It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The preservation of our planet's integrity. An appeal to all Humanity.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This is going to be sort of a response to an existent thread here on ATS.
The thread is this one : 'Dead for 32,000 Years, an Arctic Plant Is Revived'.
The thread I mention is about the revival of an extinct lifeform.
At first I was going to post a reply on that thread, but that thought really scared the crap out of me, so I decided to make this thread instead.
I'm not sure if the flower seed was just found frozen and then planted but if it was trough genetic manipulation let it die ASAP.
Real life is not science fiction, there are consequences.
Messing around with fauna and flora is a TERRIBLE idea. And it does not take a genius to understand that.
God created beautiful planet Earth for a reason and made it perfect just the way it is and we as the sentient beings that we are, have a responsibility to take care of it the best way we can.

Standing in The Truth.
Signing off

edit on 21-2-2012 by _SilentAssassin_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

Did you even read the article?

It's from the same family of plants that still exist today. It varies slightly in that it's flowers are slightly different and it has a higher pollination success rate. They tried to germinate the seeds, but it failed, but the managed to harvest part of the plants placenta in cultures which grew in to the actual plants.

Please leave god out of this, he created nothing.

You really should have just replied in that thread as you're topic doesn't really warrant a full thread of its own.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Thundersmurf

I know that you might not believe in God, or that the idea of God might vary for one person to another. Whatever made the planet come into existence, call it what you like.
The preservation of our planet's integrity, is what this thread was made for, it's just a simple thread, one knows that. But there was something that needed to get trough.
Peace.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Man is completely and utterly ignorant. Just look around at the Planet today...unreal really.

Change is upon us that is for sure. For all the naysayers....I can tell ya one thing. When this Planet becomes hostile the ones who don't believe in God will be on their knees screaming for "God" to help them.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I personally believe in both God AND science, the two compliment each other one keeps you sane the other keeps you spiritual. I think there is a greater force out there (whatever particular name you have for that force) that consciously set off the big bang, whether you believe in God or not, the big bang would still be considered God as it created all life just a different name. With that out of the way, I understand where your coming from though, I have seen many movies where scientists get that special itchy feeling and start playing around with things they shouldn't be messing with and making crazy experiments that suddenly threaten all of life, for example, Jurassic park, just one of many. I believe however that it was through experimentation that this planet got where it is and being that I think everything happens for a reason, IF they indeed had been the ones to plant that seed it would of course in my humble opinion been something that was pre-ordained. Sure we have free will but I think sometimes there is also divine intervention. I think its normal to fear what one doesn't understand.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

The planet is already hostile lol
www.peterrussell.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by _SilentAssassin_
reply to post by Thundersmurf

I know that you might not believe in God, or that the idea of God might vary for one person to another. Whatever made the planet come into existence, call it what you like.
The preservation of our planet's integrity, is what this thread was made for, it's just a simple thread, one knows that. But there was something that needed to get trough.
Peace.

Looking back, my previous reply may have been a little harsh. Perhaps too much coffee or too little sleep, I apologise.

You're right my friend, I don't believe in God, but I do have a tremendous respect for the Universe (so much so it gets capitalised
). I hear what you're saying, it may be dangerous to bring these plants back, but there could also be benefits.

Did you notice in the article it mentioned that although this is very similar to a still existing plant from the same family, it has a 100% pollination rate compared to 90% of the current versions. Little things like this can perhaps help us to understand plants better. Not only that, we can put these two plants side-by-side and compare the genetic coding of each to get a better understanding of how plants can evolve.

On the other hand, this 100% pollination rate could see us bowing to our new plant overlords before too long if things get out of hand, but I'm sure - for this particular plant anyway - that it's perfectly safe.

I understand your worry about tipping the scales of nature, but you have to understand that natural selection isn't the only force at work anymore and hasn't been since humans spread across the globe. Artificial selection plays a big part now too and it's part of the planet. An evolution of sorts.

Hope this reply came across as less tetchy.

Peace out friend

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Do your homework bucko...There is fine line between cross breeding/grafting plants than GMO's...One can help breed disease resistent food varieties without genetic modification.

Helping the plant kingdom hump and create new cross species is not playing god. It is merely playing matchmaker

new topics

top topics

join