It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman with baby in El Paso hit by stray bullet from Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

EL PASO, Texas (Reuters) - A woman pushing her child in a stroller in downtown El Paso, Texas, was struck by an assault rifle bullet fired from across the border in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, on Tuesday, mayor John Cook said.

Apparently, there was a carjacking in Juarez at the same time, and a gunfight broke out between the police and the carjackers. The article says the bullet came from an "assault rifle", but dosent give the exact model.

The bullet went through the womans calf, and she and her child are fine now. (the child was not injured.)

The mayor says that the incident problably wasnt "cartel related", but Im not too sure. Juarez is full of cartel activity. The cartels dont just taffic drugs, they do a bunch of crime.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
It happens, not to long ago a bullet hit UTEP (College) and broke a window or glass door. (my boy goes there and It bugs me to think about it) Bullets have hit down town El Paso before. Nothing new here.. poor lady though..Every single time I have to drive near J-Town on the I-10 I alway think of how easy it would be for anyone over there to just pick off cars driving by..they could hold the I-10 hostage.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Always great to hear news from my home town, seems things never change.
I think a bullet also went through the walls of El Paso City Hall not too long ago.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I used to live in El Paso at a time when Juarez was not too bad. Used to go there a lot. Nice people. Now? Forget it. Very sad.

For the life of me I cannot comprehend why we send military effort all over the globe but a genuine threat to American lives and welfare smack dab on out border solicits almost nada. Amazing.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

Careful.
You might be called an insensitive racist for even suggesting we send in troops to protect our borders from the MessKins.

Btw, I can get away with saying MessKin because I'm Hispanic.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
reply to post by ABNARTY

Careful.
You might be called an insensitive racist for even suggesting we send in troops to protect our borders from the MessKins.

Btw, I can get away with saying MessKin because I'm Hispanic.

That would be great if they could deploy a bullet intercepting patiriot missile system. A little far fetched, would you agree? Why is my hometown in the news so much? We really have a low crime rate. Mexicans are here, they come in legally and illegally and they don't effect you as much as you think. The fence was a waste of money. More people have been hit by bullets fired in the air for celebration than from stray gunfight bullets.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Ahhhh...low hanging fruit

I guess it is safe to assume a percentage of the narcos in Mexico are Mexican citizens. If you target those specific individuals you would be indeed targeting POS who are Mexican by definition. Indeed there are those on whom this distinction would be lost.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I love this:

A bullet -- a type used in assault weapons such as M16s -- penetrated and exited the woman's calf, he said.

So a 5.56/.223 then?

The kind used in rifles like these:Weatherby Vanguard, Savage Model 10, Ruger Predator.

But those arent evil enough or black enough.

Granted, the reality is it probbaly was some AR15 type rifle but still, the media shouldnt go around putting ideas in peoples heads or assuming things in print.

I wonder if that rifle came from Fast and Furious?
edit on 22-2-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

For the life of me I cannot comprehend why we send military effort all over the globe but a genuine threat to American lives and welfare smack dab on out border solicits almost nada. Amazing.

they are not a threat. that is why the us government armed them to the teeth....

new topics

top topics

join