It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine Frank Wuterich who killed innocent Iraqis gets no prison time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

The Marine Corps has discharged Frank Wuterich, formerly of Meriden, Conn., the lone Marine convicted in the 2005 killings of unarmed Iraqi civilians in the town of Haditha.

The former sergeant ended his service Friday, Marine Corps spokesman Lt. Col. Joseph Kloppel said.

Wuterich had his rank reduced to private as part of a deal that abruptly ended his manslaughter court martial last month at Camp Pendleton and spared him imprisonment.

The 31-year-old father of two pleaded guilty to negligent dereliction of duty as the leader of the squad that killed 24 Iraqis after a roadside bomb exploded in the town, killing a fellow Marine and wounding two other Marines.

www.courant.com...
The marine gets discharged but doesn't go to prison for killing innocent people

Am I the only one who thinks this is unfair that the marine should be sent to prison?
edit on 21-2-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This is the political response:

"What? You killed someone?"

"Yep. A civilian. Totally innocent...just felt like it, you know? Orders, That's what I'll say."

"Ah, yes. Orders. Yep, that should do it. But did you get that oil like we wanted?"

"Of course. Those were my 'orders' too."

"Hehe, you're a funny man. But really, the oil is all we care about. Those Iraqis are gonna die anyway. What's a few ahead of schedule?"

Yep, these are the conversations they have when we can't hear them. Aren't our leaders a lovely bunch?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Charles Manson spends decades in jail for allegedly ordering the killing of an innocent civilian...
George Bush gets reelected for ordering the killing of 1000s of innocent civilians.

Do you know what planet you are on? Same one the rest of us are on.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Yeah, think I know that planet. It's the one where we pretend we're an intelligent race, but really, we're just pitbulls with opposable thumbs and weapons technology.

I think the reason we get so many UFOs is because they're sight-seeing.

"Look, mommy! They're shooting at us!"

"Don't look at the barbarians, honey. We'll be gone soon."

"But - " *BOOM*

"I TOLD you they weren't friendly!"

That's usually the point at which they disappear into hyperspace.

...Pibulls with guns. I like that analogy.

edit on CTuesdaypm050541f41America/Chicago21 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Just a question, mods can delete if they feel it too off-topic, but why are the men who fought against the British in the American Revolution called brave freedom fighters and the Iraqis fighting American invaders labelled "terrorist insurgents"? Just wonderin'....

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kyprian
Just a question, mods can delete if they feel it too off-topic, but why are the men who fought against the British in the American Revolution called brave freedom fighters and the Iraqis fighting American invaders labelled "terrorist insurgents"? Just wonderin'....

Presumably because what we're doing is "good" and they're fighting us. They are fighting our version of progress, which we are imposing on them because we believe them to be utterly incapable of that same progress as an autonomous nation.

Also, because they talk funny.

top topics

join