Is "unconditional" love or happiness possible if ever-change and duality is true?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
How can you believe that you can be "loving" or "Happy" in any situation if duality exists and things are always changing?

Some people say, duality is really two parts working together as one WHOLE so it is all ONE. Ok, so love AND hate are a part of that oneness and things are always changing so how can you stay in one state of being (love, happy, peace) etc?
edit on 21-2-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
How can you believe that you can be "loving" or "Happy" in any situation if duality exists and things are always changing?

Some people say, duality is really two parts working together as one WHOLE so it is all ONE. Ok, so love AND hate are a part of that oneness and things are always changing so how can you stay in one state of being (love, happy, peace) etc?
edit on 21-2-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

years of sitting in silence gives you an ability to choose what emotions you want to go into. If hate or something arises you don't go there. It's that simple. Angering and hate are a suffering, and no one can make you angry but yourself. you can bring an end to all your suffering it you have the awareness to see that you must choose to suffer

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

Can you clarify what you mean by once hate arises you don't go there? Go where? Once you are feelingit... you are already feeling it. If it arises and you have no control and it's the opposite of the emotion you want to stay in "unconditional love" , then it's not really unconditional. Even if go back to a loving state, because you didn't have the power to hold it.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Its a deep question. I believe that the 'happiness' or 'sadness' we feel is a reflection of our own expectiation. We have the past inside us, with its hurts and joys, and we project our expectations into the world without really knowing what is best. This expectation is the energy that pulls us back and forth in duality, so true happiness is derived from complete attention, an attention not affected by desires or aversions/fears.

I believe that the whole of 'my' being, all of what makes me an individual,a person, is this collection of memories, of experiences. Without the experiences, there is no me, at least not in convetional sense of 'this is me' 'that is you'. So to make 'me' completely, unconditionally happy, is an impossibilty, as long as there is 'me' there is conditioning, which is dualism, which leads to subjective happyness based in sadness, and sadness as a reflection of happyness.

So this leads me briefly state, that I believe all relgious practices, whether eastern or western, are at their core teaching the destruction of the idea of 'seperate self' (Ego). There in lies the source of true joy, whatever one might call it, soul, or self, atman, god.....
edit on 21-2-2012 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

I agree, expectation can lead to unhappiness if it doesn't go as planned. Without goals and desires we can't do anything...For example It is the desire to keep living that we eat, drink, breathe, and move.

However, if you live without expectation and if you come up with belief systems that makes you happy and actually believe them, and if you fantasize about whatever makes you happy, it may work, but that is a bit like shielding yourself from reality...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
You have to ascend to the 5th dimensional vibrational frequency

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
In answer to your EXACT question:

No!

The PROBLEM is your question, it IS wrong! Ask the wrong question, get the wrong answer!!!!

There is NO Duality! There is ONLY Trinality!!!!

NO 2!

ALWAYS THREE!

No Right! No Wrong! NEUTRAL is the ONLY way to achieve Unconditional Love!

Ribbit

edit on 21-2-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The answer is quite simple, use your free will in the path that you wish to take in life and choose to do it.
Free will is a gift, it's up to you what state of being you wish live everyday.

And for the Love/Hate opposites thing, the answer is balance of the universe. So as long as you Love, Hate is always nearby, you choose to Hate and you choose not to Hate. Again, it's always up to you.
What do you choose?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by biggmoneyme

Can you clarify what you mean by once hate arises you don't go there? Go where? Once you are feelingit... you are already feeling it. If it arises and you have no control and it's the opposite of the emotion you want to stay in "unconditional love" , then it's not really unconditional. Even if go back to a loving state, because you didn't have the power to hold it.

unconditional love means your love isn't bound by any set of prerequisites.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NoLoveInFear46and2

Can one actually trust 'themself'. Ultimately something I want may not be what another wants, and vise-versa sounds flawwed. Where must we look to know what is the right action, that brings harmony to the whole of existence?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

easy duality is an illusion if you believe the illusion is real then you "create" duality (Illusion being this universe all dimentions and/or the belief you are seperated from god) if you know (in this case know and believe same thing you must believe so much you surpass it and it becomes known to you) you are one with god and you know you never seperated from him then you have unconditional/perfect love.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Again my friend, let us simplify the questions. Can the conditioned be unconditional? Is the answer not in the question? Nothing unconditional can be found in duality, duality by definition entails two conditions that are linked to each other. Lets forget about this word "duality" for a moment.

You say you want to find that which is unconditioned, and so you search in that which is conditioned. You search the conditioned material world that you can sense with your five senses. You search the conditioned mental world of your thoughts and ideas and beliefs. Yet still, the unconditioned is no where to be found. Everything that you are aware of is impermanent and constantly changing.

But what about awareness itself? Can raw awareness ever be conditioned?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritWolfPup
reply to post by el1jah

easy duality is an illusion if you believe the illusion is real then you "create" duality (Illusion being this universe all dimentions and/or the belief you are seperated from god) if you know (in this case know and believe same thing you must believe so much you surpass it and it becomes known to you) you are one with god and you know you never seperated from him then you have unconditional/perfect love.

I agree - I dont know what else to say, duality is an image superimposed on the core, I think the process of 'unbelieving' is what leads to the true space, the space where the created images are neutralized. In that same neutral space/true space/unconditioned space the idea of self is no longer attatched to 'you' so you are me, are god, etc.

To the OP I think as humans our goal is to 'know that which, by knowing it, all things become known' meaning we seek knowledge, which leads to a neutralizing of our preconceptions, thus abolishing the created knowlege that leads to the illusion of dualism, and ultimately suffering. This is not the only means of getting there mind you.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Yes, it's possible, if we forget the illusion of duality, stop asking ABOUT it (unconditional love)

and just accept it, and BE it. Nothing else is possible, so why try the impossible.

edit on 21-2-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
we are all made from the same thing every rock, chair, plant, and animal so on the grand scale of things there is just you remeber the saying be the change you want to see in the world BE unconditional love man...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I look at duality as a circle with a line drawn through it, there are two halves but there really isn't two....its just a separation within the same object. IMO if one is at peace with the division within the greater circle then one only views the greater circle instead of the division within.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
You have to ascend to the 5th dimensional vibrational frequency

I meant, is it possible to do so in this dimension where we love on this planet Earth...

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

No Right! No Wrong! NEUTRAL is the ONLY way to achieve Unconditional Love!

How is love neutral? I thought it was positive and hate was

Originally posted by NoLoveInFear46and2
The answer is quite simple, use your free will in the path that you wish to take in life and choose to do it.
Free will is a gift, it's up to you what state of being you wish live everyday.

And for the Love/Hate opposites thing, the answer is balance of the universe. So as long as you Love, Hate is always nearby, you choose to Hate and you choose not to Hate. Again, it's always up to you.
What do you choose?

So, you're saying that it's possible to just choose to live in love and to never experience any other emotion again, if that is what you want? The hate and the anger will never naturally pop up again, because if so that is not free will to choose your own state of being...

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

unconditional love means your love isn't bound by any set of prerequisites.

No, unconditional love is love without conditions - that's why it's called UNconditional, so you choose be able to love and never experience any other emotion again if that's what you choose because it has no conditions...

but I'm not sure this is possible.. I wonder did anyone else do this , choose to live in love and never have any feeling of anything else but love ever come up again...

reply to post by el1jah

Obviously, it's not an illusion if it's "created". Even if you believe that God is love and everyone is one with him, people will still be doing hateful things...

And if God is love and everyone is one with him, how is it possible to hate? That would mean that God is hate too if we are a part of him, right?

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
Again my friend, let us simplify the questions. Can the conditioned be unconditional? Is the answer not in the question? Nothing unconditional can be found in duality, duality by definition entails two conditions that are linked to each other. Lets forget about this word "duality" for a moment.

You say you want to find that which is unconditioned, and so you search in that which is conditioned. You search the conditioned material world that you can sense with your five senses. You search the conditioned mental world of your thoughts and ideas and beliefs. Yet still, the unconditioned is no where to be found. Everything that you are aware of is impermanent and constantly changing.

But what about awareness itself? Can raw awareness ever be conditioned?

If a person dies then there is no awareness - unless you believe in Spirit, but if everything is based on "awareness" then there is no purpose to life, if everything is based on some type of state of being that is unconditional - then it has a purpose - we go out of that state of being and we can choose to go back in it and stay there without conditions if we so choose to do so.

If awareness if the unconditional thing, there is no purpose to life, we are just awareness that is aware of change happening and under the illusion of being in physical bodies, and when we die under the illusion of being spirit, because we are just awareness, aware of whatever happens to be there for us to be aware about.

Originally posted by baalbuster
I look at duality as a circle with a line drawn through it, there are two halves but there really isn't two....its just a separation within the same object. IMO if one is at peace with the division within the greater circle then one only views the greater circle instead of the division within.

So, the purpose would be to find peace with the duality so that you can go with its nature because whether or not you make peace with it you WILL have to go through it..

But this is kind of unfortunate because it would mean that the people unaware of this knowledge are destined to just get beat up by life since they don't know about the duality and how to make peace with it and see it as a unity...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
your mind creates dreams they are illusions people create magic tricks they are illusions to my statement stands. this place is a dream when you kill in a dream is it wrong no its a dream. dreams can feel very real.
edit on 22-2-2012 by SpiritWolfPup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

your mind creates dreams they are illusions people create magic tricks they are illusions to my statement stands. this place is a dream when you kill in a dream is it wrong no its a dream. dreams can feel very real.

Yes, but if one is awoken to the truth that all is with God and if God is unconditional love, how is it even possible that someone can hate? The hate would have to be an illusion too as well as the duality..., but how is hate an illusion if we actually feel hate and can see it in other people? And how can we be a part of God if we harbor hate and yet God is unconditional love? Would that mean that he isn't 100% love if we are a part of him and we hate?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

the same way you fell like your flying or levatating in a dream when you cant here if you concider this place real . all just a trick that is created by illusions how can it be part of you if it doesnt exsist
ps if you woke up you wouldnt hate just love

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join