It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Debt More Than All Other Presidents COMBINED !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Dear American Citizens. Please, EACH Pay the following to the rest of the world:

$753,799.oo

Your President, Obama, owes the world $14,200,000,000,000.oo on a loan with $500,000,000.oo daily interest

Thank You
World.

This is what the entire globe would say, were they to call your home tomorrow.

In Brief: WTF - Obama's Debt More Than All Other Presidents COMBINED !
With the Debt Ceiling issue facing Americans, this video takes a look at how Obama's "Winning the Future" is bankrupting our country. Americans can't afford anymore debt - It's simple math

edit on 21-2-2012 by Glargod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

edit on 21-2-2012 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Ohhh...Bama!

He reminds me of the Sheriff from Blazing Saddles!
Watch him whip out his Budget!

Art imitating life?

edit on 21-2-2012 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

Yeah right. I have it in my hand. You know that as soon as Obama took office he included the cost of the war to the Nations debt because prior to that GWB had not. GWB treated people like they were stupid and did not deserve to know how much debt he had actually got us into.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
If people want to talk about treating people stupid is blaming Bush for the 6 trillion Obama has spent

Cbo projection put the national deficit well over 20 trillion dollars by 2016.

The current spending limits are on the current Potus not the last one.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Lmaoooooo. That's just nonsense to believe that debt total is due to one president. I think you know it belongs to He who must not be named. That's right up with there with China owning all the United States debt as well. When you get down to it and really crunch the numbers and see whose signature is on what paper the picture is a little clearer.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrStyx
Lmaoooooo. That's just nonsense to believe that debt total is due to one president. I think you know it belongs to He who must not be named. That's right up with there with China owning all the United States debt as well. When you get down to it and really crunch the numbers and see whose signature is on what paper the picture is a little clearer.

Actually, the debt does not belong to He who must not be named. It belongs to the people(the country) who let the president(s) borrow money (by electing them) on their behalf.

The sum of the people make the country.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
If people want to talk about treating people stupid is blaming Bush for the 6 trillion Obama has spent

Cbo projection put the national deficit well over 20 trillion dollars by 2016.

The current spending limits are on the current Potus not the last one.

I tend to agree. Bush ran 400 billion dollar deficits and people screamed like it was the end of the world, as well they should have. Obama runs 1 TRILLION dollar annual deficits and it's like 'no big deal...it'll work out somehow'.

I'm so happy the OP included the interest adding to the debt load. It was Obama's second year before they even agreed to generously count that into the debt figure as accumulating against principle every year. Compound interest is every investors greatest dream and every debtors ultimate nightmare. There isn't a question which side we're on.....and going deeper every day.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I would exactly say that:
www.politifact.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glargod
Dear American Citizens. Please, EACH Pay the following to the rest of the world:

$753,799.oo

Your President, Obama, owes the world $14,200,000,000,000.oo on a loan with $500,000,000.oo daily interest

Thank You
World.

This is what the entire globe would say, were they to call your home tomorrow.

In Brief: WTF - Obama's Debt More Than All Other Presidents COMBINED !
With the Debt Ceiling issue facing Americans, this video takes a look at how Obama's "Winning the Future" is bankrupting our country. Americans can't afford anymore debt - It's simple math

TextYour President, Obama, owes the world $14,200,000,000,000.oo on a loan with $500,000,000.oo daily interest

lmaf,REALLY!

I think i will just deny 'pure ignorance today'.THE END.

edit on 21-2-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

I disagree. I see it like this. Bush knocked the milk off the table, Obama is there to clean it up. Now you want to cry about him using too many paper towels. Is he spending too much. Yes, probably. However, he wouldn't need to spend at all if the prior administration didn't send us into a nose dive then take the parachute and jump out of the plane.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

Short of giving up your citizenship, I wonder if you can go bankrupt on your share of the debt hehe..

hypothetically speaking, if every citizen of the US went bankrupt against that debt, wouldn't it effectively mean that the country has gone bankrupt and have no debt as a result?

I'm not exactly taking into account the dynamics of bankruptcy, but it's just an idea

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Glargod

I disagree. I see it like this. Bush knocked the milk off the table, Obama is there to clean it up. Now you want to cry about him using too many paper towels. Is he spending too much. Yes, probably. However, he wouldn't need to spend at all if the prior administration didn't send us into a nose dive then take the parachute and jump out of the plane.

Pre Obama, the debt was $9.9 trillion.. during Obama 2 years, it went up to $14.2 trillion that is a difference of $4.3 trillion

it's a lot of paper towel

and PS, I'm not crying, I'm from Canada... I pity the fool...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Obama didn't make this mess. It's a problem with the way our government is structured. The ones who give enough government money for job creation and programs in their voting districts seem to get elected. Much of this money is wasted and this needs to stop. It is not the job of our government to stimulate the economy when it is not really needed. The problem is widespread throughout the country

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The debt clock is a tick'n away !!

Tick Tock ... Tick Tock ... Tick Tock ...

BOOM !!!

WHO got all that dough anyway ??

edit on Feb-21-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glargod
reply to post by LastProphet527

Short of giving up your citizenship, I wonder if you can go bankrupt on your share of the debt hehe..

hypothetically speaking, if every citizen of the US went bankrupt against that debt, wouldn't it effectively mean that the country has gone bankrupt and have no debt as a result?

As a super genius mathematician told me one day. It is no way plausible that a president in the next 5 million years should bring up the debt when trying to get reelected or elected, because it is mathematically impossible to get out the grasp of central banking and the interests rate.

So when I hear about the debt, and all the people that are blamed, its just laughable, and it really is one of the biggest lies in any campaigned, when they tell you that they can fix the debt.

I will respect and vote for a president that will just be straight up and say.

American people…I will not lie, and I will not waste your time on telling you, that under my Presidency the debt will be fixed, I will not even add that in my campaign promises, because it will not, and cannot, ever be fixed. Any questions?

So what are you saying ,the debt can not be fixed?

i honestly dont think the american people want to hear that.

And i honestly dont think that after 345 presidents and 1000 years,that we can keep lying to the people,lmaf ,as if they dont already know !!!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Glargod

I would say that is an apt metaphor. They want to blame him for a problem that has been a problem in this nation since the Reagan Administration while, literally, tying his hands behind his back through Legislative procedural shinanigans and obstinancy.

Raise taxes slightly, like Clinton did? No, can't do that.
End the Bush Tax Cuts? No, can't do that.
Government work projects to get people back to work? No, can't do that.

Conservatives have not been fiscally conservative in 40 years, except in their tax policy, and that is the #1 cause of our debt.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Here is some deniall of ignorance

How many presidents in their first term spent 6 trillion dollars?

Not even the last Potus did.

Answer the great big 0

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Of course Obama didn't create this. This started clear back under F.D.R. as a true nightmare of debt being used as a National Credit Card of some sort.

It goes back a bit further with 1913 and the Fed..but that is a whole different thing. The major problem here is that while Bush was a fool and terrible about economic policy, Obama has taken the problems and run around the block with it...over and over. He seems to compare himself pretty hard to good 'ol F.D.R., and judging by his program ideas as they may be pushed in a lame duck term, he may try them on modern steroids.

It's real hard to look at that graph and not imagine what 4 more years of any President who spends like Obama does and admires FDR's most expensive ideas will look like.

...and of course World War II accounts for a good deal of that, but that is where I think the serious debt attitude started. Obama's made it an art form.

edit on 21-2-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: Minor corrections

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
well..not to play party politics but did you really expect Obama (A democrat) to reduce any spending? It is against their nature to limit spending and government size.

Not like the Republicans would do any better though.

Either way, massive Obama fail.
edit on 21-2-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join