It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is "unconditional" love or happiness possible if ever-change and duality is true?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by baalbuster

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by baalbuster

I edited my original response. quote and reply to the edited version.

Could you give the same love to John Wayne Gacy as you do your own mother?

I am doing it now.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Yes, then I would exact vengeance. Actions causes reactions...violent actions causes violent reactions, peaceful actions causes peaceful reactions.

And that would be fine as a way to come to terms and peace with the situation. But the hate towards the person would still be there, so whenever you thought about that person, they would pull you away from any positive mindset you might be indulging yourself in.

Ultimately, to be spotless in your current relationship to your memory, you would have to forgive everyone who ever offended you and move forward to an attitude of acceptance towards the person who offended you. That way there is no remaining inner animosity

I don't think its healthy to be positive all the time, its a natural human condition to feel negativity in some fashion.

Constantly positive people are nothing more then fodder for cult leaders and are usually painfully unaware of reality.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

reply to post by baalbuster

I edited my original response. quote and reply to the edited version.

Could you give the same love to John Wayne Gacy as you do your own mother?

I am doing it now.

Glad you feel ok with that, he was such a huggable and jolly clown, especially to teenage boys. Maybe you should explain your philosophy to the mothers and fathers of the victims, I'm sure they'd share your warm sentiment towards Gacy.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Unconditional love and relentless happiness are overrated; as humans we want to experience a broad spectrum of emotions, so it is good to feel anger, sadness, sorrow, grief, happiness, loneliness, etc. All must be in good measure, of course, and while happiness should be a default state of being, it is necessary to indulge in various emotional states. There is nothing wrong with feeling sad if something bad happens, but there is a problem when sadness becomes one's default state. Personally, I'm somewhere between neutral/happy by default.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
Unconditional love and relentless happiness are overrated; as humans we want to experience a broad spectrum of emotions, so it is good to feel anger, sadness, sorrow, grief, happiness, loneliness, etc. All must be in good measure, of course, and while happiness should be a default state of being, it is necessary to indulge in various emotional states. There is nothing wrong with feeling sad if something bad happens, but there is a problem when sadness becomes one's default state. Personally, I'm somewhere between neutral/happy by default.

Indeed, it would be unsettling to react positively to certain situations. Acceptance is one thing, but to react with love towards serial murder would be another.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

So it is totally possible to feel love and accept (peace) that, and to feel hate and accept (peace) that.

Yes, but at the moment of accepting that which hate, you no longer hate it. However, at the moment of accepting that which you love, you still love it.

So, If you hate something, and you accept that this is the emotion that you feel - that means that you no longer feel that emotion? That doesn't make sense. You are accepting the thing that you hate but also accepting of your emotion to it. It's OK to feel emotions negative and positive which is why they exist.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

there are people who show love to serial killers to hate killers is something that is taught to us look at cannibles they technically are serial killers they can love each other

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

No Right! No Wrong! NEUTRAL is the ONLY way to achieve Unconditional Love!

How is love neutral? I thought it was positive and hate was negative.

Dew you hate brussel sprouts? Is it bad that you dew?

On sum mornings, dew you hate getting out of bed? Is it bad that you dew?

There is Hate that isn't negative and there is Love that is negative. Even the Black Eyed Pee's said it:

"Pieces of Love where Love don't belong."

Is it logical to hate it when your finger slips on the toilet paper when wiping?

eYe hate it when that happens!

The Love that is born out of Neutrality is Unconditional Love!

Zero judgment!

Zero strings attached!

Zero conditions!

eYe let stoopidity get to me and eYe shouldn't. Peeps are dumb because that's how they're suppose to be and eYe know that but there's no excuse for it, sew it bothers me but eYe's getting better at handling it, one day at a time.

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

If people are supposed to be stupid then how is there no excuse for being stupid? Isn't the exist is that they are supposed to be that way?

Also, LOVE and HATE are STATES of BEING. It has nothing to do to where it is being directed to in the outside world.

When you feel love you are in the POSITIVE STATE of BEING, when you feel hate you are in the NEGATIVE STATE of BEING.

Where you choose to direct your hate and love is a separate issue altogether.

Also, there was some person arguing (forgot who) that said that unconditional hate does not exist.

If hate AND love are neutral, and netural love is unconditional then neutral hate should be unconditional too, following that logic.
edit on 22-2-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I feel i must draw your attention to the title of your thread in which you use the words 'unconditional love' and happiness. I do not understand why you are using the words love and hate because 'unconditional' love is not the love you keep going on about. Love and hate are dual, they are opposites. Unconditional love has no opposite, it is total acceptance to what is occuring presently, it is also what is appearing presently.
Call it peace if you really want to but 'unconditional love' is the subject.
Unconditional love is two words, a concept that tries in my opinion to describe non duality.
What is non duality? youtu.be...
edit on 22-2-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by arpgme

I feel i must draw your attention to the title of your thread in which you use the words 'unconditional love' and happiness. I do not understand why you are using the words love and hate because 'unconditional' love is not the love you keep going on about. Love and hate are dual, they are opposites. Unconditional love has no opposite, it is total acceptance to what is occuring presently, it is also what is appearing presently.
Call it peace if you really want to but 'unconditional love' is the subject.

No. The point of this thread was to discuss unconditional love. Is it really possible to hold love without conditions. You never feel anything but love if that is what you choose, and most people said that the hate and anger will still arise but you can choose to let go and come back to love. If that's the case then it's not unconditional, because unconditional love means that it is never interrupted if you don't want it to be.

I'm calling what most people mentioned here as peace because that is what they are describing. Peace is acceptance, not love. Love is liking, understanding, and helping people. It is compassion, Peace is acceptance, they are two difference concepts and it seems like most people are confusing the two.

With that being said, I will admit that you can hold peace AND love or hate, but understand that love is compassion ONLY and peace is acceptance ONLY, although they CAN be held together...

Obviously the opposite of love is hate.

Unconditional love means being able to like, understand, and help people without any conditions - also liking everything that exists without conditions (like is a part of love).

Obviously the opposite of that would be not liking, not understand, and not caring and possible even harming people without any conditions - thus unconditional hate can exist.

This is simple logic.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Indeed, it would be unsettling to react positively to certain situations. Acceptance is one thing, but to react with love towards serial murder would be another.

Maybe a serial killer is in more desperate need of love than a hero.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Unconditional love is not possible when you are lost in duality. So the answer to the original question is no, unconditional love and happiness are not possibe if duality is true.
But duality is not true and when you realize this you will know unconditional love and happiness and peace and joy and contentment. And you will not have to steal love or expect love from another or give love because you will know you are love and everything is love.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

Unconditional love is not possible when you are lost in duality. So the answer to the original question is no, unconditional love and happiness are not possibe if duality is true.
But duality is not true and when you realize this you will know unconditional love and happiness and peace and joy and contentment. And you will not have to steal love or expect love from another or give love because you will know you are love and everything is love.

So if duality if duality is not true, why does light and dark exist? And hot and cold? And black and white? And pleasure and pain? How is this not a duality?

Even if you believe in a triality, where there is something connecting everything, there is still a duality, now there are just connected by the third piece.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

There is only ever one thing happening, never two.
Just this; youtu.be...

Words/concepts confuse and conflict. Call it 'this'.
'This' is unconditional because no one has put conditions on it, but when you do (which humans generally do) it is no longer unconditional love, it is human judgment. Do i love this or hate this? Is conditional. Conditional because a human wants something.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Also, LOVE and HATE are STATES of BEING. It has nothing to do to where it is being directed to in the outside world.

When you feel love you are in the POSITIVE STATE of BEING, when you feel hate you are in the NEGATIVE STATE of BEING.

If hate AND love are neutral, and netural love is unconditional then neutral hate should be unconditional too, following that logic.

eYe never said either are neutral! You read what you want to read and ignore what eYe say! That is utter stoopidity because it is closed minded to the max!

The only reason you say Love is Positive and Hate is Negative is because you've don't remember Neutral Love, which you possessed when you were born.

How does the polarity of Zero relate to Negative One?

How does the polarity of Zero relate to Positive One?

Zero has no POLARITY! What don't you get with that SIMPLE MATH? First graders understand that simplicity, sew what's your excuse?

Try being absolutely Neutral and see how it feels? Look at everyone with a simple thought in your mind:

"There is no forgiveness for there's nothing to forgive."

Rid yourself of your judgmental ways and you will be one step closer to Neutrality and once you understand it better by living it, it's easier to understand.

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

He says that there is only This and it changes from one instance to another. He even says that fantasy and speaking is This. That mean that all of these concepts are a part of this and therefore we need not label them. But that also means that this concept of unconditional hate does exist as well...

It is starting to sound like, for whatever reason, you just don't want to accept unconditional hate as a concept at all - even though it already is one I even described its definition in comparison to unconditional love. Whether you want to call it a duality or not is your choice.
edit on 22-2-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

So if duality if duality is not true, why does light and dark exist? And hot and cold? And black and white? And pleasure and pain? How is this not a duality?

Even if you believe in a triality, where there is something connecting everything, there is still a duality, now there are just connected by the third piece.

eYe toadily feel like the teacher writing on the chalkboard and the student is blind because eYe continually explain to you there is NO DUALITY! There is ONLY TRINALITY!

Light is kNot the opposite of Dark, moron!

Dark LIGHT Bright

Light is the SOURCE! Dark & Bright its variables! 3 kNot 2.

Cold HEAT Hot

Heat is the SOURCE! Cold & Hot are its variables! 3 kNot 2.

As long as you live Duality, you have no hope of Peace, either outwardly or inwardly!!!!

You are CoNSTANTLY missing the BIG PICTURE because you only want to see what You want to see!

eYe swear, sum of you are too dumb to find the Light Switch, even with help!

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Actually, you just said that love is neutral again.

Also, I already said that I understand that zero is neutral between positive (+1) and negative (-1).

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

But duality is not true and when you realize this you will know unconditional love and happiness and peace and joy and contentment.

That is one place NOW and eYe agree!

Duality is an illusion and part of this Construct to keep you dumb and boi is it werk'n overtime!

Ribbit

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join