It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevin Rudd Resigns as Foreign Minister

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

What the #!

Very unexpected

Now we are stuck with Gilllard.

On the other hand, maybe he is going to be PM again
Food for thought.
edit on 22-2-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

it is good that there are people around who know what the score actually is! too many people STILL complaining that "i never voted for the so and so old trout"...

absolutely everyone i talk about this too thinks he is getting ready to make another bid on the PMship... why would he do this from washington, though? i don't want to reach for my tinfoil hate but things are starting to make less and less sense
and it's not as if sense was ever in any considerable supply......

seriously what happened to Peter Garret?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
The only thing that is keeping Ju-liar Gillard's head above water at the moment is Tony Abbott (the leader of the Liberal opposition) who puts his personal religious beliefs before that of his constituents and Australian's in general, couldn't lie straight in bed and is the most obnoxious person in Australian politics today. He is supposed to represent the people, not just his church, and should have become a Catholic Priest if his belief's are so strong.
Meanwhile, Ju-liar Gillard marches on, turning her Labour Party into the best Liberal Party there has been since Menzies was in power by finding more and more ingenious ways of taking from the poor and giving it to the rich.
Rudd is NOT the answer and neither is Simon "The Talking Clock" Crean. Rudd will resign from politics leaving his seat to be contested in a bi-election which will result in Ju-liar going back to square one and 'begging' the independents for support - what price the 'pokies' legislation from Wilkie being upgraded?
If the Liberals dumped Abbott and put in someone like Joe Hockey they would win the next election by a landslide instead of just a 'comfortable' margin, but, one more resignation (in support of Rudd) by a backbencher will see Abbott in power by mid year (heaven help us - unless we arrived by banana boat or are a practising Catholic).
Who will then take over the Labour Party? Surprise, surprise, the old Union Leader who, wanting a 'safe seat' to enter politics, had a 'safe seat' sitting member of 18 years, chucked out and took his place, non other than Bill Shorten who, imo, will lead the Labour Party back into the political wilderness where they will remain for the next twenty years.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
You know, say what you will about Rudd but I've worked for a boss without confidence in me. It's no way to work, and no sane person would stay in a job like that.

In Australia, we have partisan politics within our partisan politics! We're showing the yanks how it's done!

Honestly, how long is this Punch and Judy show going to go on before we start to wonder about the puppeteers?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
In retrospect, maybe he is going for a spot in the UN? Do you have to resign from the Government to be a member of the UN?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
When in Rome..Lots of strip joints in the U.s .
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I'm glad to see other people see this the way I do.

I believe the same people who ousted him in the first place are actually the 'Faceless / Nameless' individuals who are the ones applying pressure on him now. It is a predictable horde of attacks recently through the media on Kevin ( in the same way they originally built up to his oust with countless articles through mainstream media dissing him ) because they see the momentum growing for him to challenge Ju-liar Gillard - who should have never been appointed in the first place. Just like the Obama situation, they played the same type of distraction card - first female prime minister vs first black president - to give the corruption a positive spin. Rudd may not be the best type of politician out there, but he is someone who showed deep concern for the country and a passion for his role - just watch his speech when he was ousted in the first place. This man cares for the country. He is not apart of the NWO, and this is why he is being ousted. Sure he is cocky / pompous but I'd rather a cocky prime minister who cares about the country than someone who acts conservative but actually implements the policies of the corporate interests to benefit the 1%.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

this is strategic. It will serve to strengthen the current leadership.

Don't forget they are only sock puppets... this 'shock' resignation of one of the sock puppets was decided at least a week ago by the strategists.

On the up side we don't need a person with a 'glass jaw' representing Australia even if it is only as a Foreign Minister.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by s4mboy

I watched it and he was on the verge of crying. A very emotional experience for him, knowing that he got stabbed in the back by the faction he had been in for 25 years. I don't blame him, i would have exploded
Still, however, his resignation speech for PM clearly displayed his human side, and the way in which he cared.

My memory is still haunted by the footage of Julia Gillard smiling whilst talking to the population about the worst natural disasters and loss of life. Sickening

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I would personally like to see Rudd back as PM if only to get rid of the tragedy that is Gillard. That and it will be a cold day in hell before I ever vote for Abbott - the man is like Howard 2.0 with a side of religion.

But I would rather see the whole bloody lot of them fired....from Gillard/Abbott right down to the pamphlet delivery boys. Our political system is a complete joke....I still owe a fine to the Govt for refusing to vote in the last election (Gillard/Rudd election). They can whistle for that money as far as I am concerned.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Here's his resignation speech from today

"and a number of other faceless men"

edit on 22-2-2012 by Upyerheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
It's expected that Gillard will announce a leadership challenge for next Monday. And the statement by Swan about Rudd???

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I hope Rudd wins if it happens. I understand he will go to the backbench now.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
reply to post by s4mboy

My memory is still haunted by the footage of Julia Gillard smiling whilst talking to the population about the worst natural disasters and loss of life. Sickening

This also made me SICK to my stomach. Juliar SMILED while talking about one of the worst natural disasters and loss of life. I just wanted to punch the TV (but I couldn't as it wasn't my TV, we lost power for a week due to the floods). Bligh did an amazing job comparatively, but I digress.

On the issue of Rudd resigning, I think if he didn't he would of been fired by Juliar within the week.

All this bickering within the party is ludicrous - why don't they do their job and 'govern' Australia, they are so incompetent they can't even govern themselves
edit on 22-2-2012 by IdeaLogical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by IdeaLogical

Originally posted by daaskapital
reply to post by s4mboy

This also made me SICK to my stomach. She SMILED while talking about one of the worst natural disasters and loss of life. I just wanted to punch the TV.
Yeah, i agree. She didn't even care. Blatant disregard for the devestation and loss of life. I hated her when she forced her way into power, i despised her after the incident i witnessed on TV. I wonder what it takes for a person to get pleasure in the death of your own countrymen and women.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
The real wildcard in this is what will Kevin do if he loses the spill? He could quit the party and force an early election...I wouldn't put it past him. Another (extreme long shot) option is for him to join Katter's Australian Party. Their social policies are way too politically incorrect for Kevin I think, but KAP is much closer to traditional Labor values that Labor has been since Keating.

Interesting times...

Personally I can't wait for this Government to fall - the sooner the better. Best case scenario would be for the Libs to get in then force a double dissolution and get the Greens thrown out of the Senate while they are at it

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Wheres the Governor General?

Gillard is ruining this country far worse than Whitlam, and he got sacked by the Queen so why cant the queen intervene now and sack the lot of them and call fresh elections in 6 weeks?

Those faceless men are led by Mark Arbib, the traitor and proven CIA informer that got Gilard there in the first place.

Labor party deserves to whither away.

If the liberal party had any brains at all, Abbott would stand down and they'd get Peter Costello back in as leader of the opposition.

He's the only man with any credibility and economic know how and it would guarantee Labor wouldnt get in power again until Bill Shorten is atleast 65 years old!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Two words 'mark arbib'. He did it nsw - how many labor premiers after Carr? iemma, Reese and Keneally. alp looks like following suit.

Maybe he is being paid off by the libs, infiltrate and decimate.

Regardless Australia has no strong leaders, our two party preferred system needs a shake up and get rid partisan politics - could you imagine picking all the best mp's from all sides and have a cross bench cabinet. That would be inspired reform.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
what a load of bullsh!t..

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by s4mboy
I'm glad to see other people see this the way I do.

I believe the same people who ousted him in the first place are actually the 'Faceless / Nameless' individuals who are the ones applying pressure on him now. It is a predictable horde of attacks recently through the media on Kevin ( in the same way they originally built up to his oust with countless articles through mainstream media dissing him ) because they see the momentum growing for him to challenge Ju-liar Gillard - who should have never been appointed in the first place. Just like the Obama situation, they played the same type of distraction card - first female prime minister vs first black president - to give the corruption a positive spin. Rudd may not be the best type of politician out there, but he is someone who showed deep concern for the country and a passion for his role - just watch his speech when he was ousted in the first place. This man cares for the country. He is not apart of the NWO, and this is why he is being ousted. Sure he is cocky / pompous but I'd rather a cocky prime minister who cares about the country than someone who acts conservative but actually implements the policies of the corporate interests to benefit the 1%.
Perfectly said sir. Perfectly said. Good first post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join