been Instructed, Smile, Everything is OK).
I think you're spot on. With this new ballot business, things are really starting to get interesting now, and the propaganda is flowing fast and hard.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
If Rudd doesnt get the leadership Monday, lets hope he does the right thing by the Australian people and quits politics and forces an election so the people can voice their opinion.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

What about he resigns from the Labour Party and becomes an Independent?
Oh deary me wouldn't that cause a furore! Having to beg him for support!
He could of course join Bob Katters "Australia Party" too.
There are wheels within wheels!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join