It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So do other gods exist?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

Why? Why does it automatically channel a demon?

I honestly think many things, good and bad, can be 'channelled'. But you need to be learned. That I am not. Until I am I will not use the board........again.

Also, we've already established that 'God' isn't anything other than an ET posing as THE all powerful creator. If you channel 'him' you're probably channelling that of which you speak of anyway.

The only certainty in my opinion is praying to Jesus.
edit on 13-3-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
What I have learned is that idols will be called gods. Zeus Athena and them all were so respected that they built monuments for them. Why? Because they were active spirits at the time. But the bible says its a sin now to believe in them so I bet their chilen in their realm

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The word "god" is a generic term reffering to any entity, sprirtual or material that people worship or show affections towards. The Golden Calf would be a "god", the household deities would be "gods" etc... but there is only one God, YHWH, (Jehovah, The Great I Am, Holy Lord) etc.

"god" means nothing.

"God" means everything.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by IronArm

"YHWH" would be one way to describe God, as explained by the angel who was using that identification.
God, or Theos, in the Greek, is the correct way today to describe God.
Forgotten in the dust bin of history is the old tribal entity, YHWH.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I was merely using a familiar term to speak of God.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by IronArm
reply to post by jmdewey60

I was merely using a familiar term to speak of God.
Right, there is a fuzziness involved and I have to think that it is by design. I think when you try to get too specific is when you run into problems.
I think the New Testament was written when the Greek term was standardized to where people could have this rather vague idea of a general divine entity, and people could interpret it in their own minds what it means exactly.
edit on 20-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join