Ron Paul 2nd in total delegates currently?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I just want to apologize to anybody who has been trying to read and participate in this thread but has instead had to read a childish back and forth between me and jjf3rd77. It should have been taken to U2U long ago. I personally hate when I try to read a thread and have to waste time reading all of that crap. Trust me though, the only thing worse than having to read it is having to participate in it.

Any other future bickering that goes past one response I will take directly to the U2U system. It is a real shame but it happens. Sorry again. Sometimes my better judgement can get away from me.

edit on 21-2-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sageofmonticello
I just want to apologize to anybody who has been trying to read and participate in this thread but has instead had to read a childish back and forth between me and jjf3rd77. It should have been taken to U2U long ago. I personally hate when I try to read a thread and have to waste time reading all of that crap. Trust me though, the only thing worse than having to read it is having to participate in it.

Any other future bickering that goes past one response I will take directly to the U2U system. It is a real shame but it happens. Sorry again. Sometimes my better judgement can get away from me.

EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!!
Wow how trollish is this? Acknowledge your own insults please. I think we all can see who was the troll here. And it's not me. But go ahead and spread your false info. But now you are completely ignoring me when I call for truce and peace? I acknowledged my faults will you?

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Are you not acknowledging your own insults? Because then that's really funny and it's no longer worth talking to you. Can we at least agree to stop the pointless bickering and each party accepts their own faults and move on?

I tried to be civil but it's clear you just ignore me or are a troll either one...
edit on 21-2-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

We can get the final delegate counts from caucus states when they have finalized their state conventions. For example, Iowa's state convention takes place in April and is a non-binding caucus state so if Ron Paul really had the organization that the campaign claims they did (and I believe they did) it wouldn't be a surprise if Ron Paul got a large chunk of the delegates but we still won't find out until April. Another example is Florida which is automatic winner-take-all, so when Romney won Florida, he took all 50 delegates, no questions asked...no complaints from me. The media and GOP is trying to push Ron Paul out, that much is a given, so they won't really talk about how well his delegate organization is.

Thanks for clearing that up. I will be anxiously awaiting April.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by avatard
Im not sure if the delegates are official either way msm or daily paul. but trusting msm over daily paul is nuts...

My sentiments exactly...
We know the MSM is lying to us. I guess we will know the truth soon enough though.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
NH, FL, SC, and MI are getting their delegates cut in half as a penalty for holding their primaries early. Also, the speculative percentages of delegates supposedly going to Paul could all also be 0%. Nothing is set in stone yet, but if Paul can't win more than one state on March 6th, he should throw in the towel.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Considering they can't do something as easy as a poll correct, i have trouble believing the delegate system will be much better.

I've thought for a while that the election isn't what it seems, and this year it seems to be making itself known.

I dunno, i don't want to sound like a nutter, but come on people, something obviously is screwy. right?

I read so much and try to get so informed about what's going on in politics, and who i want as my President. But at some point i get frustrated, annoyed at how the system doesn't seem to work fairly.

Between all the media bias, out right lies, and the funny business going on in the polling process, i've just about had it with this election.

I think this is the "sick and tired" people talk about, at what point do we demand more? In ourselves and the systems we support?

-.-

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
2012 Delegate Tracker
Romney 123
Santorum 72
Gingrich 32
Paul 19

2012 Election Central

I'm a ron paul supporter and this is from a non biased, non MSM site. there is no way that Dr Paul could have 82 delegates without having won 1 state yet.

Paul 2012

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by sageofmonticello

Actually, no.

The problem is, without the MSM, how is Paul going to reach a wider audience than the internet demographic that supports him?

Well you hit the nail right on the head there didn't ya ?

The MSM is trying desperately to keep him out of the picture and any positive movement in his favor so indeed , how does he do what he does despite of that !? It is simple really.

The real amount of support for the man is so overwhelming that even with all these huge media companies doing their best to hide his support he still remains a big problem for them. It is unprecedented and it scares them.

(Before anyone tries to downplay the claims that the mass media is doing their best to obscure Ron Paul then i challenge you to view this) :

So if have to choose between believing the TV ^

Or Ron paul ..

I know what i will choose.

edit on 22-2-2012 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

A star for you with this post. You sum up in a few sentences the awakening of many.

We are that generation destined to witness systemic failure. Our government and society have been able, over the years, to absorb and rebound from isolated shocks to the system (war, financial failures, assassination of public figures etc.).

These days things are much different in that we see a breakdown across the whole system. Everything is failing.

My friend, this is what it looks like when a society totally disintegrates. This is the point where the system becomes so broken that repair is nigh impossible and that should scare the hell out of anyone paying attention.

I know that I will catch a lot of "boo's" over what I'm about to say but so be it. I see only one hope to turn things around and that hope rests on the person of Ron Paul. He is the only person that I see or have seen with the potential to bring us all together toward a common goal of radical change (boy, I never thought that I'd live to see the day when the return to ways that worked would be viewed as radical).

I make it sound as though I believe that RP can do no wrong and that I am in total agreement with every idea he has. Not so. In fact, there are many areas where I totally disagree with Dr. Paul. But, I have faith that he has enough of it right to get us back on the right path.

The way I see it we have this one last chance to turn things around and God help us if we miss this last opportunity. These are dark days we live in. The whole world is slipping into darkness. It may appear conceited to say this but I'm of the mind that the USA is the glue that has held the world together for a good many years and that on top of how rotten we've been. I'm afraid that if we go we take the world with us.

I hear Israel continually crabbing about its "right to exist" to which I say BULLSH'T. No nation, including the USA, has an inherent right to exist. We earn our right to exist every day. There is no magical finish line you cross where you can claim a perpetual place at the table. Military might is a piss poor substitute for being morally right.

We've lost our way and RP is our last hope. The weight of the world rests on the shoulders of the next president. I don't know how any man or woman could want the job but thankfully we have one man with the heart and soul to take the job on. I hope America makes the right choice this time around because I don't think there's going to a "next time" unless they do.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

I see him referred as the Thomas Jefferson of our time. He's called the "Peace President" by some. He's often hailed as the "only man that can save this country".

If you'll remember, in 2008, there was similar hype surrounding Obama.

Difference being of course that it was the MSM saying this about Obama in the first place,not the people.
You think that the MSM is saying this right now about Ron paul?
Or the people themselves..

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
NH, FL, SC, and MI are getting their delegates cut in half as a penalty for holding their primaries early. Also, the speculative percentages of delegates supposedly going to Paul could all also be 0%. Nothing is set in stone yet, but if Paul can't win more than one state on March 6th, he should throw in the towel.

I was under the impression that they have already been cut in half, I could be wrong but it would seem silly to report a total delegate count knowing that it was an incorrect number that was only going to be cut in half.

Paul has won states... it just depends if you count a win as having the most votes in a non-binding straw poll or if you count a win by picking up the most delegates in the state. It is clear that the media has put too much emphasis on the straw polls as they have had little bearing on the delegate selection process in most states.

So if Ron Paul has the most delegates on 3/6/12 but doesn't win a non binding straw poll he should quit while he is winning? I am not so sure that makes any sense.
edit on 22-2-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Dr. Ron Paul just might have a shot at this thing.
his strategy is paying off - big time - bye bye romney and the rest.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Rafe_

But don't you think a candidate should rise above ANY hype?

The media was against the idea of Obama winning over Hillary. Hillary was their choice, not the choice of most Democratic voters.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

my understanding is that the delegates are distributed by placement in the beauty contest, any one can stay behind to be a delegate, paul supporter are staying and dedicating their delegate vote to paul. so MSM is going by what it should be, RP campaign is going by how many people they know stayed and became delegates that are just going to vote for paul anyways. bit of a moral and ethical issue to it but if you know the rules to the game play! maddox said in her report that they changed the rules to this to help out romney only problem is they forgot to tell the romney supports what to do after the fact. so paul supporter are staying being elected to be delegates and dedicating to paul, there for pauls campaign can say they have more delegates.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Well Ron Paul already has my vote regardless of whether the corporate money shuts him out or not, I'm not voting plastic this year, not the 'lesser of two evils', I could care less who wins the Big seat if Paul doesn't make it in.

And I think the Libery movement is gonna keep rolling regardless as well, there are just WAY to many people and voices SO tired of the owned staus quo, I think it would be great to form a Liberty Party. Take in all the Dis-enfranchised Repubs that are tired of their sold out leaders and having their voice shut out, and all of the anti-war Dems, and farmers tired of the over reg, 2nd amend. supporters, constitutionalists, and the street level military some of Pauls' biggest supporters, doctors wanting to parctice as they see fit, anti-prohibition advocates of all persuasions and Liberty loving Libertarians that are disenfanchised with their party's lack of success, could be a BIG tent I'm sure I've left alot of folks out.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Just FYI, CNN just conceded that Ron Paul IS second in delegates, meaning he is actually 2nd place in this race even accroding to them. The whole thing is about delegates. So, anyone waiting for confirmation from the MSM there you go. It was post debate and John King conceded after Ron Paul brought it out, so don't look for the media to report it again, they'll keep trying to convince the populous that straw polls tell us who winners are. Anyway, I'm sure it will be on youtube shortly, and if I see it I'll post it. Otherwise I'm sure someone else will.
edit on 22-2-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Ok, here it is. You can listen to the whole post debate interview with Ron Paul or just skip to 3:24 where John King concedes:

Oh Joy can't embedd. (I hate youtube!)

Anyway, here is the link:

www.youtube.com...

edit on 23-2-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CmdrZero

Thank you, and you make me wonder something.

Do you think Mitt, Santorum, Newt, and Paul actually know the gravity of the job they're applying for?

Do you think they comprehend the magnitude of this election and the next decade in human history?

I think the first 3 really don't have a clue, it's all fake to them it seems. Everything is this big game where they just will do and say anything to get in. But once they're in..well..now what? Now what are you going to do? Are you going to fulfill the promises you made during your campaign? Are you at least going to strive towards those goals? Or was that all just a smoke and mirror show to get us looking one way, while you slipped the other way into the Oval Office?

What i'm saying is, i do think you're right about Dr.Paul. I mean, he at least gives us something to strive for. We know with him that it's the truth. I mean, he has so many "radical" ideas that many people don't agree with or want to hear. But does he change what he says to suit their favor? No! He sticks to his guns and has so for 60+ years.

My vote no doubt would go to Paul, simply because i know he isn't lying to my face. I know he'd give all his effort to do the "right thing". Like you i don't agree with everything he says, i know that it would take some time, and that there is no way he could do some things right away because the system is just too screwed up. But i still favor his ideas and policies over the other candidates.

I mean people are saying pick the "lesser evil", ok people, well the evil seems to be the status quo. The same old BS every 4 years, the same old President. It doesn't make a difference between if it's Mitt, Newt, Or Rick in the White House. status quo.

Know what will at least be something different than the status quo?

Ron Paul.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
there's another thread on ATS here CNN's John King Admits That Ron Paul Is 2nd in Delegates . The video is embedded

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

First of all, the source you quoted is bound to be just as biased as the MSM outlets. It is the DailyPaul after all.

Second of all, who should people believe in this case? A Ron Paul fan site or the MSM? Most sheeple would believe the latter and they'll vote accordingly.

Here's the MSM saying it: link.

I'd trust the paul site over the MSM any day.

So now both say it, happy?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join