It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Bury Me Next to a Marine"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Marines hold their Corpsman in extremely high regard and it seems that they feel the same. Our Corpsman allow us to do what we do. Their title may be Corpsman, but to us it is the same as Marine.

Bury me next to a Marine, when my time has come to an end,
So I can spend eternity beside my brother and friend.
I've served beside them for years, and they've inspired me every day.
They've never asked for anything, so a debt I can never repay.
None of them served for glory, none for money or fame.
But they've served in every clime and place, heroes with but one name.
No one will ever outdo them, their honor is never outdone.
They will all go down in history, as America's favorite sons.
Marines will never fail you, and their guard will never cease.
Please bury me next to a Marine, so I may rest in peace.

By HM2(FMF) Robert L. Owens August 31, 2007

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The marine suicide rate is pretty high
I would not want to be buried next to a murdering suicidal pawn.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
What he/she said.

I can honor the fallen without the abstract title or recognition thanks.

edit on 21-2-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

no one cares. marines are not heroes. america hasn't needed a military in 50 years. our freedoms haven't been threatened. wake the # up.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kody27

no one cares. marines are not heroes. america hasn't needed a military in 50 years. our freedoms haven't been threatened. wake the # up.

What do you mean? Them terrorists want to take away our freedoms! We must remove our freedoms before they can! We must invade their nations and steal their oil! All whilst chanting "Support our troops!"

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

What do you mean? Them terrorists want to take away our freedoms! We must remove our freedoms before they can! We must invade their nations and steal their oil! All whilst chanting "Support our troops!"

Morons...You're to afraid to accost the people that actually send them to war. That logic just makes America worse place. Some people don't have any respect.

I salute and pray for all the armed forces

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

Any citizen who loves his country enough to sign up to risk his life in defense of his nation is a hero.

The politicians who dishonor their sacrifice by sending them on frivolous wars are the Villains.

Focus your anger at the appropriate targets.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
These kids don't know any better. That's why they target teenagers, get them young and impressionable, break them down mentally then rebuild them into reactionary cold blooded killers who follow orders without question.

Who do you blame when a 5 yr old shoots his baby sister with his dad's gun? The child? These kids are coming back traumatized and basically crazy. When the military has no more use for them, they get a nice handshake, a salute, and a kick to the curb.

edit on 21-2-2012 by JibbyJedi because: tyop

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Geez thought it would take at least a few posts for the bashing to begin. Go ahead have at it. I've stated my case and opinions enough on here to just not care when being wrongfully attacked. Their will be no more replies on that subject from me in this thread. So please feel free to call me and my brothers murdering, raping, pilageing pshycopaths with a lust for blood and babies. I choose not to judge people by the group but rather by the individual and his or her actions. But if you would like to make narrowminded judgements that is your right to do so.

Also, this thread was aimed more at the veterans and those who actually understand the meaning of the poem. So if you don't care then why read it? If you are looking for an argument you won't find it here.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
God Bless our Armed Forces!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
My grandfather, the nicest man in the universe, served in WWII in iwo. It ruined his life..... He could have been a professional athlete. He was just a naive kid when he bought into the propaganda and signed up. Please STOP bashing the people who try to do right (brainwashed or not) -- they are not to blame. How many politicians have gone to war?? How many of their kids have???

It's not the man it's the machine.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo

Originally posted by Ghost375

Morons...You're to afraid to accost the people that actually send them to war. That logic just makes America worse place. Some people don't have any respect.

Who says we don't accost the people that send them to war?

I don't respect murderers. You can't keep using the excuse that they are following orders. What are you going to say when they turn their guns on Americans? It's okay because they are just following orders? It's only okay when they are killing foreigners who have never set foot on our soil?

You shouldn't call people who disagree with your OPINION, morons....it's moronic to do so.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
i don't wish any suffering for anyone. but they aren't exactly doing any good, they aren't enhancing the livelihood of the planet, they aren't protecting our rights, they're out there being an arm of the corruption. That makes them a victim of the corruption that has infected the hearts of our leaders and people in high position. But with that i also love them. they're my brothers, my family..along with everyone on this planet. I don't want any harm to come to anyone and i dont understand how we can goto war with each other.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Im so sick of that sorry excuse
These marines need to quit taking unlawful orders. They need to keep their oath to protect the constitution. Why hasn't Obama and bush been held accountable for treason.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Anyone dumb enough to join the military in the last 30 years doesn't get any sympathy from me. Kids brainwashed by video games and the allure of "free college plus a paycheck" aren't real Americans.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaLyps0
reply to post by benrl

Im so sick of that sorry excuse
These marines need to quit taking unlawful orders. They need to keep their oath to protect the constitution. Why hasn't Obama and bush been held accountable for treason.

This. What are the generals going to do, dishonorably discharge 100,000 troops? Dishonorable discharge from the military means nothing outside the military.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Dear soldiers reading this on abovetopsecret
you're either with the people
Or with the new world order scum destroying America which are the real threat.
There will come a time when you're ordered to round up citizens and put them into detention centers known as fema camps under martial law. Will you follow the path of the SS nazi regime or will you do the right thing and join us save America.
God bless you and your families
edit on 22-2-2012 by CaLyps0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I have to agree with benrl...Any citizen who loves his country enough to sign up to risk his life in defense of his nation is a hero

Please, take time to offer a prayer of thanks for these fallen warriors and their families. And be sure to thank God for the privilege of living in the greatest country in the world.

"You take care of your Corpsman, and he'll take care of you." I was brought up in a military family (marines )
Peace,sugarcookie1 S&F

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

OOH F'N RAH.

For the haters:

When was the last time you saw the Taliban or AQ do that?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
"God has a hard-on for Marines because we kill everything we see! He plays His games, we play ours! To show our appreciation for so much power, we keep Heaven packed with fresh souls! God was here before the Marine Corps! So you can give your heart to Jesus, but your ass belongs to the Corps! "- Full Metal Jacket

For those bashing on people who have the courage/balls enough to serve, remember who gives you that freedom to do so.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join