It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

So do other gods exist?

page: 5
3
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   


Remember what I said, the Greek Septuagint, which is the basis for every modern Bible rendered gods to angels or judges because they did not understand or did not want to think that the Hebrew Bible they translated was possibly polytheistic...


Yes i remember what you said but is that for every single instance they are mentioned? What do you think of michael and gabriel? Would they also be part of this group of 70?




posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by vaelamin
 


No not every instance, it was basically up to the scribes discretion. In the original Hebrew text there were gods and there were angels or cherubim and seraphim, they are the ones that were sent to Earth to destroy the Nephillim.

I believe Michael and Gabriel were simply angels
edit on 25-2-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by vaelamin
 


Other "elohim" are not god's, they are angels who when compared to humans seemed to be god-like but they are not gods, they are not Divine. There is only one Elohim and he is above all others and he is omnipotent. He created the others.



posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by binkbonk
reply to post by Akragon
 


There is a whole race of other 'gods', they are our creators. They are going to return soon and *snip* up!

 


Mod EDIT: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.



edit on Tue, 21 Feb 2012 18:50:00 -0600 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)


The "Anakim"? The Sons of Anak are not angelic by any means. They were modified hybrid human/angels who lived to make war. Their kind had different types or species. The Nephilim were the first, then came the Rephaim and many other of the canaanite peoples. The whole purpose of the Israelites exterminating them was because they had Fallen genes in them and were abominations that were 13+ feet tall.



posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by vaelamin
 


Other "elohim" are not god's, they are angels who when compared to humans seemed to be god-like but they are not gods, they are not Divine. There is only one Elohim and he is above all others and he is omnipotent. He created the others.


The Old Testament clearly distinguishes between gods and angels.
God never says he is omnipotent.



posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo
 




El Sheddai = The Almighty. The Almighty=nothing stronger. Yahweh being the creator makes him omnipotent, and the fact that he is omnipresent does too. He existed before creation...and he said "I AM THAT I AM" to Moses which means he has always existed, but he doesn't say that about anything else. The only other person he glorified was Jesus.

So yeah, he is omnipotent.



posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by CaptainNemo
 




El Sheddai = The Almighty. The Almighty=nothing stronger. Yahweh being the creator makes him omnipotent, and the fact that he is omnipresent does too. He existed before creation...and he said "I AM THAT I AM" to Moses which means he has always existed, but he doesn't say that about anything else. The only other person he glorified was Jesus.

So yeah, he is omnipotent.


Did God ever say he was omnipotent? Aside from him being the creator, (and he didn't even create the Earth) his actions and own words point to him not being omnipresent.



posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo
 


Well, he admits to helping Moses and the people of Israel due to the agreement made with Abraham....nothing about him being righteous.

I have also read about those particular verses, and have even posted that pdf here on this site about the cross-references made between the different versions and what precisely has been excluded for whatever reasons.

I choose to believe either Jesus' word was corrupted and he didn't actually want people to 'worship' the God of Abraham but rather learn about the God that dwells inside each and every one of us OR that his word wasn't corrupted and he was trying to get the people of Israel to worship their Alien God again and in fact Jesus was not benevolent or even well natured but merely a representation of the good cop bad cop scenario with him playing good cop. I.E Aliens tried the stick approach.....now they'll try one last attempt at the carrot (Well, Aliens succeeded with Muhammed and Islam).

I prefer to believe in Jesus basic message and that his word was corrupted due to influences wanting us to worship this Alien God. Hey, it's my prerogative but it's the only way it makes any sense to me.



posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by binkbonk
reply to post by Akragon
 


There is a whole race of other 'gods', they are our creators. They are going to return soon and *snip* up!

 


Mod EDIT: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.



edit on Tue, 21 Feb 2012 18:50:00 -0600 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)


The "Anakim"? The Sons of Anak are not angelic by any means. They were modified hybrid human/angels who lived to make war. Their kind had different types or species. The Nephilim were the first, then came the Rephaim and many other of the canaanite peoples. The whole purpose of the Israelites exterminating them was because they had Fallen genes in them and were abominations that were 13+ feet tall.


They did not judge righteously, but the fact remains that they were descendants of the divine making them part divine.



posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin
 


Who wasn't righteous? Abraham?

And I haven't gotten around to the New Testament, so I cannot offer much opinion there, but I think the missing piece of the puzzle are Yeshua's lost years (12-30). I think he went on spiritual mission encountering several diff. religions. Our bibles our largely homogeneous for a reason, I am confident more documentation of Yeshua's life exist but due to conflict of interest and bias it is surely suppressed.

edit on 28-2-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
nvm.
edit on 28-2-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
reply to post by LightAssassin
 


Who wasn't righteous? Abraham?

And I haven't gotten around to the New Testament, so I cannot offer much opinion there, but I think the missing piece of the puzzle are Yeshua's lost years (12-30). I think he went on spiritual mission encountering several diff. religions. Our bibles our largely homogeneous for a reason, I am confident more documentation of Yeshua's life exist but due to conflict of interest and bias it is surely suppressed.

edit on 28-2-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)


Have you read Issa?... if not take a look...

It might be him




posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo
 


I'm not saying he wasn't righteous, just that when LORD decided to help Moses and crew out of Egypt it was due to the alliance made with Abraham (yes, I guess because LORD favoured him, because he was 'righteous').

Ahhhh, Yeshua's lost years.

1. Trip to India and Tibet, to build upon the Essene education (The Christ of India pdf may give some clues if true.)
2. Trip to another Galaxy for education with 'High' ones. (Read it countless times and it has been channelled many times, just whether it is true or not)
3. All of the above. (A long time passed, he could easily have done a whole planetary mission, even including South America, if he was transported by the 'High' ones)

All I know is that the LORD that Abraham worshipped wanted a lot of 'physical' things from Humans. Firstlings of everything born. Burnt offerings (of meat) to calm a jealous being. If Yeshua came to teach the people of Israel to repent and return to worship the One true God of Abraham then why is this message only given a few times. Surely his whole message would have been this but it was not. I believe those parts are written in to bring it in line with the Old Testament. Even the 'Book of Wisdom', written during the time Yeshua was around and finalised after his death and ascension makes no mention of Yeshua.

All I know is that my gut feeling is telling me something isn't right. Blind belief gets people nowhere.



posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo
 


There are 70 other gods to be exact, which at a time were all subservient to Yahweh or the God of Israel. THey are called 'bene elyon' , or sons of Yahweh.

You speak as if your know these Gods personally, CaptainNemo, and it seems there are some things you do not know. I dare say not all of the Ancient Gods were subservient to Yahweh, the Dragon God.
kalki666.wordpress.com...
Anyway, there were, are, a great many more than a mere 70 Ancient Gods and Goddesses, as can easily be seen here:
List of Gods and Goddesses in History
and here:
List of Gods and Goddesses by Culture
Some of these are thousands of years older than any reference to Yahweh, so them being subservient to Yahweh is a stretch of the imagination, to say the least.



posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench
 


Haven't we been over this before? I completely shattered your theory that Yam was Yahweh. I only take what is in the bible or closely related to the bible, the REAL gods. If any of those gods that you think are real are not on this list given in this list by jmdewey60: www.abovetopsecret.com... they did not exist. Also note that the list is not complete, and those links also had numerous 404 reports.

You can probably add Baal-meon, Baal-hermon, and Baalim to that list.



posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Personally, I do not just think these old Gods were in fact real, I think most of them were in fact human, too. And it bothers me not what you think of your God Yahweh, I know what my research shows. Also, putting what Yahweh did, or was personally responsible for, along with him being a Dragon is not a stretch. I would post some more facts supporting this, but your mind is already made up. Or rather set in stone.



posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo
 


Short-sighted much?

What about the Hindu Gods, Mayan Gods like Quetzlcoatl...and the list of non-hebrew mentioned gods goes on.

Just because the Old Testament does not mention, does not mean these other gods get ignored. We would know so much more too had the Catholic priests not burned their history in the name of religion.

All these gods, including the God of Abraham, are ET's, which I believe you agree with, but this God of Abram is no more important than the other, existing, gods.



posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench
 


Maybe not a 'dragon' but certainly reptilian in one form or another, if the channelled Cassiopaean material is to be believed.



posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Personally, I do not just think these old Gods were in fact real, I think most of them were in fact human, too. And it bothers me not what you think of your God Yahweh, I know what my research shows. Also, putting what Yahweh did, or was personally responsible for, along with him being a Dragon is not a stretch. I would post some more facts supporting this, but your mind is already made up. Or rather set in stone.



You're the one who keeps regurgitating this garbage for me to shoot down.
You're the one whose not willing to budge because of some disdain for Yahweh.
He isn't the malevolent entity you're trying to make him out to be.



posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by CaptainNemo
 


Short-sighted much?

What about the Hindu Gods, Mayan Gods like Quetzlcoatl...and the list of non-hebrew mentioned gods goes on.

Just because the Old Testament does not mention, does not mean these other gods get ignored. We would know so much more too had the Catholic priests not burned their history in the name of religion.

All these gods, including the God of Abraham, are ET's, which I believe you agree with, but this God of Abram is no more important than the other, existing, gods.


I'm very open-minded. I never said that the gods of the Old Testament were restricted to the Semetic speaking nations. All we know is that after the flood, Yahweh divided the nations of the Earth to his sons or gods, seventy in total.

"When the most High divided to the nations their inheritance, when he separated the sons of Adam, he set the bounds of the people according to the number of the sons of God."

Yahweh becoming the God of Israel.

The technological and astronomical knowledge of the ancient word is truly anomalous, however I have not found evidence linking any of those gods to the gods of the Old Testament. Trust me, I'm looking for the link...



new topics

top topics



 
3
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

log in

join