It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Ghosts, Do you believe?

page: 1
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Here is an interesting ghost story. Have you heard/experienced any ghost stories lately. Please follow link for the whole story.

The strangest one I've heard of has been Resurrection Mary in Chicago area, Sorry its been sometime since I thought of the story and it really is creepy, another hitchhiking ghost you can google this story.




Ghostly Hitchhiker Of Gloucestershire

England, Local newspaper forest-and-wye-today.co.uk ran an article about a strange incident that took on a lone stretch of road in Gloucestershire.


According to a local man, he has had two encounters on that lonely road at night. On both occasions, he has seen the same person waiting out in the middle of the night for a bus. When he pulled over to offer a ride, the person vanished. The man did not give his identity in fear of people accusing him of making things up or thinking that he has gone insane. The man though, he knows that what he saw was something out of the ordinary and wishes to get to the bottom of the mystery.



Lone figure waits…then vanishes............








Javier Ortega
edit on 21-2-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-2-2012 by 1loserel2 because: Forgot the ghosts nickname thanks to rapablab for reminding me.




posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1loserel2

Here is an interesting ghost story. Have you heard/experienced any ghost stories lately. Please follow link for the whole story.

The strangest one I've heard of has been The Lady in White in Chicago area, another hitchhiking ghost.




Ghostly Hitchhiker Of Gloucestershire

England, Local newspaper forest-and-wye-today.co.uk ran an article about a strange incident that took on a lone stretch of road in Gloucestershire.


According to a local man, he has had two encounters on that lonely road at night. On both occasions, he has seen the same person waiting out in the middle of the night for a bus. When he pulled over to offer a ride, the person vanished. The man did not give his identity in fear of people accusing him of making things up or thinking that he has gone insane. The man though, he knows that what he saw was something out of the ordinary and wishes to get to the bottom of the mystery.



Lone figure waits…then vanishes............








Javier Ortega



I think you might be talking about "Resurrection Mary", when you say the lady in white, I live with in walking distance from that cemetary and my uncle was the police officer who responded to a few calls about that, especially when the bent bars were found, this ghost apparently bent the bars that surround the cemetary.
we also have a place about 15 mins away called bachelors grove, thats in the top ten most haunted places, I do believe in ghosts.



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2
 


It's a long-standing theory that "ghosts" are imprints of souls. I have a theory based on that.

I believe it comes from two directions. In the one direction, you have souls that have made electromagnetic prints on the fabric of our reality, and every time the necessary conditions are right, you see the imprint. This explains the repetitive actions of some ghosts, and why they are seen in some areas and not others.

The other direction is the metaphysical plane. Some entities may actually be living, but our weak eyes, which can only behold our dimension, cannot see them. Despite this, they may slip through and affect our reality, sometimes maliciously. This also explains communications between the dead and the living...perhaps our mediums have discovered the ability to communicate across dimensions that exist in that spot.

In short, there is too much evidence to refute: yes, I believe in what we call "ghosts". And that is the explanation I have for these 'paranormal' entities.

Purely theory, of course.



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I've personally experienced something weird. When we moved into our present house (an old farmhouse) 3 years ago, there were lot's of strange things.

Every single photo taken had orbs in them (very detailed too, like you could make out objects inside them), the cat refused to enter the house of her own accord. Then there was this time a friend was over, it was night time and we decided to go and take some pictures of the barn (again, plenty of orbs)

As we walked from the barn out to the main driveway we both felt the urge to look back and as we did so this white cloud of mist left the barn and seemed to travel (float) behind the house into the back garden.

We did think it strange that mist could travel from inside the barn but both just looked at each other and said 'that was weird' and thought nothing more of it.

We decided to go into the back garden and take some more pictures anyhow as he wanted to show his wife some pictures of our new place as she hadn't seen it yet.

Bearing in mind it was a perfectly clear evening with no fog or mist anywhere (apart from what we'd seen leaving the barn earlier) I decided to stand by the corner of the house and take a photo of the garden.

It made me jump to be honest as I was using the LCD display on the camera and I could clearly see there was nothing in front of me but as soon as I took the picture, the display has this weird foglike apparition. I still have the picture somewhere but haven't bothered to make a thread about it or upload it.

Anyhow, in this picture you can very clearly see a face and several other anomalies - it's quite freaky actually.

Well turns out after speaking to some of the locals, the family who lived in the house before us had lived here for over 50 years. The son of the old couple had committed suicide by hanging himself in the barn. He was 45 when he died and had lived here his entire life (the story is that he was slightly retarded, which is why he stayed with his parents all those years)

But to answer your question OP, no, even after the weird stuff that's happened, I still don't believe in ghosts. I think there is a logical explanation for everything that's happened while we've lived here.



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Ghosts, Do you believe?

You better believe it!

They are everywhere ... all the time. All around us.
All you have to do is learn to pay attention.
The dimensions intermingle at times ....



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Having seen a few myself.....yes, I believe.

We've had sightings in the long road behind my house for decades of a girl wearing 70s clothing walking in the middle of the road crying then when a car stops to see what's wrong and help her, she disappears.

Those sightings began when a girl was murdered and her body dumped on the site of an arena they were building in the early to mid 70s.



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
ive lived in old buildings all my life & yes ive seem things i cant explain .many years ago i was convinced that i was going nuts with what i was seeing putting itdown to my brain & drink plus smocking pot .but my cat & border collie convinced me otherwise as they used to go crazy at times in that old house . i was the first person to live there long term in 30+ years it was next to a castle & was built in 1740s .i met a few people who had tried to stay there but fled in fear & discribed exactley what i had experianced .1 thing i allways noticed its near water that it appears to happen 2 dont be afraid tell it to fxxx off worked for me its like it feeds on the fear



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
would you believe me if I told you that i've been a ghost?
not in a dream either. I was dead, floated into the ceiling, and woke up the next day in another hospital.



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by 1loserel2
 


It's a long-standing theory that "ghosts" are imprints of souls. I have a theory based on that.

I believe it comes from two directions. In the one direction, you have souls that have made electromagnetic prints on the fabric of our reality, and every time the necessary conditions are right, you see the imprint. This explains the repetitive actions of some ghosts, and why they are seen in some areas and not others.

The other direction is the metaphysical plane. Some entities may actually be living, but our weak eyes, which can only behold our dimension, cannot see them. Despite this, they may slip through and affect our reality, sometimes maliciously. This also explains communications between the dead and the living...perhaps our mediums have discovered the ability to communicate across dimensions that exist in that spot.

In short, there is too much evidence to refute: yes, I believe in what we call "ghosts". And that is the explanation I have for these 'paranormal' entities.

Purely theory, of course.



well put, starchild.
I believe nature itself (living things) can be sooo impacted by dramatic happenings that they can imprint the occurrence and replay it over and over.
Whereas' intelligent' haunting's are the souls that for some reason are stuck in our plane of existence. They are either waiting for closure or are demonic by nature.



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
would you believe me if I told you that i've been a ghost?
not in a dream either. I was dead, floated into the ceiling, and woke up the next day in another hospital.



I believe we have all been spirits perhaps several times.
We come, we go. we may live in differenent worlds/universes each time. BUT each time we encounter the 'people' that have always been a part of our circle.
Sounds like you woke up in another dimension, maybe you time traveled?



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan
 


I ...... I see Dead People......... And a dead thread.......



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThoughtIsMadness
reply to post by FlyersFan
 


I ...... I see Dead People......... And a dead thread.......


F..... Far From It...... It's only just.... Beginning



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I knew at a very young age there was something more going on that our eyes refused to see, but our other senses could pick up. I have been pinched, rubbed, scratched, poked, and zapped, and have heard disembodied voices. I also get a strange feeling in my gut, like nausea and or it tightening without warning and then my body hair would spike.

The strangest experience to date was a floating cat toy which abruptly dropped from the top of the doorway to my bedroom to land at my 2 kitties feet in the hallway adjacent to them.

This is just a few of the things I experience.

The non-visual senses can recognize things as well. In essence our bio-field a sphere around our body senses when things pass through or intermingle. The feeling of being watched, or personal space issues have to do with our bio-field.

I have another strange one related but I'm not sure how. when new people enter my area it almost feels as they introduce a new energy "vibe" that interferes with my current state. It's so bad that I don't like walking within a few feet of somebody on the sidewalk with me.



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by horseplay

Originally posted by yourmaker
would you believe me if I told you that i've been a ghost?
not in a dream either. I was dead, floated into the ceiling, and woke up the next day in another hospital.



Sounds like you woke up in another dimension, maybe you time traveled?


time travelled yes, I woke up the next day in the different hospital, but being a ghost only lasted for as long as I had felt being dead, or a lack of feeling alive I should say. the moment the machine began that long beep when my heart stopped, it all faded away into a swirling black, grey misty haze that was impossibly cold. proceeded to float into where the ceiling would have been and into my body, waking up the next day at 5pm, I was in the hospital for a surgery at 8am.



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker
 


i have experianced that impossible cold you talk of forgot about it till i read your post i fell inside an oil rig one night & lay for maybe an hour but it felt like decades i was looking down at myself i heard a pop then came awake scared me for years that 1



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
ive lived in old buildings all my life & yes ive seem things i cant explain .many years ago i was convinced that i was going nuts with what i was seeing putting itdown to my brain & drink plus smocking pot .but my cat & border collie convinced me otherwise as they used to go crazy at times in that old house . i was the first person to live there long term in 30+ years it was next to a castle & was built in 1740s .i met a few people who had tried to stay there but fled in fear & discribed exactley what i had experianced .1 thing i allways noticed its near water that it appears to happen 2 dont be afraid tell it to fxxx off worked for me its like it feeds on the fear
Please tell us what things you saw, what made you stay there longer than the other tenants?



posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker
 


wow, fascinating.
So do you feel like you got shifted to another dimension?
Or do you feel like you time traveled in the same dimension?
If you felt like you were a 'ghost', did you see things, travel anywhere?



posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by horseplay
reply to post by yourmaker
 


wow, fascinating.
So do you feel like you got shifted to another dimension?
Or do you feel like you time traveled in the same dimension?
If you felt like you were a 'ghost', did you see things, travel anywhere?



if by other dimension, you mean a black/grey hazy misty environment, for a minute, yes.
I relate it to space. like I slipped through the matter that encompasses my body and earth and touched space, since it was also freezing beyond anything I can relate to besides ice.

I didn't see anything, but I could faintly hear the nurse call for a doctor before the ghost phase just overwhelmed everything else. I also note that the lights began to swirl like a tornado, as if they were being stretched before fading into the misty haze, which I think of as the typical ghost makeup, if anything.



posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
back in the early 90's I had a knock on my front door. it was a little knock at about 2am. I looked out the peep hole and I seen a transparent boy. you could see right through him. The next day I talked to the people next door who told me a boy was hit by a car and had passed away. they said he used to hang with the kids who used to own the house before me. So with that said I will raise my hand and say yeah. I believe.



posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I'll share a recent one.Just moved to Texas, was talking with roommates about how ghosts probably aren't real (have been losing faith) and returned to my room. About 5 minutes later a translucent face pokes around the corner of my door, then it stepped in about a foot. When I looked, poof.. gone.

He or she was light brown/white. Was almost faceless. The way it moved was so human-like it has me believing again. Like, "hey, I heard that, here's proof we are here. bye now"

Looked like this but more blurry and brown - tradergrizz.com...

I guess I can get a recorder and try to have a conversation. Tell it I'm a northerner to see if it gives me a response.
edit on 22-2-2012 by oniraug because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join