It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Page on ATS! Live Trending Topics (updated 2)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I'll admit, very cool.

Interesting. I've always wondered about the peak "injection" time for a new thread. Now I can do some statistical analysis.

Thanks, SO.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Thanks to this new tool to view live site activity, we can clearly see that a thread is getting more readers than the site home page right now. A very rare event...

Evidence Of Advanced Technology Thousands Of Years Ago In Peru (Interesting)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Thank you for this welcomed addition. I usually go to Recent Posts to see what's being talked about. Now I have a new haunt. Even when I'm lurking....

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a superb feature, works well for me.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Pretty interesting. I like the concept. May be you guys could also try trending by forums.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

What happened to it this morning?
I was excited to have a look. It really is mesmerizing...very cool...
but not loading at the moment.??

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Not working for me either, unfortunately. Interesting concept, though. I'd love to see the return of the 'No. of views' feature, too, if the infrastructure could now cope with it...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Someone pointed out a few pages ago that if you have script blockers it could keep you from seeing the page. I think it was something about chartbeat.com.

Hope that helps!

OiO

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Seeing as it was just rolled out to us yesterday, by SO, as a preview. I would think it's still in the tweaking phase of development. After many replies from us, there are probably issues that need to be dealt with that only came to light on this thread. I loved it, so hope we have it back as a permanent additions soon.

jmoho...

Des

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Always cool to see something new on here.

I'll check it out.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Firefox 10.0.2, Vista home basic, cable for internet, and I'm getting a blank page also. It is not just older versions of IE that is having problems.

OneisOne - I don't have any script blockers, so that does not help.

Update: I can view the trending pages by clicking the trending pages link at the top. It gives me a pop up page to view. The link that was put in the thread that goes to a static page and not a popup page still gives me a blank page.

I can say it is different, and tends to move a lot. I can only watch it for a short period of time before it starts to affect me. That is why I can't play certain games, especially shooters. I usually have to stick to casual games. It will take someone smart and dedicated to follow those trends to really make anything out of it.
edit on 24/2/2012 by Mystery_Lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Well, I think with the 20+ tabs I open everytime I come here, I´m messing with the statistics. Whats the TTL after opening a page to be recognized as a reader?

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Now it's really mesmerizing, love it

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
Well, I think with the 20+ tabs I open everytime I come here, I´m messing with the statistics.

Since we average between 3,800 and 4,700 active visitors at any given moment, one person doing that (even 50 people doing that) isn't statistically significant.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Okay, I see the new tab...
but I can't scroll down to see all the entries. Using Google chrome on Win 7.
This happens when I go to the "chat" page sometimes, too. Why is there no scroll bar?

I still think it's a really cool feature.
Thanks for all you and your team do.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join