It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gallup Finds Unemployment Climbing to Nine Percent in February

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
A Gallup survey conducted on Feb 17 indicates unemployment will rise for February to 9%.

It's a survey ahead of the "official" report from the government due out in March.

The survey also indicated the “underemployment” rate will be 19%.

February 20, 2012

(CNSNews.com) – Unemployment in the U.S. rose to nine percent in mid-February, up from 8.3 percent a month earlier, according to a new Gallup survey. The polling company said this suggests that it is “premature” to assume the economy will not feature prominently in the 2012 election season.

Gallup figures typically provide an indication of what the government will report at the end of the month.

Gallup said its report reflected a continuing trend of weakness in U.S. labor markets, marking a “sharp deterioration” in job market conditions.

“Regardless of what the government reports, Gallup’s unemployment and underemployment measures show a sharp deterioration in job market conditions since mid-January.”

Unemployment Survey

Survey Says !

Gallup’s survey is a random telephone tracking survey of 30,000 adults conducted through February 15, whereas BLS’s survey is done over one week in the middle of each month and surveys 60,000 households.

I was unaware that the BLS also does a telephone survey !

How the Government Measures Unemployment

What ARE the REAL numbers ?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

What ARE the REAL numbers ?

I'm guessing that the unemployment rate is much higher then they're letting on. People are too busy trying to find jobs to worry about the statistics as a whole. North America has become so cutthroat that people must accept a pay/benefits cut or have their job ship out overseas, which I find really sad. Those bankers are still getting all those bonuses, but "business is bad" right now

Obama is probably trying to set himself up for a "drop in unemployment" right before election time. Obama to save the day...yeah right.

ETA:

Sorry for my mini rant, all these "figures" just get me worked up sometimes.
edit on 21-2-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The real US unemployed rate from a quick search is 15-17.1%..

www.unionofunemployed.com...
nation.foxnews.com...

Government figures from my experience of watching them most my life is always under-estimated and quite frankly just propaganda. As is usual TPTB candy coat any stat they can...in their favour of course.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexx790
The real US unemployed rate from a quick search is 15-17.1%..

www.unionofunemployed.com...
nation.foxnews.com...

Government figures from my experience of watching them most my life is always under-estimated and quite frankly just propaganda. As is usual TPTB candy coat any stat they can...in their favour of course.

Great sources

People need to see.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Gallup does not seasonally adjust thier numbers and conducts the survey exclusively via phone...more unemployed folks answer the phone during the day and have the time to take a survey.

I would not get all gleefull that the Unemployment rate is going to rise yet.
edit on 22-2-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
Gallup does not seasonally adjust thier numbers and conducts the survey exclusively via phone...more unemployed folks answer the phone during the day and have the time to take a survey.

I would not get all gleefull that the Unemployment rate is going to rise yet.
edit on 22-2-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

I don't know what time of day the phone surveys are taken.

But many people work nights and split shifts and have days off that vary.

Seasonally adjusted or not ... which is more accurate as a "real time" number ?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Blame it on the GOP that has blocked every attempt by President Obama to create new jobs just because those job creation packages would come from a black man being the president. The GOP wants America to think that black leaders can be president but they can in fact not create anything because only a white man can create and all must except this as the truth.

If all of the job creation packages that President Obama had put forth would have come from a white man you can be assured that the job creation packages would have gone through.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dryson
Blame it on the GOP that has blocked every attempt by President Obama to create new jobs just because those job creation packages would come from a black man being the president. The GOP wants America to think that black leaders can be president but they can in fact not create anything because only a white man can create and all must except this as the truth.

If all of the job creation packages that President Obama had put forth would have come from a white man you can be assured that the job creation packages would have gone through.

That may be a point to consider.

Can we find a list of which "would have" worked ?

And a list of programs that have not worked.

new topics

top topics

join