So,I have my daughters phone now,the fun begins

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I called the phone number and talked to his mom..
I got the phone # by searching the cell phone and his name.
Did a little sleuthing.
She confirmed it,and I call my local police on advice on what to to.
I gave them the info,they told me to save the messages and that they would have a detective contact me.
Anyways,that's what I'm doing now.
Kind of freak me out a lot,because I thought it was just this boy on her bus.his name is gerrome also,but spelled different.
This just happened within the last couple of hours.
He was like,what's up.....
The broken heart symbol can't do it here,
Why haven't you text me. So and so on.

Kind of in shock right now.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Yep, I said almost exactly the same thing to my kids, when I would discover their plans, and spell out to them how their evening went without them saying a word. One of them actually said to me "You're not supposed to be this smart! You're a parent!" To which I replied, "I know what you are doing, because you are heading right into where I have already been." If you foresee trouble, nip it right then. But, really, pretending to be her, and texting back was a bit over the top. Wait"ll she starts driving!!

I would have scanned her texts, in front of her, checking for pics like the one described above, tho. Same goes for her computer. But, we all parent differently. Makes the world go round, interesting place.
edit on 22-2-2012 by jdb51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by boncho

I called the phone number and talked to his mom..
I got the phone # by searching the cell phone and his name.
Did a little sleuthing.
She confirmed it,and I call my local police on advice on what to to.
I gave them the info,they told me to save the messages and that they would have a detective contact me.
Anyways,that's what I'm doing now.
Kind of freak me out a lot,because I thought it was just this boy on her bus.his name is gerrome also,but spelled different.
This just happened within the last couple of hours.
He was like,what's up.....
The broken heart symbol can't do it here,
Why haven't you text me. So and so on.

Kind of in shock right now.

Ive not been able to do a reverse look up on a cell unless I pay for intelius data.. how'd you manage that? Id love to know because I might use it if it cost less than an intelius report!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jdb51

Yep...but then emotions do come into play.

We have all made bad decisions based upon the emotional moment. But sometimes there are good decisions made as well.

I wish KDog luck. He still has five years to go.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

So it was a 30 year old Cuban that lives with his mother?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

So it was a 30 year old Cuban that lives with his mother?

Yes this Cuban man named Gerrome was texting from a phone that he and his mother share

Lol I never thought when this thread was started that it would end up getting moved to the Hoax Bin
edit on 22-2-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
You can do reverse lookup with white pages..... Basic info for free...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I think you hit the nail on the head with the naysayers KD.. most will be 30 or under, so raised in the period of parental disempowerment where Kids had all the rights and parents had none, and the kids loved it that way.

Those who don't have kids of their own have NO idea.

Those who have Malleable kids also have NO idea.

Stand Ya Ground mate... your daughter will Love you all the more in the long term for not being a wishy-washy, trying to be their best friend type of USELESS parent... as I see so many young parents are these days.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheSep
You can do reverse lookup with white pages..... Basic info for free...

Not on a cell you cant.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

I think you hit the nail on the head with the naysayers KD.. most will be 30 or under, so raised in the period of parental disempowerment where Kids had all the rights and parents had none, and the kids loved it that way.

Those who don't have kids of their own have NO idea.

Those who have Malleable kids also have NO idea.

Stand Ya Ground mate... your daughter will Love you all the more in the long term for not being a wishy-washy, trying to be their best friend type of USELESS parent... as I see so many young parents are these days.

I helped raise an ex's daughter. We weren't her best friend but we were close. Never had to worry about some of the things people claim they do because we were too busy being active in her life and her friends lives. Made sure that she was involved in a lot of social activities and that her friends were welcome to spend time at our house anytime they wanted.

Organized events for them, get-togethers, parties, etc.

The kid was well adjusted, never had many issues besides a tantrum here or there. And because of the close unit with friends and family, she never wanted to talk to anyone unless they were vetted by either friends or family. Had a bit of a complex actually, I'm sure a lot of people her age thought she was a snob.

In any case, everyone has their own ideas on parenting, and most people don't know the effects they had on their children until they are grown and independent.

To each their own.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by sonnny1

He pays the bills,and I see nothing wrong with it actually.

Well, you've already confessed to doing the same thing he does – spying on the conversations of teenagers. Only in your case it was teenage girls, wasn't it?

:shk:

I really don't think someone who spies on the text messages of teenage girls who are NOT his daughter has the moral authority to defend someone who stalks teenage boys.

edit on 22/2/12 by Astyanax because: of getting definitions straight.

Bet you these parents wished they checked their kids backpacks,journals and cell phones.......

Or how about this one?

So when is looking at my kids iPhone,and checking through their text messages, a sin?

Slowly for you.......

I WILL DO WHAT I WANT,WHEN I WANT,TO MY KIDS PHONE. Period.

My oldest doesn't even have Facebook. Why? Because I said so. Doesn't that rile your panties in a bunch?

Honor roll? Yep
Great kid? Yep
Honest? Yep
Makes mistakes? Yep
Gullible? Yep
A child? Yep

I never chatted with my daughters friends, (some lines I wont cross) but I will check,because I CAN.

When your kid is in some seedy motel with a 53 year old,don't say I didn't warn you.
edit on 22-2-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I used spokeo,paid 2.95 for a month.
That is how I found it,went from there jeez.
Couldn'nt find the number at first til I dug through the contact list with all the code crap.
ha ha ,dad is a little smarter than that.
Good thing.
It was his cell phone but found his residence and land line phone number.s

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I'm on the iPad and out of town doing the best I can with the limited resources I have and how I have used it is beyond belief.
But U2 u is screwed.

All I have to say is motha f$$kers.
It ain,t over.

Thanks sonny1

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by sonnny1

I'm on the iPad and out of town doing the best I can with the limited resources I have and how I have used it is beyond belief.
But U2 u is screwed.

All I have to say is motha f$$kers.
It ain,t over.

Thanks sonny1

I hear ya.....

Stay true.........

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
kdog,I think what your doing with your daughters phone is the right thing to do as a protective carrying parent ..After all she is only 13 years old and parents should know what there kids are up to ..My parents took things away from me as a kid for lack of respect and i didn't grow up hateing them infact i respect them for what they did it showed they cared ..Setting rules and limits is a parents duty keep up the good work
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

I helped raise an ex's daughter. We weren't her best friend but we were close. Never had to worry about some of the things people claim they do because we were too busy being active in her life and her friends lives. Made sure that she was involved in a lot of social activities and that her friends were welcome to spend time at our house anytime they wanted.

Organized events for them, get-togethers, parties, etc.

The kid was well adjusted, never had many issues besides a tantrum here or there. And because of the close unit with friends and family, she never wanted to talk to anyone unless they were vetted by either friends or family. Had a bit of a complex actually, I'm sure a lot of people her age thought she was a snob.

In any case, everyone has their own ideas on parenting, and most people don't know the effects they had on their children until they are grown and independent.

To each their own.

Thanks Boncho for the reply, much appreciated.

But, it sounds like you helped raise a Malleable Child, the type who will work within guidelines, who will participate in family activities, who will accept Rules and Restrictions.. and while not perfect angels they are nothing like a Ruthless Child.

The difference between the two is opposite ends of the spectrum.

I know families who have one of each type, and who struggle to comprehend why one is lovely to raise and other makes their life hell... once I explain the two types then they can start to understand it is NOT their Fault.. is no one's really.

A child's character is in place from around age 5, and while we can beat our heads against the wall trying to assist them in their growth, they will be who they want to be no matter what you DO or Say.

In most cases I see the Primary Care Giver is the one who cops most of the negativity from their kids as they grow up. So, many partners only rarely see the negative behaviours until the hellish Teen years with insane peer pressure starts to make life harder.

You were very fortunate Boncho to have had the experience you did.. be thankful the child was not a ruthless one.

Not saying they are bad kids.. just the behaviours stink.. as we can see on a lot of You Tube videos and as we walk around our streets these days.

But, these ruthless kids force you to dig even deeper than you thought you could to find the means to deal with their ruthless behaviours and manipulations.. particularly with girls these days. And while they do wear you down, do make your life a hellish experience, do wreck any sleep patterns for years, in the end of the child-raising years.. if you all survived it.. you would not change one thing about it.

As kids become young adults things start to change.. and after 30 when they begin to Mature things continue to change. By 40 one would be fairly matured and many would have already thanked their "hard" parents for what they did to keep the kids on track.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Good thread.
My daughter cornered me this morning before school about getting a facebook because EVERYONE'S GOT ONE, except her. My mind is made up - NO, but reading through the messages here just put a stamp on that.
She has a phone though, and I can't even switch one on (how backward is that?) so I think I'll have to learn how to work one of those things. I'll be like a spy, GREAT FUN!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
YOUR KID! End of story do what you think is best. Never mind what other people think.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Pretty childish considering you are the parent here.

I know i'm young, and you probably won't givemy opinion much thought. But, playing on her phone, talking to her friends?

That seems a bit crazy to me.

I know if my parents would've done that a couple years ago i would've looked at them like they had a serious issue. Really not normal in my eyes.

BUT, you for sure have every right to do what you think you should to protect your daughter, and or discipline her. I know i wish my parents would've been a tad bit more hard on me as a teenager. Not that i blame them.

But yea, i dunno, i would just stay away from causing her more problems, like texting with her friends. That'll only cause her social anxiety, stress. But yea, i mean if you enjoy what you're doing.. then go right ahead.
edit on 22-2-2012 by dannotz because: add

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
If its based on your love for your daughter and protecting her while she grows in the world, hey its just common sense.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join