It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So,I have my daughters phone now,the fun begins

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

Originally posted by sonnny1
I understand why you dont have children

is both personal and deeply offensive. How do you know I cannot have children for medical reasons, or due to some other tragic constraint you know nothing about?

To all three of you, and anyone else who fancies the bonsai school of parenting – snip here, lop there, twist and stunt over on the other side – I say: come back when your children are grown and tell me what fantastic parents you all were. If you still dare. If you still can.

I am supposed to feel sorry for you because you might have a condition,as you use words like:

Pathetic and Disgusting?

because you believe that I am??

You made it personal,and then want me to turn the other cheek?

Belittling my parenting skills,and calling out ANYONE who doesn't agree with you,Bad Parents??

RESPECT begets RESPECT.

If you have a condition say so,if not, quit using it as a sympathy card .

Lumping EVERYONE into some group,you can easily Judge ,with out knowing anything about us?

My children,with Gods help,and mine,will grow up with the principles,and morals they are raised with. I suggest you reread what I wrote to you,because I really think I proved my point,and I don't feel showing you out to be a fool,once again. My "correspondence" with you is over. Have a great day,and good luck with your life. You may have the last word,if you like,but I will not respond to someone who doesn't understand children,because you obviously dont have any,and cannot understand what it takes to raise a child in 2012.

edit on 25-2-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by kdog1982

That's fine. But I hope you reflect on this as a dad more than anything. Like I said before, the fact that your daughter is comfortable talking to people she doesn't know at all is little upsetting. If there is something you can do to help her relationships with her friends, or increase the number of trusted people she has around her, I think that is something you should be looking at.

A lot of it will include headaches, like having a bunch of crazy kids running around your house annoying the crap out of you. But better them be around then off where you don't know. Better to be the family that all her friends know are welcoming so they aren't avoiding you like the plague.

And furthermore, as I mentioned before this whole phone situation was unneeded. Her internet use caused this whole issue. I don't even think she should lose the phone given the circumstances, but perhaps she needs a new number. As far as boys her age, again I go back to encouraging her to develop closer friendships with girls her own age. In a group mentality, girls have this great ability to nitpick, sluff off and berate boys their own age.

I think this should be a wake up call for you more than anything. There will always be weird people out there, it's up to us to develop patterns of behavior so we don't have to interact with them, or the very thought of it is distasteful.

Best of luck with your family.

What a great post.

More of this,and less belittling of parents,is what this thread needs.....

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdRock69

What a sick, perverted mind you possess.

I see you still haven't grasped the difference between criticism of an action and personal insult.

A father instinct to protect their child is NOT based on jealousy. I can't believe you actually think that applies to most fathers. You obviously have some serious issues. I don't even know what else to say or react to your statement. I'm shocked.

Read a little evolutionary biology. Discover why sibling incest taboos show strong evidence of being instinctive, while father-daughter incest is the commonest kind among humans and other social primates. The information is out there; step out of your conservative Pollyanna world and get yourself an education.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Just disgusting,isnt it?

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

reply to post by ThirdRock69

What a sick, perverted mind you possess.

I see you still haven't grasped the difference between criticism of an action and personal insult.

A father instinct to protect their child is NOT based on jealousy. I can't believe you actually think that applies to most fathers. You obviously have some serious issues. I don't even know what else to say or react to your statement. I'm shocked.

Read a little evolutionary biology. Discover why sibling incest taboos show strong evidence of being instinctive, while father-daughter incest is the commonest kind among humans and other social primates. The information is out there; step out of your conservative Pollyanna world and get yourself an education.

Posted by...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Excuse me,WTF does this have to do with my original post?

Start your own thread on that please.

Twisting my actions into some perverted incest???????

I am sorry to say,but you need to move along.
edit on 25-2-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I don't want to encourage this troll any more.

I think it's time I move along as well.

He can have the last word. I'm with Sonny on this one.

I have no need or desire to continue a conversation with someone like that.

Keep up the good work Kdog. I support your decision and I think you did the right thing.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdRock69

I don't want to encourage this troll any more.

I think it's time I move along as well.

He can have the last word. I'm with Sonny on this one.

I have no need or desire to continue a conversation with someone like that.

Keep up the good work Kdog. I support your decision and I think you did the right thing.

I'm with you.
My fight is over.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by 1littlewolf

Star for you.

Throughout this whole thread,you have made good points,that have made me think. Not that I may do things differently,but being more mindful of my daughters emotions. Kudos to you for that. I have a harder task then most parents. I am a single father,raising ALL my children without support from moms.My children are on the honor roll,and to keep them their I have to be extra diligent.

BTW,thank you for not insulting me,because Im a parent...

I wish my Avatar could change,by itself....I have many,I rotate,as my mood dictates.....

Cheers friend, I think this thread has made everyone with kids (including myself) have a double take and possibly get a little bit more carried away than they normally would have. I usually have issues with people who take the most extreme example possible in order to justify something which is probably why I kept pushing my point as these are the same methods politicians and the like use to justify many of their attempts to chip away at our rights (think pedophiles and internet privacy).

As I had kids kinda young compared to many guys, and guess I am a little less domineering compared to many dads and probably act in a way more similar to a protective older brother than a ' traditional' dad, (not saying in any way however that my kids don't know their limits).Even though throughout this whole thread I've referred to my 'parents', what I should have probably have said is just my mom as my dad ran out on me when I was 2. In the absence of any male authority figures I've kinda just been making this whole dad thing up as I went along and used what works from when I used to take care of my younger brothers for mom. All my respect to you for being a single dad. I can well imagine how how hard that would be.

I should probably change my avatar more as people often thin I'm being much more 'know-it-all' than I actually mean cos of it, but it took me so long to work out how to upload it properly that I just can't be effed. Plus now I'm instantly recognizable as 'that idiot'

All the best to you and the family

edit on 25/2/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Closed pending staff review

<< 12  13  14   >>

join