It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul; the only Republican that can defeat Barrack Obama

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello

If Santorum is the Republican nominee and Ron Paul runs third party with Jesse Ventura, then yes, he could beat Obama. But Ron Paul and RP's people would need to bring out all of their most powerful info. and intel. against Obama and repeat repeat repeat. The people will believe a lie if repeated enough. It takes even more repeating with the truth to get past the conditioning and programming of the American people.

If Ron Paul ran third party though he would need to run with team that he was promising to bring into government such as Jesse Ventura, Dennis Kucinich, Judge Napolitano and regionally known people like Debra Medina in Texas. With such a broad pro-Constitution anti NDAA etc team, his candidacy would become appealing to all sorts of people.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

We need an anti-Dynasty amendment that says no sibling, parent, spouse, or child of a President of the USA can ever run for the Presidential office. No Jeb Bush. No Chelsea Clinton. Dynasties always kill democracies and turn a Republic into an Empire.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Ron Paul never had a chance. Voting is rigged by the CIA.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I'm not a wholehearted fan of any of the GOP candidates, but if I had to choose a favorite it is certainly Ron Paul (though I want a tougher foreign policy).

That said: I do not believe he can win in the primary or in the general. I DO believe that Mitt Romney can win in both, and that the Santorum uptick is a temporary thing, as the primaries round out...I think Romney will take the nomination, and incidentally, I think he is moderate enough to take votes from those who voted Obama into the White house. I don't think he appeals to liberals but certainly I think he appeals to centrists and jaded republican voters who voted for Obama last election and now are ashamed of their choice.

I wrote an article about this in detail on a website, if you have interest in this topic please read, and let me know your thoughts:

www.netgunsmith.com...

There are several forthcoming opinion pieces on politics with a heavy emphasis on 2nd amendment affiliation (the reason I am a Ron Paul fan).

Do we all believe (despite our best hopes and wishes) that someone else other than Romney can win the primary and the general...really?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
good post. The info is all there. It is true that all the other candidates couldn't stand tall when the muck rackers dig up the dirt. Honestly anyone but Dr. Paul is scum, thats not even really my opinion if you put aside the facts that I base it off all the dirt I have seen. Once I hit my 20 post im going to try to find some of the videos Iv seen.
RP 2012

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
yep you said it...they are ALL scrum but DR PAUL//I think people that dont like him are the socially awkward types that dont fit in..

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
First off he gets more than 10% of the vote.

First off, he's scoring 11% of the vote. Just like I said: he's barely hitting the 10% mark.

Secondly he has the largest veteran support of any candidate including obama.

Secondly, the level of support from veterans is a complete irrelevance.

Does a former serviceman or woman pledging their support to a particular candidate somehow carry more sway than the support of veterans from other professions ?

If truth be told, ''veterans'' are the kind of people who mindlessly kill and blow up other people because they are told to by some random geezers in authority.

Let's put this ''veterans'' myth to bed; they are brainless sheep, and are in no way ''heroes'' or people to look up to. In fact, they are the lowest of the low.

Third he is beating gingrich and santorum and the only close competition is romney who has a slim chance of winning over more democrats compared to ron paul.

No he isn't.

Paul is struggling to score 10%, while Santorum is a few points clear, and Gingrich is polling a lot better than both of them in the primaries.

Santorum is going to be the main challenger to Mitt, and that's just the way it is.

Get over it.

edit on 22-2-2012 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sageofmonticello
You are talking about republican votes, I am talking about a general election. Your response holds no regard to the topic of a general election in which all republicans will be voting for the republican candidate.

I stated in my OP that his support is larger among people than political parties. So I have to ask, whats your point?

Not at all.

Obama will probably get a get a second term, just because of the poor standard of Republican opposition.

If we, hypothetically, imagine that Dr. Paul won the Republican nomination, then what chance would he stand against a reasonably decent POTUS incumbent like Obama ?

Ron may well get large support in small, rural states in the North/New England area of the USA, but he gets pulverised in the urban, multi-ethnic, and, most importantly, populous states in the US.

You're not going to get too many electoral college votes by winning Montana, North Dakota, Redneckcrazy State, West Hicksville and Southern Backwardassia.

edit on 22-2-2012 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
Are you sure about that?

Yes.

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
The MSM makes it seem like he has no chance

The ''MSM'' makes it seem like he has no chance because he, er, has no chance.

He's a leftfield kook. The majority of Americans aren't interested or supportive of his bizarre, antediluvian ''ideals''.

His retrograde ideology is, patently, very unpopular amongst citizens of the US; hence why he struggles to hit 10-15% outside of North Crazia or South Paranoidia.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

The ''MSM'' makes it seem like he has no chance because he, er, has no chance.

He's a leftfield kook. The majority of Americans aren't interested or supportive of his bizarre, antediluvian ''ideals''.

His retrograde ideology is, patently, very unpopular amongst citizens of the US; hence why he struggles to hit 10-15% outside of North Crazia or South Paranoidia.

Ron Paul is perfectly in synch with American ideals; the problem is that America has drifted so far from those ideals over the past 75 years that he seems like a kook. American's don't want every facet of their life to be regulated. They don't want a huge military policing the world. Those are things that Americans accepted begrudgingly and only bit by bit like cooking a frog.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

You really are not getting the point of my thread. The discussion is about which republican candidate has the best chance of beating Obama in a general election. Who do you feel has a better chance of pulling Obama supporters? Santorum? Romney? Gingrich? What appeal would any of the three have to an Obama supporter?

Then there is Ron Paul, who is already gaining supporters from Obama. Ron Pauls foreign policy has a lot of support from single issue, end the wars, voters who went with Obama in 2008. If you want proof of this you can check the links in my OP.

Also, have you seen Obama's approval ratings? They are not what I would expect for a

...reasonably decent POTUS incumbent...

Check out the graph from Rasmussen He is not exactly invincible...

Ron may well get large support in small, rural states in the North/New England area of the USA, but he gets pulverised in the urban, multi-ethnic, and, most importantly, populous states in the US.

I think you are assuming an awful lot there. i also think your assumptions are wrong.

... Redneckcrazy State, West Hicksville and Southern Backwardassia.

You say things like this and you think that's OK? Seriously? Are you trying to be funny? Yea, insulting people who are different than you is such a gas! I am sure you can find a better way to get your point across than that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join