It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taser’s New Camera Turns Every Cop Into Robocop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Taser rolled out a new line of body-wearable cameras for law enforcement today, the Axon Flex line, designed to be worn on sunglasses and record then upload video to the cloud from the officer's point of view. They're delightfully frightening! The 3.2-inch cameras store two hours of footage at a time (which seems short), have a 14 hour battery life, and are compatible with iOS and Android for wireless viewing. They mount on a pair of Oakley Flak Jacket glasses (or hats, or clothes, or helmets, you name it) and automatically record video to a DVR, which is then automatically uploaded to Evidence.com at the end of an officer's shift. They're designed to work in low light. The idea is that the glasses provide two safeguards, one to the public and one to the po-po.

I think it would behoove departments to start adopting this technology so the inevitable he said/she said can be avoided when away from the patrol car. It really does offer police and citizens more protection and I think it could conceivably help. The good cops will be the ones that actually use theirs and don't let them 'accidentally detach'. If I were a cop I would sure as hell be wearing one of these things to cya (or I suppose cma).

Link

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'm guessing the two hour battery life will run out at the most inopportune times, as in just when an individual needs it be running to prove innocence. I do like the concept it would help get rid of crooked cops if it was on at all times.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by diatribe

The battery life is 14 hours. It stores two hours on the device but my understanding is that the video is uploaded to a 'cloud' so the entire shift would be viewable.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I'd like to see politicians wear them too.

Good idea from the company. Could prevent further taser-gun abuse.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Vio1ion

I like the idea of all politician wearing them, then we could be the big brother to big brother. We could actually watch the hen house for a change.

new topics

top topics

join