It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is "unconditional" love or happiness possible if ever-change and duality is true?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritWolfPup
reply to post by arpgme

the same way you fell like your flying or levatating in a dream when you cant here if you concider this place real . all just a trick that is created by illusions how can it be part of you if it doesnt exsist
ps if you woke up you wouldnt hate just love
edit on 22-2-2012 by SpiritWolfPup because: (no reason given)

I know, you wouldn't have if you were awake and everything was love. I guess I'm just asking out of curiosity. The people that ARE awake, to the reality (unconditional love), can they see people in the midst of their own illusions and clearly see that if they just step into love all of that would instantly fade away?

Also, what exactly is "love"? So many people have different ideas, if it is compassion, why must we kill in order to survive? Are animals under the illusion too? How so? They are born and they are not taught any religion or anything so they should be able to see the reality, yet they also kill for some reason to survive.

If all is love, shouldn't the system of nature reflect that by allowing us to live in love without inflicting pain and suffering to ANY beings are all even plants (fruits/vegetables)?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

yes the awakened ones can see our confusion aka hate, greed, negitivity. they know we have to learn in our own time and way. my friend its all the illusion we think we need to eat, drink, breath period because we believe if we dont we will die but those who know the truth have to do none of those things.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
impossible, unfortunately truth became a lie from since truth is objective reason separate from right reasons

subjective truth is only through absolute freedom justifications which is true right to b free

while objective truth had become only about relative reasons, so any profitable mean to use reality as none for existence fact

when truth is dual then basta all and any is never

that is why we can witness as conscious that freedom is absolutely killed

if freedom do not exist at all then existence is evil force

could existence stop existing? of course not

from up powers as always are protecting positive stands from down as always survival protect themselves

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

If a person dies then there is no awareness - unless you believe in Spirit, but if everything is based on "awareness" then there is no purpose to life, if everything is based on some type of state of being that is unconditional - then it has a purpose - we go out of that state of being and we can choose to go back in it and stay there without conditions if we so choose to do so. If awareness if the unconditional thing, there is no purpose to life, we are just awareness that is aware of change happening and under the illusion of being in physical bodies, and when we die under the illusion of being spirit, because we are just awareness, aware of whatever happens to be there for us to be aware about.
reply to post by arpgme

If a person dies there is no awareness? Hmmm....

So since Whitney Houston just died, you are no longer aware of anything? The "person" is simply a construct of awareness, not the other way around. You are still trapped in duality, leave it! People die every second, yet awareness remains. "People", "things", "ideas/thoughts" are all constructs of awareness, thus they are conditioned phenomenon and are subject to the laws of impermanence. What is giving rise to these "people", "things", "ideas"? What is giving rise to this "mind" that you have identified yourself with?

No need for talk about a "spirit". That again is merely a construct of the mind, which is a construct of awareness. You must go beyond the conditioned to find the unconditioned. Be fearless and delve deep into this, freedom awaits!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

hmmm i believe in spirit that all our souls will go back to spirit then to god

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

hmmm i believe in spirit that all our souls will go back to spirit then to god

when u already leave urself then of course u would believe going to the maximum that eat u

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
How can you believe that you can be "loving" or "Happy" in any situation if duality exists and things are always changing?

Some people say, duality is really two parts working together as one WHOLE so it is all ONE. Ok, so love AND hate are a part of that oneness and things are always changing so how can you stay in one state of being (love, happy, peace) etc?
edit on 21-2-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

What does unconditional mean? Without condition. Dualiy's existence or non existence is a condition.

The answer is, if you believe in love having the ability to be unconditional, it can exist regardless.
edit on 22-2-2012 by broahes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

yes the awakened ones can see our confusion aka hate, greed, negitivity. they know we have to learn in our own time and way. my friend its all the illusion we think we need to eat, drink, breath period because we believe if we dont we will die but those who know the truth have to do none of those things.

I wonder why do animals believe this though? They weren't programmed with beliefs like humans. They weren't told that they have to eat in order to survive from anyone.

Only humans are taught that these things are "needed"
edit on 22-2-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

sorry can you rephrase that

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

two options they know there is no death so they keep the earth in balance for us by changing their energy (dieing) or they are souless and are illusions to.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

two options they know there is no death so they keep the earth in balance for us by changing their energy (dieing) or they are souless and are illusions to.

But why must the dying be so painful? I do know that you can die instantly and also in your sleep but unfortunately most deaths do not happen like that.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I can be happy, or loving, in any situation because that is the nature of things. Just because hate and sorrow exist does not mean suddenly love and happiness do not. All things are in constant motion, cycling end-over-end eternally.

If a situation makes me happy, gives me some kind of contentment and rise, then I am surely experiencing happiness. If that situation sours, and suddenly is not as pleasant or pleasurable, it does not mean that I was not genuinely comfortable with it before that moment. It only means that now the situation is uncomfortable and disconcerting. If I wait long enough, take the appropriate steps, and steer the situation properly, I can guide it through that momentary state of dis-ease and bring it back into the realm of happiness.

Love works much the same way. I can be in-love with someone, experience a world of memorable events and experiences while loving this person, and then find the relationship, friendship, or partnership has taken a turn for the worst. I may come to the conclusion that it is best to separate and go our own ways. However, like with happiness, just because something comes to an end, it does not mean the experiences is illusory or no longer important.

When moving through life the destination is what we most often measure ourselves against, but it is of equal importance to take the journey into account. If the journey is filled with love, and laughter, and happiness, and growth, and fun then what does it matter if it ended in unhappiness and separation? You still had fun, and it was real when you experienced it.

If duality does anything, it reinforces that importance of all of the emotional spectrum. Love and happiness, hate and sorrow, pleasure and pain: everything in pairs. Live is made more rich by this dichotomy.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

karma or if you get hit by a car your brain says this hurts and you believe your brain. If you know there is no pain you will not feel it.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

unconditionnal hate that is what u will get forever, u have satan and now gods are enjoying it they will find their ways in absolute hate since it is the only way left to safe their living interests of powerful freedom

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

we will all go back to love we just have to learn perfect forgivness of ourself and others. hate is an illusion part of the ego the ego is satan. the ego doesnt exsist.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SpiritWolfPup

Quick question... if the ego doesn't exist, how does it hold so much sway over our emotions and actions? Only existent things can have a measurable reaction. Clearly hate is measurable, demonstrated by all kinds of people, even the Christian God. So, I don't quite get how you think hate is an aspect of the ego, and the ego does not exist.

Could you explain?

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
reply to post by arpgme

If duality does anything, it reinforces that importance of all of the emotional spectrum. Love and happiness, hate and sorrow, pleasure and pain: everything in pairs. Live is made more rich by this dichotomy.

~ Wandering Scribe

So it seems like you are saying unconditional love doesn't exist but we can still choose to come back to love if we become hateful, but if this is the case then the love is not conditional.

reply to post by arpgme

karma or if you get hit by a car your brain says this hurts and you believe your brain. If you know there is no pain you will not feel it.

But I'm talking about animals, not humans that were brought up to learn that we "need" food, or that pain "hurts". Animals are not brought up with these belief systems, so shouldn't they be more open to experiencing the true reality?

Originally posted by absolutely
reply to post by arpgme

unconditionnal hate that is what u will get forever, u have satan and now gods are enjoying it they will find their ways in absolute hate since it is the only way left to safe their living interests of powerful freedom

There is satan and many gods? What religion are you? Why would the gods enjoy hating someone forever just because they are asking questions to understand the reality that they live in? Wasn't it YOU that was saying that there is only ONE reality and that it is objective not subject, and that truth is important? So why would the gods be anger for asking questions to learn more about truth? And how is this a threat to freedom?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

maybe to teach us forgivness if they let themselves feel pain and forgive at the last moment then its worth dieing for or self sacrifice which also teaches us to go through pain so our brothers may live

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

because i believe everything but god and love is a dream/illusion and if you believe you can do it in a dream ex. hate you can but its not real you cant hate what doesnt exsist i cant hate anyone because i believe their spirits are me just in a diffrent dream body i cant hate myself because i am love so it is an illusion cant hate what isnt there and in dreams you can believe your messuring something and in the dream it makes sence

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

For something to be unconditional it requires just that: no cause, no reward, no stimuli. I do believe that unconditional love does exist. I do things out of love and kindness all the time, without any concern for whether they are known, repaid, appreciated, or acknowledged. I just do them.

Knowing there is hate in the world does not make my spontaneous, unmotivated, unconditional actions of love any less valid and real. I am sure there are unconditional moments of hate as well.

~ Wandering Scribe

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join