It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Page on ATS! Live Trending Topics (updated 2)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
thanks, i didn't really need a new addiction and it even reminds me of slot machines.

new thread popped up, Gallup Poll Feb 2012: Iran is Americas #1 Enemy

how many stars to bet it moves up to 5th place?

edit on 22-2-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I was wondering for a few seconds what you meant by mesmerizing ... and then the threads started moving.

Beautiful.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
What a great idea! This thing is really cool! Now that we've gotten a taste of it, I just hope you don't ever try to take it away because that would be harder than taking candy from a baby. (Gorilla)

Thanks Overlord,
Flatfish

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I've taken some time to play with this new toy, and I must say: I LIKE IT !!!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I like it ! sry . short post!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

this just in .. "UN watchdog says nuclear talks with Iran failed" .. This mean War? Egads! I'm not even stock piled yet!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merlinwon
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

this just in .. "UN watchdog says nuclear talks with Iran failed" .. This mean War? Egads! I'm not even stock piled yet!

hahaha well it seems "Colonel Fletcher Prouty Discusses Secret U.S. Air Force UFO Office at the Pentagon"
is moving up in the spotlight. seems it has potential!!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
very cool feature... nice work!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I Love it,except....

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Love it!

Hahahaha!! 435 people staring at the home page. What is wrong with these people ? Are they mentally preparing themselves for the crainial bombardment that is ATS?

I can just picture them now: .....Home page open; giving themself a pep talk; finger on the left mouse button slightly quivering; taking a few deep breaths then *CLICK* Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
People that post a good number of threads can use this feature as indicater of how many people are on ATS and will be seeing their new thread pop up.

Genius I tell you!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Ahhhh, ATS finally has a "pulse".
Oustanding!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
not sure if this has been mentioned but I do not like the way you cannot right click and "open in new window/tab"
if you simply left click, it opens a new tab and sets your focus to the new tab

however, ctrl +click or shift+click seems to do the trick

though it would be nice to be able to use the right click menu as well

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

I normally have the new topics page open always . . . I open each new link in a new tab leaving the new topics page open constantly

why? because I may not want to navigate away from the thread(s) i'm currently checking out at my leisure so that tab stays open

I don't like the way the new topics page refreshes now though -- and I most definitely don't like the ad and top topics at the top

I wonder. . .if every time that page refreshes, does ATS get more ad revenue because the ad had to reload? makes me want to shout CONSPIRACY!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I've got over 50 tabs open with random chosen thread "wotchya from London".

It's too easy to manipulate, this.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

yes I just did the same with "the truth about what is behind the sound heard worldwide"

it needs to be limited by ip address IMO

all that has to be done is ctrl+click the topic repeatedly to open new tabs which can be done until you run out of memory on your pc . . each click = 1 current viewer, even though they are all on one pc
edit on 22-2-2012 by lurker007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Here's another cool thing I haven't yet fully refined, but have enough completed to give you a sneak peak:

ATS Map

now that I LIKED. that was COOL!!!!

That was some futuristic twitter #!!! I bet map systems like that get popular ASAP, because that was cool.. Flickering information by location.. cool i like a lot

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

very cool!! yes I like it as well!!! (although I don't do twitter)

gives me good perspective on where all the messages come from.
too often people (especially in the US) automatically assume that everyone is from their country. . . .this opens your eyes a bit!!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Very cool, thanks for the extra eye candy! Sooo.... supposed to get a kind of PIP huh? How's that work? I am, I admit no rocket scientist.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Maybe a strange question, But is there a real time rss feed of this feature? I made an animated LED lamp that changes color based on an rss feed and keywords within the feed. It would be neat to sync the two. Or see when topics are heating up without needing to keep an eye on the feature(as the light changes to different RGB color combos).

So, is there any way to get the streaming data? or is that too far embedded into the site to give out?
Very cool new feature.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join