"Bury Me Next to a Marine"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
These kids don't know any better. That's why they target teenagers, get them young and impressionable, break them down mentally then rebuild them into reactionary cold blooded killers who follow orders without question.

Who do you blame when a 5 yr old shoots his baby sister with his dad's gun? The child? These kids are coming back traumatized and basically crazy. When the military has no more use for them, they get a nice handshake, a salute, and a kick to the curb.

edit on 21-2-2012 by JibbyJedi because: tyop

Your analogy to 5 year olds is closer to the truth than you suspect. However, I can't blame a five year old for shooting his dad's gun, he doesn't know any better. I can, however, blame an 18+ year old for wanting to join the military in the first place, because by that age you should know better. By that age, you should know that there hasn't been a legitamate reason to send anyone overseas in the past 50 years. By that age, you should know that terrorists don't threaten our freedoms. By that age, you should know that a system of primitive cave dwellers can't overtake the most technologically advanced military in the world.

So as much as I would like to agree with you that people who join the military are like little stupid 5 year olds, they should know better. I knew better at that age and I didn't join the military. Now I don't have the innocent blood of a village of little brown people on my hands. You think if I did I should just shovel those bad feelings of guilt onto the government, because it's them who FORCED me to join the army, it's them who forced me to pull that trigger. Pull your head out of your ass and take responsiblity for yourself, less you admit that you're simply a puppet at the whims of the string pullers in the government.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
Geez thought it would take at least a few posts for the bashing to begin. Go ahead have at it. I've stated my case and opinions enough on here to just not care when being wrongfully attacked. Their will be no more replies on that subject from me in this thread. So please feel free to call me and my brothers murdering, raping, pilageing pshycopaths with a lust for blood and babies. I choose not to judge people by the group but rather by the individual and his or her actions. But if you would like to make narrowminded judgements that is your right to do so.

Also, this thread was aimed more at the veterans and those who actually understand the meaning of the poem. So if you don't care then why read it? If you are looking for an argument you won't find it here.

There is no meaning to the poem. That would imply that there is honor in joining america's armed forces. I'm not sure if you know this or not, but America doesn't really have a shortage or armed forces. So joining the army or military doesn't really make you a hero any more than going to college because the government pays for it makes you a hero.

Here's my question to you, if America had just started and there were constant wars being fought, and we did have a shortage of armed forces, and no money, would you join then? I didn't think so.

99% of the people that join the military do so because of the money, not because deep down in their hearts and sould they're "heroes".

For a hero to exist, a heroic situation would have to be available. Guess what? It's not. You think joining the worlds largest and most technologically advanced military in the world makes you a hero? it really makes you a coward since you know that you never really have to protect our freedoms, and you blindly believe that somehow a few hundred primitive "terrorists" in a cave outsmarted and out strategized the most advanced country in the world. There are 300 million people in this country, and you think the freedoms of all those people are threatened by a few hundred bearded psychos in a cave? RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irish614
"God has a hard-on for Marines because we kill everything we see! He plays His games, we play ours! To show our appreciation for so much power, we keep Heaven packed with fresh souls! God was here before the Marine Corps! So you can give your heart to Jesus, but your ass belongs to the Corps! "- Full Metal Jacket

For those bashing on people who have the courage/balls enough to serve, remember who gives you that freedom to do so.

Satan has a hard on for anyone in the armed forces because they're doing his will. I think it's great, you know, that people pledge their allegance to God yet they do Satan's work, killing innocent people overseas where they have no business being because they believe that a few bearded psychos out strategized the most advanced military in the world....that's pretty gullible if you ask me.

DO you know who gives us the freedom to do so? It's not you, it's not the military or the army or the navy. It's our #ed up tyrannical government.

How are you gonna sit there and say, "Don't blame the armed forces, blame the government!"

So it's not the armed forces fault that they kill thousands of innocent people, it's the governments fault for sending them out to do so? So with that logic, it's not the armed forces that are responsible for our freedoms, it's the government.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

While it hurts my heart to see these kiddies disrespecting a hero, I guess that is the touchy feely society we have made. Everyone wants to claim higher ground until they see the enemy first hand. Then they can't find a Marine fast enough.

TOMMY by Rudyard Kipling (1865-1936)
I went into a public-'ouse to get a pint o' beer, The publican 'e up an' sez, "We serve no red-coats here." The girls be'ind the bar they laughed an' giggled fit to die, I outs into the street again an' to myself sez I: O it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, go away"; But it's "Thank you, Mister Atkins", when the band begins to play, The band begins to play, my boys, the band begins to play, O it's "Thank you, Mister Atkins", when the band begins to play.

I went into a theatre as sober as could be, They gave a drunk civilian room, but 'adn't none for me; They sent me to the gallery or round the music-'alls, But when it comes to fightin', Lord! they'll shove me in the stalls! For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, wait outside"; But it's "Special train for Atkins" when the trooper's on the tide, The troopship's on the tide, my boys, the troopship's on the tide, O it's "Special train for Atkins" when the trooper's on the tide.

Yes, makin' mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep Is cheaper than them uniforms, an' they're starvation cheap; An' hustlin' drunken soldiers when they're goin' large a bit Is five times better business than paradin' in full kit. Then it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, 'ow's yer soul?" But it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll, The drums begin to roll, my boys, the drums begin to roll, O it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll.

We aren't no thin red 'eroes, nor we aren't no blackguards too, But single men in barricks, most remarkable like you; An' if sometimes our conduck isn't all your fancy paints, Why, single men in barricks don't grow into plaster saints; While it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, fall be'ind", But it's "Please to walk in front, sir", when there's trouble in the wind, There's trouble in the wind, my boys, there's trouble in the wind, O it's "Please to walk in front, sir", when there's trouble in the wind.

You talk o' better food for us, an' schools, an' fires, an' all: We'll wait for extry rations if you treat us rational. Don't mess about the cook-room slops, but prove it to our face The Widow's Uniform is not the soldier-man's disgrace. For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!" But it's "Saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot; An' it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' anything you please; An' Tommy ain't a bloomin' fool -- you bet that Tommy sees!

Semper Fi Brother.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CaLyps0

Again take it uP with the people who gave what you feel are "unlawful" orders, what have you done about the problem besides insult American servicemen and women on an Internet forum?

Same worthless bs hippie protesters pulled on soldiers returning from Nam, and look all the good that accomplished in the long run, jack and #%#%.

So how bout instead of bashing soldiers you aim your anger at the right people, get involved in the process, print some flyers, do something instead of venting your impotent rage at basicly kids who love their country and maybe a little naive.

Personally I already signed up to call people for the Paul campaign, don't know how much good it will do but atleast I'm doing more than calling honorable men and women names.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I honestly don't care what these people say. They don't know me personally or have even bothered to ask where I stand and that's ok. Everytime they come on here, narrowmindedly group us together, and insult us, it is just showing the ATS community how foolish and ignorant they are. They feel the need to boost their ego's and their self esteem by taking their anger out on anyone who disagrees with them. It's not our fault that their are people like that here on ATS. They have the right to spit their drivel and I actually like it because, like I said, It only shows their true colors to the ATS community. So I say keep it up, I get a good laugh out of it.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
2 tours in Iraq with the Corps.

Never once have I killed an innocent person. I have protected innocent Iraqi civilians (men, women and children) from those that wished harm to both my fellow Marines and the innocent civilians

Unless you have "been there, done that, got the t-shirt" perhaps you should be quiet on the subject. All you know is what you see on TV and read on the internet...nothing more.

Does TV show us protecting innocents? No
Does TV show Marines handing out school supplies, food and toys to children? Hell no...

Why? because good news does not sell. Everyone wants the misery and the dirt. Everyone wants to hear that an innocent Iraqi was harmed or killed so you and all your military hating kin can further demonize all of us.

You sit on your computer and watch your TV and never leave your home until you need more twinkies. You have a pretty big set to call me and any other service member a coward.

I would love for you to call me a coward face to face (or any other Marine for that matter)
I can guarantee the outcome will not be pleasant for you.
edit on 22-2-2012 by Acid_Burn2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acid_Burn2009
2 tours in Iraq with the Corps.

Never once have I killed an innocent person. I have protected innocent Iraqi civilians (men, women and children) from those that wished harm to both my fellow Marines and the innocent civilians

Unless you have "been there, done that, got the t-shirt" perhaps you should be quiet on the subject. All you know is what you see on TV and read on the internet...nothing more.

Does TV show us protecting innocents? No
Does TV show Marines handing out school supplies, food and toys to children? Hell no...

Why? because good news does not sell. Everyone wants the misery and the dirt. Everyone wants to hear that an innocent Iraqi was harmed or killed so you and all your military hating kin can further demonize all of us.

You sit on your computer and watch your TV and never leave your home until you need more twinkies. You have a pretty big set to call me and any other service member a coward.

I would love for you to call me a coward face to face (or any other Marine for that matter)
I can guarantee the outcome will not be pleasant for you.
edit on 22-2-2012 by Acid_Burn2009 because: (no reason given)

Thank you for your service brother.

You can have your army Kakhis,
And your navy blues,
Here's a different sort of fighting man,
I'll introduce to you.

His uniform is unlike
Any you've ever seen;
And the Germans called him Devil Dog,
But his real name is Marine!

He was born on Parris Island (San Diego or the Hills of Quantico)
The land that God forgot.
The sand was 14 inches deep,
the sun was blazing hot.

He'd get up every morning,
Way before the sun,
And he'd run a hundred miles or more,
Before the day was done.

He fought in the cold of Korea,
In the heat of Viet Nam.
When ever our country goes to war,
The Marines are first to land.

We'll fight them on the ground,
We'll fight them in the sky,
When the Army and Navy are heading home,
The Marines are standing by.

And when he gets to heaven,
To St. Peter he will tell,
"Another Marine reporting, Sir,
I've served my time in Hell!"

~ Hal Popplewell; USMC 1971 - 1979

_

top topics

<< 1   >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum