It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-lifers ‘Could Care Less’ About Black Babies After They Are Born, Says Planned Parenthood Rep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Another controversy in the making !

Ludwig Gaines, a senior Planned Parenthood official made the accusations at a press conference addressing some legislation concerning abortion.

February 21, 2012

(CNSNews.com) – Pro-lifers including lawmakers seeking to outlaw abortions at 20 weeks or later in the District of Columbia voice concern for black babies while in the womb, but “could care less” about them after they are born, a senior Planned Parenthood official charged Tuesday.

Ludwig Gaines, the African American leadership and engagement director for Planned Parenthood Federation of America, was replying to a question about abortion’s disproportionate affect on black women.

Story with quotes and Video

Is there any evidence that "They" don't care ?

Controversial to say the least !!

edit on Feb-21-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I see nothing wrong
If the pro-lifers "couldn't care any less" then we'd have a problem.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Definitely, considering the lady that created the planned parenthood did so to get rid of the "undesirables".

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I think pro-lifers don't give a damn about any baby after they are born.

Whats the response I always get? "You can give it up for adoption, no questions asked"

Yeah. That's gotten our social system somewhere.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak
Definitely, considering the lady that created the planned parenthood did so to get rid of the "undesirables".

As in undesired children? Or black people?

If its the second one I dont buy for a second this person would say it out loud or to the press.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by xuenchen

I think pro-lifers don't give a damn about any baby after they are born.

Whats the response I always get? "You can give it up for adoption, no questions asked"

Yeah. That's gotten our social system somewhere.

Every child that is put up for adoption in the US is adopted. There's actually a waiting list. It's the adoptions via the foster system that are not necessarily permanent. There's a huge difference.

The system is all about eugenics. Always has been and always will be. While there may be women who are happy/relieved they won't have to care for a baby, the people who are promoting it from the highest levels are even more ecstatic those people aren't reproducing. If you think that's not a common reaction and quite a few people don't have a secret wish for the poor and degenerate of society to be forcibly sterilized, then you're living in a world that isn't reality.
edit on 21-2-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
As a parent of adopted black children, I can tell you, from my experience, that many pro-lifers, yuppies, mid-west soccer moms & Disney dads, and the self righteous white American populace do not care about black children after they are born. So many kids get "sent back" from their new foster homes for racial reasons. There are even large monthly stipends for white parents to take in a black child, reason for stipend: "bi-racial".

In the 21st century that is the reality of the situation. I don't think of our adopted kids as being any different than any other white or Asian or Mexican children, but the majority of folks do seem to have an issue about bi-racial adoption.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

A good friend of mine (as a kid) was from Atlanta. She was white and her parents had been foster parents who wanted to adopt a black infant they had practically raised since the day he was born. They weren't allowed to. She told me that her parents were told that he had to be adopted by a black family.

I'm glad to see things have changed in that respect.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I've always recognized this problem and it's certainly not just for black children but for all children in general. Very sad indeed.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Ludwig Gaines, the African American leadership and engagement director for Planned Parenthood Federation of America, was replying to a question about abortion’s disproportionate affect on black women.

I don't get the "disproportionate affect" on black women, its not like it is being forced on them.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I think george carlin said it best. And the more I listen the more I think he's right on the money.
Too bad he's gone.

Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers. Pro-life... pro-life... These people aren't pro-life, they're killing doctors! What kind of pro-life is that? What, they'll do anything they can to save a fetus but if it grows up to be a doctor they just might have to kill it? They're not pro-life. You know what they are? They're anti-woman. Simple as it gets, anti-woman. They don't like them. They don't like women. They believe a woman's primary role is to function as a brood mare for the state. Pro-life... You don't see many of these white anti-abortion women volunteering to have any black fetuses transplanted into their uteruses, do you? No, you don't see them adopting a whole lot of crack babies, do you? No, that might be something Christ would do.

new topics

top topics

join