It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is "unconditional" love or happiness possible if ever-change and duality is true?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by smithjustinb

True, you can see the universe however you want THROUGH your OWN emotion, you can see it as love, hate, wonder, mystery, but through observation

, you can obviously see that there is no emotion except the ones of your own and other living things.

Wait. What?

You can see the thought however you want though your own Emotion?

edit on 23-2-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I'm talking about the universe not thoughts...

But even if you could read minds or see thoughts, you would be judging them through the filter of your own emotions....
edit on 23-2-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
This is unconditional love (in my opinion) explained beautifully.
youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
This is unconditional love (in my opinion) explained beautifully.
youtu.be...

The words "unconditional" and "love" already have definitions, and that video does not describe it. It's talking about acceptance instead...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You have a definition and so does everyone else. You can define it but do you know it?
And believing yours is right and others are wrong is what keeps you away from the 'unconditional' state of love.
Who cares how it is defined? See that definitions, beliefs, ideas cause the separation.
Separation is fear.
Oneness is love.

edit on 24-2-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

She is talking about the singularity, so who is it that can accept or not accept? Non duality is the singularity. Because you believe you are something and what you experience is something, making two somethings there will always be conflict. (duality).
So "Is "unconditional" love or happiness possible if ever-change and duality is true?" No.
If non duality is true, the answer is yes. When you realize unconceptual awareness, see without defining (which is non dual) you will know unconditional love.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The tasting, the touching, the hearing, the seeing is unconditional.
The mind, the intellect, words, thoughts, concepts, ideas are all conditional.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

The tasting, the touching, the hearing, the seeing is unconditional.
The mind, the intellect, words, thoughts, concepts, ideas are all conditional.

In my life, I hope to find a fine line between the inside and the outside. And then I want to walk outside and bring my thoughts and creative imagination with me.
edit on 24-2-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Chapter 7 of Tao Te Ching:

The Tao is infinite, eternal.
Why is it eternal?
It was never born;
thus it can never die.
Why is it infinite?
It has no desires for itself;
thus it is present for all beings.

The Master stays behind;
that is why she is ahead.
She is detached from all things;
that is why she is one with them.
Because she has let go of herself,
she is perfectly fulfilled.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

When you 'find' the fine line between the inside and the outside the line will dissolve and you will disappear and you will no longer be searching.

The myth of within:
youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Chapter 10 from Tao Te Ching:

Can you coax your mind from its wandering
and keep to the original oneness?
Can you let your body become
supple as a newborn child's?
Can you cleanse your inner vision
until you see nothing but the light?
Can you love people and lead them
without imposing your will?
Can you deal with the most vital matters
by letting events take their course?
Can you step back from you own mind
and thus understand all things?

Giving birth and nourishing,
having without possessing,
acting with no expectations,
leading and not trying to control:
this is the supreme virtue.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

But I want to find the line without disappearing.

I had an extreme vision of the Earth merging all its life forms into one super-form. No more need for survival mechanisms because we would live by photosynthesis. No more conflict. No more fear. No more lies. No more being on a strange planet where we don't understand who we're sharing it with. Peace, eternal celebratory joy, compassion, love, progress, and god-like creative potential. Who's to say it can't happen?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

'You', the mind made entity (the believed in separate entity), the within, is not separate from the without. It is all that is present.
The ego, the mind made image you have of yourself is what prevents the realization of oneness.
If you want unnecessary suffering or you do not have any fear or anxiety then hang on to the false sense of self.
But if you feel isolated, scared and life generally feels rubbish then go for the truth, it sets one free.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Do not put the earth in front of you, who cares if the 'earth' merges into one?
You just need to see that you are one with all that is.
youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
I had an extreme vision of the Earth merging all its life forms into one super-form. No more need for survival mechanisms because we would live by photosynthesis. No more conflict. No more fear. No more lies. No more being on a strange planet where we don't understand who we're sharing it with. Peace, eternal celebratory joy, compassion, love, progress, and god-like creative potential. Who's to say it can't happen?

Possible, yes, probable, no.

Maybe it is acceptance that the universe is as it is without trying to force it to be something that it is not.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I'm talking about the universe not thoughts...

But even if you could read minds or see thoughts, you would be judging them through the filter of your own emotions....
edit on 23-2-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

What is the universe but an expression of various forms electromagnetic phenomenon? What is thought but the same?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

'You', the mind made entity (the believed in separate entity), the within, is not separate from the without. It is all that is present.

I've heard this a thousand times and seen it one hundred. This isn't a question for me any more. My new question is, "What is this?" "It's me.", you might say. So what am I/We/This? What is the universe? How can it be explained subjectively? Objectively, we can define it as protons, electrons, neutrons, gravity, time, space, etc., but what about subjectively? Where does the inner meet the outer in agreement?

The ego, the mind made image you have of yourself is what prevents the realization of oneness.
If you want unnecessary suffering or you do not have any fear or anxiety then hang on to the false sense of self.
But if you feel isolated, scared and life generally feels rubbish then go for the truth, it sets one free.

Yes. That's all well and good, and I love the truth as much as anyone, and life is beautiful, but it still doesn't answer the ultimate question. "What is this?"

Can we really define the universe using objective terms? How does our perception of reality change when we start defining it using subjective terms, like beauty and love or hate or peace? Aren't all subjective terms used to define the universe valid and actually appropriate?

So I can say, "the universe is beauty" because I am observing beauty. Or I can say, "the universe is love" because I am observing love. Think about it.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Do not put the earth in front of you, who cares if the 'earth' merges into one?
You just need to see that you are one with all that is.
youtu.be...

I care. Because if all is one, then wouldn't it be most likely that we would move into a unified form?

From chaos to order. From the scattered outskirts of a spiral galaxy (dinosaurs and what not) to a condensed region of the order of a black hole (unified cosmic being). And we live through it all the way down the rabbit hole.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Possible, yes, probable, no.

Maybe it is acceptance that the universe is as it is without trying to force it to be something that it is not.

Acceptance that you are your brother's keeper. A house divided will not stand. A unifying initiative at the root of our existence that drives us into a single unified form. That would be something.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

We think about our universe, in the same way we see it. We only see the "visible" universe, and I think we can only comprehend the same proportion to what is really going on.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join