It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative Media (And Their Forums) Fit For The Toilet?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Ever since Bill "Bacon Hat" Ryan dumped Kerry Cassidy, found new love in Ecuador (real estate), Projects Camelot and Avalon have hit the non proverbial skids. Out of their ashes came the Nexus 2012 Group which immediately went into total free fall as evidenced in their forum.

Attack, No Not Attacking, No Suing, No Not Suing, Kerry Cassidy...

However at least on poster got the whole sordid affair right...quoting the rapidly disintegrating Nexus 2012 forum...

"The entire alt media may have to go through a wash/rinse cycle as the water has become so muddy its just one big confused mess...There are so many mind numbing whacko stories out there now, its like the alt community has gotten used to eating GMO alternative news that they cannot tell the difference when holistic information is offered.

The lack of proper investigation and vetting is so bad now that now the ranks of "truth seekers" has been populated by a majority of people who just want to be entertained. Alternative media meets Jersey Shore, its a bit sickening really."

What has happened to Alt Media?

Briefly...

1) Idiocy. Cassidy has the IQ of a cantaloupe, the people skills of a squash and the ability to discern of a cabbage. The Nexus folks, well, let's just say that when they talk to their tomato plants, they are conversing with their equals. The "Avalonians" as they call themselves have their brains in their knees which severely cramps their mental capacities...as they are always kneeling on them in constant adoration of their Savior Ryan...who fled the Avalon coop months on months ago.

2) Fraud. The Wilcock, Fulford, Cassidy and Ryan frauds are well documented on ATS as they are elsewhere on the Interwebs. There is no need in rehashing but suffice to say that regardless of the empty headed followers of these scammers, which one might think are ever-endless, their ranks are diminishing. Fraud, by definition, runs its course over time; "fool all the people", etc. etc. etc.

3) Self-help and women. I am going out on a limb and postulating that women, who are the major consumers of self-help, alt media New Age psychobabble(rs), are finally getting their fill. The Bell curve is on a distinctly downward slope in terms of interest from this group.

4) Lack of new blood. There are no new players of distinction in the alt media circus, it is getting old, stale and repetitive. Which is another reason it is getting more and more bizarre and less and less truth-seeking (if it ever was). Marketing in, realism out.

5) Oversaturation and Underfunding. The second tier of alt mediaites, the podcasters and bloggers without any significant following, have gone from some to too-damn-many. I expect this to be another downward trend as even the best of them (Farrell, Boiling Frog, Corbett, et al) are groping for donations to stay alive.

6) When in doubt, dance. As the posted form Nexus has pointed out, including the Nexians themselves, the Alt Media circus has gone three ring. How many wild eyed Boys from Freecloud can you interview...or watch...with a straight face? How many reptilians, "verified" UFOs, etc. etc ad infinitum. The "news" is there is no news so when in doubt...entertain.

Alternative media is at a crossroads and the train ain't stopping. The washout is necessary and warranted.

And inevitable.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheExopolitician

Your post is incredibly rude, and bears false testimony against a very decent set of people. I 've enjoyed many of their post break up videos. And Kerry is beautiful, articulate, intelligent, and knows what to ask, privy to alot of information. David Wilcock, I don't go into Ra and know Infinity doesnt do One's however, all the metaphysics, and science is spot on, and he has goodness in him.

Just a string of invective deformations from someone who wants to put down real avenues of information, that I'm so grateful for accessing. Though it has to be filtered, for the distortions, the official news media is LIES and often staged events, so, you know, I prefer to get to the real truth.

Just know/bear in mind, that your assessment here is not shared by all, and I have quite a high IQ, my uncle was the head the Canadian ham radio association, and my families always been known some of the real workings of the world.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
What would this washout look like?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I recognise those dulcet tones and I love the Bill "Bacon Hat Ryan" description.

But I can't agree with you lumping Nexus into the Alt. media circus you mention. The motives and intentions of Nexus are fundamentally different from the Cash Cow milking parlours of Avalon/Camelot and other (insert woo woo drama factory here) grifters.

Nexus is members driven and all you see at the moment is a little house clearing to get things ship shape and Bristol fashion so it doesn't end up as just another refuge for people who desperately need to believe in something so they can stick their heads in the sand, busy doing nothing, while the real scary stuff in the world starts to become a reality.

Just trying to keep it real - why not pay us a visit old Butt.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Hi Exo!

Good to see you still can't get over your severe lunatic obsession!

No one cares about PC, PA, Nexus or anything of the sort.

Why are you on an alternative media website, complaining about another alternative media website? That is the conspiracy, not what happened to Cassidy or Ryan!

Get a grip brother!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Kerry Cassidy is a textbook cerebral narcissist. Her only real motivation for doing Camelot at all from what I can see, is to associate herself with other people who are far more interesting than she is, and then listen to the sound of her own voice on camera.

Aside from that, the OP of this thread is a fairly typical pseudo-skeptical troll, in my opinion. David Wilcock is not a fraud. I don't necessarily believe that Bill Ryan is, either.

As I've said before, however, I view Camelot as entertainment. If you choose to take it seriously, then that's your problem. I also don't understand anyone referring to Camelot as the entire "alternative media." What even is the "alternative media"?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nazirite

But I can't agree with you lumping Nexus into the Alt. media circus you mention. The motives and intentions of Nexus are fundamentally different from the Cash Cow milking parlours of Avalon/Camelot and other (insert woo woo drama factory here) grifters.

Nexus is members driven and all you see at the moment is a little house clearing to get things ship shape and Bristol fashion so it doesn't end up as just another refuge for people who desperately need to believe in something so they can stick their heads in the sand, busy doing nothing, while the real scary stuff in the world starts to become a reality.

Time will tell and I will give Nexus the benefit of doubt but as I emailed Richard, someone needs to reel in Celine who, in her own words, agreed a better place to attack Project Camelot/Cassidy, Ryan and Wilcock (aka The Project Camelot Team) would be in a forum set aside for just this kind of action. IOW, get Nexus out of the potential legal implications of potential slander and remove the community at whole from backflow. One-off personal vendettas, they are senseless and have no place in "community" affairs.

I informed Nexus that not only would I join such an effort on this to-be-created forum but that I could bring very significant resources to the table to do so. I never heard a word back, all talk, no action yet each day more of Celine's jabber, now to be seen constantly retracing her steps. Too bad, her ass is hung out of her cage and she has drawn Nexus into the middle of it.

I have received a reply from Richard which indicates a level of conditional agreement with me, nuff said on that.

I would not be surprised if Camelot attempted to hold Nexus in toto for the recent physical exhaustion and hospitalization of Tommy The Webmaster...Jack Burns has money to burn...so to speak. Nexus has undermined and is undermining the Project Camelot effort. More evidence of the imploding of the alt media community IMHO.

Yes, the PC Team is a grouping of frauds, this isn't the point. There status is beyond discussion it is so clear and apparent to any sensible, sane, intelligent and responsible person. However, the good intentions of Nexus isn't going to mean squat when you find yourself squarely in the crosshairs of these buffoons.

Just trying to keep it real - why not pay us a visit old Butt.

Sorry, as I told Dragaon, I tried three separate times with three different IP addresses, two of which were not VPN/Tor, to register and was rejected as "spam".

Further, the unstated, (in TOS) disallowed use of onion routers and legal proxies which sit behind my firewalls at my company precludes me from participation at Nexus.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666

Nexus has roped itself with a legal noose having potentially slandered Project Camelot/Cassidy and they are weakly financed. It would not take much of a push to shut them down.

Project Avalon is nothing more than thinly disguised dnation scam. when has Bill Ryan performed a video interview last? Months ago? He couldn't even get an Internet connection setup in time for his participation in the Bill Brockbrader scandal to show his ugly mug livestream.
Any pressure there could shut down the PA forum since it serves little purpose other than to allow for an interactive adulation session and a Bill Ryan Revelations blog for when he remembers that he was spawned by aliens or some other preposterous regurgitations the Avalonians lap up like sick dogs to their own vomit.

The forum at Project Camelot is falling down Joomla joke. When it is up and running...which isn't often. The amount of interaction there is down to a bare minimum and many of the members are either insane (jehoel), dead rock stupid or incapable of putting together coherent sentences (any Mod). PC as an alt media distributor is as good as Jack Burns willingness to finance it as donations cannot any longer prop up the sordid, unimaginably marginal affair it has become.

To make matters worse, they have copped out to entertainment over truthseeking (Bill Brockbrader The Fraud a perfect example) but their center ring attraction, Kerry Cassidy, has further engrained herself as The Laughingstock Of Alt Media. Burns exits, their history.

Washout? How about all three go down and there's nothing left of any of them.

We can dream.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Your post is incredibly rude,

Your post is incredibly naive so we balance out. See how that works?

and bears false testimony against a very decent set of people.

Feel free to deliver specifics instead of leveling generalized charges.

I 've enjoyed many of their post break up videos. And Kerry is beautiful, articulate, intelligent, and knows what to ask, privy to alot of information.

OK, we're done.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheExopolitician

Originally posted by Cassius666

Nexus has roped itself with a legal noose having potentially slandered Project Camelot/Cassidy and they are weakly financed. It would not take much of a push to shut them down.

I don't think there is any legal danger from Camelot or Cassidy.

All that has been said so far is fair comment and free speech.

If they were to allege slander/libel the burden off proof would lay with them to prove that what has been said against them is in fact untrue.

There lies the problem - Camelot and company would have to prove that the things they have been promoting are, in essence, true for a charge of libel or slander to be upheld.

Good luck with that Kerry and co.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nazirite

I don't think there is any legal danger from Camelot or Cassidy.

All that has been said so far is fair comment and free speech.

If they were to allege slander/libel the burden off proof would lay with them to prove that what has been said against them is in fact untrue.

There lies the problem - Camelot and company would have to prove that the things they have been promoting are, in essence, true for a charge of libel or slander to be upheld.

Good luck with that Kerry and co.

Forget the legal, the free speech and fair comment B.S. and the "proof of burden", Nexus hasn't the financial resources to suffer through pre-trial discovery

What is Nexus going to do when required in said discovery to release of all information regarding members who even could remotely be involved in the legal side? They will be forced to give up these members or close the forum. Or both.

This is business. Jack Burns of Camelot has money. Nexus has their ass hanging out of their britches.

If Burns pulls out his wallet, Nexus is finished.

P.S. Trust me on this. I own/operate a TOR anonymous forum for the use of psychedelics in mental health related issues for a community of patients and clinicians. Forums have significant risks and open ended liabilities. If you don't have a legal war chest, you can get personally crushed

edit on 22-2-2012 by TheExopolitician because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Here is an interesting interview between William Henry and Randy Maugans who selectively fingered Wilcock, Kerry Cassidy, Richard Hoagland and other alt media celebs as accountable for their serious game playing (fraud).

Direct mp3 download.

Irresponsible Behavior Is Reprehensible

Hypesters, Lies and Mind Control

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Here is an interesting interview between William Henry and Randy Maugans who selectively fingered Wilcock, Kerry Cassidy, Richard Hoagland and other alt media celebs as accountable for their serious game playing (fraud).

Direct mp3 download.

Ground Crew Alert!
It will be interesting to see how the sand sits next year at this time!

Discernment! Discernment! Heed ye none?

Problem, reaction, solution.

They are selling the solution.
Are we buying?

David and Kerry have a lot of good to say about '___' as it is known, as I know, they channel Terence McK.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

So your gripe is with a couple (3?) web-outlets I never heard of?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Direct mp3 download.

Those who wade through the Light in the darkness are vile unto all. If one finds oneself in the Light, one goes forward even against men in the thousands. As I do against you and your rails of HATE.

Fairness dictates. I am close to David.

He knows of you and who you are, Frank. Beware. Be Aware.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
You forgot number 7: Money. There are way to many alternative media scam artists out there who profit off of gullible people.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT
You forgot number 7: Money. There are way to many alternative media scam artists out there who profit off of gullible people.

For what does David need money? He can reach to the Blue and pluck a plum of Light! he can scoop to his knees and assuage the red cap of The Mushroom.

Manna is his MANna is his.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
The more I read the OP's posts, the more I'm convinced that they have a point.

I'm glad that I don't post regularly on any of those forums. I thought for sure that I would be banned for criticizing the Charles material. I wasn't but only because I had tried to be cordial with (most) members.

What is to gain though from talking dirt about others on a forum where they are not a member(s)? Isn't that as cowardly as the OP claims that Ryan, Cassidy and Wilcock are?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

The more I read the OP's posts, the more I'm convinced that they have a point.

I'm glad that I don't post regularly on any of those forums. I thought for sure that I would be banned for criticizing the Charles material. I wasn't but only because I had tried to be cordial with (most) members.

What is to gain though from talking dirt about others on a forum where they are not a member(s)? Isn't that as cowardly as the OP claims that Ryan, Cassidy and Wilcock are?

It is obviois that you seek Wisdom where others do not. Come to us, David and I, within the halls of Confine Divine Cosmetologists we are.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I noticed that you spoke of Randy Maughans of Off Planet Radio in tones of dulcet.

After hammering Kerry Cassidy for several weeks, Muahgans decided to let it go.

Sorta.

Maugans Closes Thread

Only To Switch Venues (Half way down) And Re-Open the Battle

Either Mr. Maugans is a bipolar sufferer or he has trouble counting his toes.

Every person on this planet has been "mind controlled"...If you paid any attention to my work you would know we have been on record stating that...and SPIRIT WOLF ...is also incorrect: people under severe (mind control) manipulation do, on one level become aware....What is frightening to me is that people sit in forums and theorize, cast aspersions, and judge, when they should best look at their OWN internal programming, and the tiny little universe of their online circle jerks. Clowns like you are part of the problem---you are tools of the global mind #.

Of course, Mr. Maugans is posting to a forum when he, er, reprimands posting to forums.

The alternative media is full of whackos going at each other, this is only one of a perfect example.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join