It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is "unconditional" love or happiness possible if ever-change and duality is true?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Compassion is not about changing something, it is about acceptance. To want something to change is judgmental.

The English noun compassion, meaning to suffer together with.
To be with (as is), to be present with what is present.
edit on 22-2-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by lampsalot
If unconditional love exists, that would mean you would love someone even if they killed everyone else you loved. Do you love anyone that much?

IF is so iffy

but Indeed, it takes alot to wield an unchangingly, unconditionally hateless heart!

My question is:

Is unconditional love merited before created? We either begin loving someone unconditionally at some point, or we have always loved them unconditionally.

The former IF implies unconditionality of love is still an affect conditional of time

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Perhaps one precursor to achieving unconditional love is blanket TRUST?

(or, no? Which would then mean one can love unconditionally yet not trust, which doesnt make any sense)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Duality is not true. Duality is an illusion. There is only one. When you realize this you will know what unconditional love and happiness are, until then you won't.
Try this:
youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by arpgme

So tell me when are you not aware?
Unawareness can not be!
To be or not to be? That is the question.
Awareness is not dual.

One example of not being aware is when I lose completely consciousness which HAS happened before, so obviously even awareness is a dual. There is awareness and unawareness.

reply to post by arpgme

Compassion is not about changing something, it is about acceptance. To want something to change is judgmental.

The English noun compassion, meaning to suffer together with.
To be with (as is), to be present with what is present.

But its definition is as follows:

The humane quality of understanding the suffering of others and wanting to do something about it.

Acceptance allows the light and dark to be.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Even in unconsciousness there is awareness. Unconciousness is where awareness is not aware of a 'thing'.
I edited my last post with this video;
youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

Even in unconsciousness there is awareness. Unconciousness is where awareness is not aware of a 'thing'.
I edited my last post with this video;
youtu.be...

So if you are not aware of a single thing, how is that an awareness?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If you really are interested please watch the video, he says it better than i can write it.
In deep sleep there is still awareness, otherwise when your alarm clock rings it would not be heard.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

To see suffering is to suffer, this is compassion. To see love is to love , this is compassion. You are/it is.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Nevermind, you read into what you wish to and just put in your own meanings into my word and if you read back what I wrote and then your answer, you will see that. Unconditionnal Love is not void a place void of Hate, it's a state of being in which you choose to Love. As simple as that. Don't put in further words to mine just because you don't agree, find a good counter point and not just put in meanings that aren't there.

Back to you my friend...
Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Awareness must be present prior to anything appearing. Without awareness no 'thing' could be known/experienced. The knowing is awareness.
It is the all seeing, all knowing, always present Presence that you are.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoLoveInFear46and2
reply to post by arpgme

Nevermind, you read into what you wish to and just put in your own meanings into my word and if you read back what I wrote and then your answer, you will see that. Unconditionnal Love is not void a place void of Hate, it's a state of being in which you choose to Love. As simple as that. Don't put in further words to mine just because you don't agree, find a good counter point and not just put in meanings that aren't there.

Back to you my friend...
Peace

Hate is the opposite of love, if the love is without conditions - it can be felt every single second if that is what you choose - then no feelings of hate should arise...

If your definition is anything else, then we aren't talking about unconditional love.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Hate is the opposite to love, dual, they are mind made imaginations, words that describe a 'thing'.. Unconditional love is non dual, there is no opposite.
Do you know the difference between duality and non duality, if not, check out this video.
youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

Hate is the opposite to love, dual, they are mind made imaginations, words that describe a 'thing'.. Unconditional love is non dual, there is no opposite.

unconditional hate, would be the opposite of unconditional love .

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Wrong - there is no opposite to unconditional (non conceptual) love, please watch the videos.
Unconditioned means with no conditions, which is non conceptual. Concepts are conditions humans place upon everything. There are no 'things' until the conceptual mind puts borders on oneness. The conceptual mind splits and separates the whole into 'things' but there are not really any 'things' in oneness.
Oneness, wholeness, love.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Because you believe in the changing, non permanent 'things', you live in the assumption of duality, so yes unconditional love and happiness will elude you. You live in confusion and fear because you believe and live a lie.
When you realize the truth, that there is no duality, fear and confusion cease and you will know peace and joy.

The 'things' are seen but what is it that sees?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad
In answer to your EXACT question:

No!

The PROBLEM is your question, it IS wrong! Ask the wrong question, get the wrong answer!!!!

There is NO Duality! There is ONLY Trinality!!!!

NO 2!

ALWAYS THREE!

No Right! No Wrong! NEUTRAL is the ONLY way to achieve Unconditional Love!

Ribbit

edit on 21-2-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

I tend to agree with the frog on this one.

Neutrality is peace. It is where God is. It is the place that doesn't believe in good or evil but respects all as a creation of this universe and recognizes everyone and everything's importance.

Neutrality is beyond duality. The three become one. This can cause you any emotion you want depending on how you, the subjective observer, choose to interpret a given situation. You have the power to choose to see the world as you please. That, in my opinion, is our creator God potential.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

[COLOR=GOLD]

If I am understanding you correct your saying how can 1 exist if there is a negative energy also. 1 can understand this and this is the universal issue. Some wish not to care and see others who share this little universe with them as nothing more then pest or lower life's. this is the energy that separates the universal energies overall. If you look at it from a point of view like ALL* within this little universe ALL* ARE observed for their actions and those energies of the universe that can develop LOVE for others unlike them in appearance but like in CREATION energy will be ascended beyond this little energy containment device why others remain. Then it may help you too see the OVERALL SOURCE of the unconditional love is from the CREATOR essence within us ALL* generated within those WILLING so the LOVE IS PERFECT. Its just from the inside it seems impossible amongst the various AWARE UNIVERSAL ENERGIES who control and rule each other. To them inside the containment device this is ALL there is so they feel there cannot be a UNCONDITIONAL LOVE if there is a = negative energy. THIS IS THE PROBLEM the love is from the creator of us ALL as well as SOME of the creations WILLING to carry it and spread it. So the evol isn't even close to matching the energy for its trapped within this energy containment device as well CONFUSED AND IN FEAR OF WHAT THE CREATOR MAY CREATE TO ELIMINATE ITS UNBALANCED ENERGY. THIS EVOL IS THE IMBALANCE only IN THE EFFECT IT CAUSES ON A PREEXISTING positive FORMAT OF EXISTING. Excuse the caps my friend arpgme. So in the end the evol is CONTAINED and doesn't see it. The LOVE isn't contained and is present in the who gave us ALL our essence to LOVE. So those who wish not to LOVE well hey worst case they remain contained within this energy containment device until they KILL all the positive energy and then... ALL their energy may be COLLECTED AND REFINED.

NAMASTE*******
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA

[/COLOR]
edit on 2/22/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

The misconception is that this man is saying that everything is love, the non-duality and space and emptiness is love because it allows all things to be as it is...

The only thing is, love is not peace.

Love is understanding and caring, Peace is accepting and allowing things to be.

So this guy is describing Peace but giving it the label of "Love" for some odd reason...

By the way, the guy in the video even admitted that there is no consciousness/awareness when we sleep (sometimes - when in deep sleep), he said it is from this nothingness that all things arise, so he's pretty much agree with me, that there could be unawareness...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by Itisnowagain

The misconception is that this man is saying that everything is love, the non-duality and space and emptiness is love because it allows all things to be as it is...

The only thing is, love is not peace.

Love is understanding and caring, Peace is accepting and allowing things to be.

So this guy is describing Peace but giving it the label of "Love" for some odd reason...

By the way, the guy in the video even admitted that there is no consciousness/awareness when we sleep (sometimes - when in deep sleep), he said it is from this nothingness that all things arise, so he's pretty much agree with me, that there could be unawareness...

Love and peace are the same. You can't have one without the other. You can't have love without acceptance. If you have a girlfriend or a boyfriend, and you can't accept that person for who he/she is, then you don't love him/her.

Peace is neutrality. Love is also neutrality. You can love good and evil. If you can do that, you have unconditional love. If you only love the good, you have conditional love and it will fail. But if you have unconditional love, then you will never lose.

So true love accepts all as they are regardless of whether or not they are "good" or "bad".

I encountered a demon and realized that it was a test of my faith in love. It tortured me until I came to love it. Now I am free. Now I am much greater and secure in love than I have ever been. Now I am at peace from suffering.

Peace is freedom is love.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join