It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is "unconditional" love or happiness possible if ever-change and duality is true?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

Actually, you just said that love is neutral again.

Also, I already said that I understand that zero is neutral between positive (+1) and negative (-1).

You are too dumb to talk to!

eYe clearly SAID:

NEUTRAL LOVE!

kNot LOVE IS NEUTRAL!

They are kNot the SAME! You idiot! Until you are smart enough to know the difference, there isn't anything eye can say to help you for you refuse to help yourself and no one can help anyone that refuses to help themself!

Your math is atrocious!

Ribbit

PS: Look at what eYe said here:

There is Hate that isn't negative and there is Love that is negative. Even the Black Eyed Pee's said it:

"Pieces of Love where Love don't belong."

What's the simple math of that entire statement?

-Love LOGIC +Love
-Hate LOGIC +Hate

Neutral Love is PURE LOGIC! You should have known that simple fact but eYe guess you don't?

"God/Source is Everything: Time is God/Source in Motion; Thought is Time in Motion; Logic is Thought in Motion; Love is Logic in Motion; Life is Love in Motion; Math is Life/Numbers in Motion. Rinse & Repeat." - Old Toad Proverb

edit on 22-2-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

If you do not want to talk to me for whatever reason, whether you think I am too stupid to understand you or for any other reason, you are free to not talk to me...

I do admit that I misunderstood you though. I was confusing my conversation with you with another person.

You were saying "Neutral love" and someone else was saying that "Love is Neutral".

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

If you do not want to talk to me for whatever reason, whether you think I am too stupid to understand you or for any other reason, you are free to not talk to me...

I do admit that I misunderstood you though. I was confusing my conversation with you with another person.

You were saying "Neutral love" and someone else was saying that "Love is Neutral".

Otay!

eYe can relate! Carrying on multiple conversations can mess anyone up and it does it to me at times as well.

Neutral Love is Pure Logic, no positive and no negative, just Unconditional Love.

Conditions = Positve and/or Negative
Unconditional = Neutral

Light is Neutral Color.

Heat is Neutral Temperature.

etc . . .

Source is ultimately Neutral, although sub-verses of Source can be either or. To give you an example, Numbers:

Negative One is the Source of Negative Infinite and Negative Finite combined.

(-I)(-f) = 1
(-1)(-1) = 1

Positive One is the Source of Positive Infinite and Positive Finite combined.

(+I)(+f) = +1
(+1)(+1) = +1

Zero is the Source of All Numbers combined, both Negative & Positive.

< -Infinite -1 : - 1 -finite ZERO +finite +1 : +1 +Infinite >

In each realm of Negative & Positive, there's a sub-verse of Source within, but the ultimate Source is the controlling factor of all, which with numbers, that's Zero.
And sub-verses along with Source, show the Trinality of Life:

-1 ZERO + 1

-1 : 0 : +1 = 1 + 1 + 1 = 3

3 is kNot Duality, it's Trinality.

Ribbit

edit on 22-2-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by arpgme

I feel i must draw your attention to the title of your thread in which you use the words 'unconditional love' and happiness. I do not understand why you are using the words love and hate because 'unconditional' love is not the love you keep going on about. Love and hate are dual, they are opposites. Unconditional love has no opposite, it is total acceptance to what is occuring presently, it is also what is appearing presently.
Call it peace if you really want to but 'unconditional love' is the subject.

No. The point of this thread was to discuss unconditional love. Is it really possible to hold love without conditions. You never feel anything but love if that is what you choose, and most people said that the hate and anger will still arise but you can choose to let go and come back to love. If that's the case then it's not unconditional, because unconditional love means that it is never interrupted if you don't want it to be.

I'm calling what most people mentioned here as peace because that is what they are describing. Peace is acceptance, not love. Love is liking, understanding, and helping people. It is compassion, Peace is acceptance, they are two difference concepts and it seems like most people are confusing the two.

With that being said, I will admit that you can hold peace AND love or hate, but understand that love is compassion ONLY and peace is acceptance ONLY, although they CAN be held together...

Obviously the opposite of love is hate.

Unconditional love means being able to like, understand, and help people without any conditions - also liking everything that exists without conditions (like is a part of love).

Obviously the opposite of that would be not liking, not understand, and not caring and possible even harming people without any conditions - thus unconditional hate can exist.

This is simple logic.

You forgot to mention yourself here. You declare compassion for others, but it begins with yourself. I used to ask how could a person possibly love they neighbor unconditionally, which would be total non-judgment. I believe, from my own experience, that this is only possible when we love ourselves unconditionally. There is no judgment, no desires or expectaions of any kind. It's living totally in the moment. It's not an easy state or level to maintain, because most allow the old patterns to return and fear is the biggest obstacle. Being totally without fear is true freedom.

Wow, I really read some great answers in this thread!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onboard2

reply to post by arpgme

I feel i must draw your attention to the title of your thread in which you use the words 'unconditional love' and happiness. I do not understand why you are using the words love and hate because 'unconditional' love is not the love you keep going on about. Love and hate are dual, they are opposites. Unconditional love has no opposite, it is total acceptance to what is occuring presently, it is also what is appearing presently.
Call it peace if you really want to but 'unconditional love' is the subject.

No. The point of this thread was to discuss unconditional love. Is it really possible to hold love without conditions. You never feel anything but love if that is what you choose, and most people said that the hate and anger will still arise but you can choose to let go and come back to love. If that's the case then it's not unconditional, because unconditional love means that it is never interrupted if you don't want it to be.

I'm calling what most people mentioned here as peace because that is what they are describing. Peace is acceptance, not love. Love is liking, understanding, and helping people. It is compassion, Peace is acceptance, they are two difference concepts and it seems like most people are confusing the two.

With that being said, I will admit that you can hold peace AND love or hate, but understand that love is compassion ONLY and peace is acceptance ONLY, although they CAN be held together...

Obviously the opposite of love is hate.

Unconditional love means being able to like, understand, and help people without any conditions - also liking everything that exists without conditions (like is a part of love).

Obviously the opposite of that would be not liking, not understand, and not caring and possible even harming people without any conditions - thus unconditional hate can exist.

This is simple logic.

You forgot to mention yourself here. You declare compassion for others, but it begins with yourself. I used to ask how could a person possibly love they neighbor unconditionally, which would be total non-judgment. I believe, from my own experience, that this is only possible when we love ourselves unconditionally. There is no judgment, no desires or expectaions of any kind. It's living totally in the moment. It's not an easy state or level to maintain, because most allow the old patterns to return and fear is the biggest obstacle. Being totally without fear is true freedom.

Wow, I really read some great answers in this thread!

Old saying:

"Love thy neighbor as thyself."

Sew what happens in that equation when you hate yourself?

Flip the old saying around:

"Love thyself as thy neighbor."

That emphasises you first, which you must learn to love thyself first, if you are ever going to love everyone else.

Ribbit

Ps: The backwardsness of the old saying is INTENTIONAL!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Listen to Chunyi Lin qigong master in his brand new live healing podcast on unconditional love -- he sends the light laser love energy and heals people who call in -- diagnosing their energy blockages

You can feel the unconditional love and Chunyi Lin focuses on the subject of unconditional love -- the podcast interviewer asks him how there can be unconditional love.
edit on 23-2-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
In my mind, love and hate are not opposite. Love is a state of mind, a choice be it. Hate is a reaction or long term emotion of pain and anger. Forgiveness removes hate. I think it is this way because you can love and hate something equally.

That's IMHO anyways.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The word 'unconditional' means without condition, without concept, without conditions placed upon it. Is it possible to hate without a reason?
When you know 'this' you can not hate. Oneness feels like love not hate.
Conscious contact with what is feels like love.

Until you wake up from the dream of separation (duality) you will not know what i am talking about.
It is like describing red to a blind man!

Wrong perception causes fear and fear will veil true, pure love.
youtu.be...
edit on 23-2-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Love is the natural condition, whereas hate is manufactured (made, conditioned) through fear.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Well, objectively speaking, it's possible what we call love - even agape or unconditional humanistic love - is nothing more than a neurotransmitter interaction in our brains, and that our perception of reality as sense of self (and by extension our feelings for other "selves") are all illusory and no more inherent or "true" than color or taste. It's also possible that "happiness" is little more than what rewards us most and hurts us least (physically and neurologically.) It's possible what we call love is an anomaly native to humans and that other intelligent life in the universe is unaware of such concepts entirely for all I know.

But that's my skeptical, agnostic side speaking. If you believe in love or it is in your nature to love or to try to (as seems to be the case for me, no matter how skeptical or agnostic I have become toward the concept,) then speaking from experience I can say that I think unconditional love is possible. However, there is a distinction for me between unconditional love and an unconditional relationship (I use the term not strictly in the romantic or even platonic sense; I refer to any relationship between more than one "part" or consciousness.)

I feel that relationships by their nature are conditional, in any context. At minimum they seem to be circumstantially conditional, and beyond that they seem to generally be ethically or diplomatically or situationally conditional. Fortunately, we can love someone without anything more than a circumstantial condition applied (i.e. we have to at least be conscious in some form in order to be aware of or to feel or to express love in my opinion.)

So basically, I suspect unconditional love is possible. But I suspect unconditional relationsips are not. I say "I suspect" because ultimately I always have to allow for possibilities beyond my capacity to conceive or imagine. Unconditional happiness seems like a more complicated concept to me. I can't think of a measure of what we humans call happiness that doesn't involve some sort of conditionality or at least contrast mechanism. I suppose you could imagine a scenario in which you "just are," and thus by virtue of no suffering or happiness are at least "content." But I don't think that's what you're asking.

Just my two cents. Very intriguing topic. Peace.
edit on 2/23/2012 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Unconditional love is not possible in relationship. Relationship implies more than one - duality.
If duality is believed to be true, unconditional love is not possible, nor is true happiness.
The belief in dualism creates suffering, when non duality is seen to be the true state there is no suffering-this is love.
I wish you contentment.
youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
The human Intellect (thoughts, perceptions, reactions, ruminations) is 100% subjective as a fully dynamic informational whole. That being the case, its contextual composition is malleable and consistently fluid; affected constantly by relative factors that adjust within it and that affect it from outside the confines of itself as the ever-increasing contextual environment that it is. Such a whole can't ever be immune to fluctuating responses to external stimuli, or to the impact of shifting perceptions, and while this makes the permanent capacity for happiness and/or unconditional love impossible, it does allow for moments of true transcendence that other informational wholes can never achieve.

The human being is the only naturally occurring informational whole that is capable of unfettered perception. That may be inconvenient for some who strive for rigid control over themselves and others who share reality with them, but if viewed as the miracle that it is, this unique capacity for subjectivity can be celebrated and enjoyed by the human beings blessed with it.
edit on 2/23/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
No inside, no outside, just this, one.
youtu.be...
When ego and suffering are undone, love and happiness/peace is unveiled and known to be the true natural state.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

No inside, no outside, just this, one.
youtu.be...
When ego and suffering are undone, love and happiness/peace is unveiled and known to be the true natural state.

When you achieve this, let us know what it tastes like.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

It can not be achieved, it has to be realized. And it tastes fantastic, delicious.
This moment and you are not separate, does 'this' have to be achieved? When you know that it is one, you will feel the love, taste the love, hear the love, see the love and know that it is all love.
It is only mind made stories that are believed to be true that cause the sense of separation. Stop believing the mind, the stories, the concepts and the labels for they hide the truth.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
What i love about ATS is that even though people are interested in this subject, people are blind to the truth. No wonder people cruxified Jesus!!! Jesus tried to make the blind see and the deaf hear, he must have been very frustrated, no wonder he chose silence after his resurection.
This subject can not really be spoken about because there is so much misunderstanding when words are used and unfortunately words is all we have to communicate. The truth is wordless but it feels like home, it feels like love.
Love is all there is:
youtu.be...

I offer you freedom.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by baalbuster

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Yes, then I would exact vengeance. Actions causes reactions...violent actions causes violent reactions, peaceful actions causes peaceful reactions.

And that would be fine as a way to come to terms and peace with the situation. But the hate towards the person would still be there, so whenever you thought about that person, they would pull you away from any positive mindset you might be indulging yourself in.

Ultimately, to be spotless in your current relationship to your memory, you would have to forgive everyone who ever offended you and move forward to an attitude of acceptance towards the person who offended you. That way there is no remaining inner animosity

I don't think its healthy to be positive all the time, its a natural human condition to feel negativity in some fashion.

Constantly positive people are nothing more then fodder for cult leaders and are usually painfully unaware of reality.

No one can be unaware of reality because reality is in the eye of the beholder. The only way to be unaware of reality is to be unaware. As long as you are aware, then you are aware of reality. Whatever emotion you feel is your reality and pure positivity is equally as valid as pure negativity and is equally as valid as a mix of both.

To be aware of reality, all you have to do is be aware. How you interpret what you are aware of is completely your choice and there is no right or wrong way to interpret a situation.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Really silly question..

Of course Unconditional love exists, in all realities! People think they have to try and love and be nice to everyone they meet and talk to.. Unconditional love is loving yourself for the beautiful Soul & Body you are in this lifetime. How can you love ANYthing if you cant accept and fully appreciate your entire being as a whole, and love YOU (the being behind the eyes and mind) for what your truly are ? To have unconditional love you must first tap deep into your core being and appreciate the Life you were given and the life you are living
Only then can you love everything else in the cosmos, as long as your kingdom (Soul & Body) is 100% pure of self-love, nothing can affect you in any reality, because you are always loved and feel appreciated

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I wish I found this topic earlier. Anyway, I strongly agree with the concept of neutral love. It is the most pure and true sense of love. It just is. Other concepts that man call love, are not love in its entirety. In most instances, it is a love for self and stems from the ego, that is where the duality exists. Neutral love is unconditional. It just always is and isn't dependent on the existence of anything else for it to exist. Man's concept is love, especially what they call "romantic love" is a small part of their concept of love. It is conditional and stems from love of self. And when I say self, I mean the ego, not the soul. Does anyone understand me? Does that make sense?

I think it is fair to say that an unconditional concept of man's misrepresented idea of love does not exist.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

reply to post by baalbuster

I edited my original response. quote and reply to the edited version.

Could you give the same love to John Wayne Gacy as you do your own mother?

I am doing it now.

Glad you feel ok with that, he was such a huggable and jolly clown, especially to teenage boys. Maybe you should explain your philosophy to the mothers and fathers of the victims, I'm sure they'd share your warm sentiment towards Gacy.

I'm sure they wouldn't, and that's why they're suffering.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join