It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want Obama out?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I fail to see why people would want Romney for the republican candidate because he has no chances of wining against Obama.

Leftist will never even vote for Romney and even a lot of rightists do not like Romney but will vote for him anyway because they don't like Obama.

The only candidate that leftists might want from the current republican nominees is Ron Paul, leftists won't ever vote for Romney.

The republican party won't win if they don't take away votes from Obama and Romney can't do that but Ron Paul can...but the republican party doesn't really like Paul and Paul can't really win if he goes independent because 50% of the people that usually vote republican, won't even vote anything else. They don't follow politics, they just vote republican all the time. Same goes for 50% of the people that vote democrat.

I am Canadian and last federal elections, I voted for the only candidate that had a chance to kick out Harper. He wasn't my favorite candidate, but he was the only one with a chance.

Right now, Ron Paul is the only chance you Americans have to kick Obama out...if I was American and preferred Romney, I would still vote for Ron Paul.

Mods, feel free to move this in the rant section if you feel its more appropriate.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I agree 100% with what you are saying here and wish more americans would see this. Romney is exactly the same as Obama and now has most of the backers that Obama had in 2008 (bankers).

What they are afraid of with Ron Paul is there would be a lot of people losing federal jobs and with him going after the Fed. Him going after the Fed and exposing the fact that they are destroying the economies worldwide would shut down the Fed. If he was able to do this then the rich people out there would lose the fictitious wealth they have along with their power.

With that being said the Republican establishment doesn't want Ron Paul to win for this reason. They also don't want to win this 2012 election at all to blame Democrats for all this and keep on with the game that's lasted for over 100 years now.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I think you've hit the nail on the head. Most Americans just don't really follow politics and vote for the popular guy. Ron Paul gets like no coverage, therefore they only hear about Romney, Santorum and Gingrich. To the average voter, Paul is just that old guy that nobody says can win. Though he seems to be doing very well with delegates so it could be an interesting race to say the least.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by User8911

Yay, like the fourth thread today about how no one can beat Obama but Paul! How original!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
If Paul was ever popular enough to get attention of some canidates attack ads it would be over for him over night. You want to see that so called youth support go away over night? Let them know Paul wants to sell the national parks to developers. Or how about that if your being sexualy harassed at work you should just quit. Or that consitent voting record against ear marks? Well it exists because he ads ear marks to bills that have massive support and then votes against them to keep his record knowing they will pass. Do not get me wrong he is a smart guy and very he knows the political game very very well but, he is just a politician despite those who seem to think he is some sort of messiah. Right now with Republican canidates we have as options Obama seems to be a shoe in.
edit on 21-2-2012 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

So odd that nearly every person that isn't actually American (that I have seen anyway) supports Ron Paul. Tell me, from a foreign perspective, why do you like Ron Paul? Do you like him merely because you see him fit for America, or because he benefits you indirectly?

Just curious

--PhysicsAdept, a Ron Paul supporter within the borders of America

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
So odd that nearly every person that isn't actually American (that I have seen anyway) supports Ron Paul. Tell me, from a foreign perspective, why do you like Ron Paul? Do you like him merely because you see him fit for America, or because he benefits you indirectly?

Great question, I know how the corruption is bad pretty much everywhere in the world, greed, elitism and I remember feeling emotional when Obama won the election and taught that, maybe, now it will change...
Well, it didn't. I guess he didn't want to get killed.

I like Ron Paul because, from my "limited" and biased ATS sources, he does have a long time of speaking truly and seems less inflicted with corruption. To tell the truth, I never heard of him before about 2 years ago. I've been interested in American politics since Clinton but 911 really openly showed that, it is that bad.

The US and Canada always have been good business partners and yes, a good US economy is good for us, but I don't really care about that first hand. I would like to see all planetary leaders be there for the good of everyone instead of mainly the elites.

I was thinking today how it would be great if I could just put a sign in front of my house that says I'm selling furniture from the wood and materials I buy. I'm already paying taxes for the "raw" material I'm buying, why should I have to pay to start my company name, to get permits, to get a new bank account, etc. etc.
I can't even build myself a little shack on my own land without getting a damn permit, am I REALLY the owner of this land...which I pay taxes too.
This is not freedom, we are infested with parasites.

Although I am mostly leftist, I believe there are too many government regulations and control that makes the common people trapped while elites change the laws to facilitate them at our expense.
In a world where our leaders would sacrifice every second of their elected years for the people and not themselves, I would prefer government management for education, health and energy.

I'm totally drifting here but Ron, he wants to close the Fed and that's enough for me because the last one that tried, was the best US president in history. I just hope we don't any another dead man before things change.
edit on 21-2-2012 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Wow thank you very much, I am glad to see that there are people out there that don't mind giving a little advocation towards us dumb Americans

I am also glad that there appears to be people like you who support the change of the world through the utilization of local government (in this case each nation's federal government). For the world to change, and other nations to follow, America does not need to police it. America needs to lead by example and let other nations want to follow. I am all for world peace and happiness and such...rainbows and kittens and all that hippie garbage haha, but first we need to work on what is truly fixable.

top topics

join