It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Can I Do? I'm Just One Person.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hi Guys,

This is an image I've had kicking about in my head for a couple of days now so I thought I fire up my art package and spit it out, what do you think?
Be gentle, I'm sensitive lol

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I think it's very powerful. Maximum impact accomplished. IF, you were to change anything, my suggestion would be to remove the nuclear triangle...it takes a bit away from the overall delivery. jmoho....

Good Job....

Des
edit on 21-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
I think it's very powerful. Maximum impact accomplished. IF, you were to change anything, my suggestion would be to remove the nuclear triangle...it takes a bit away from the overall delivery. jmoho....

Good Job....

Des
edit on 21-2-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)
Thanks, you know when I look at it now I think you're right about the symbol

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
That is cool!

btw if you are a creator of anything, do not be sensitive to criticism. be appreciative to learn from it.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
That is cool!

btw if you are a creator of anything, do not be sensitive to criticism. be appreciative to learn from it.
Thanks, If it's constructive criticism that's cool

I remember working on an animation for months and was well pleased with it but the customer hated it and said it was useless and I had to completely start again lol, so I'm kind of used to getting knocks

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
A very evocative photo, with a powerful paradox of imagery.

It reminds me of some interviews with the pilots who dropped the atomic bombs on Japan, and thus ended World War II.
What if they suddenly decided this was wrong, and returned to base, or otherwise stalled their mission?
The US would have found replacements I guess - or were there other options in hindsight?
Actually they didn't regret doing it directly, because they felt they were just following orders.
But wasn't that an argument at Nuremberg?
Do or die?

We know the above pics are military.
But what about the pics below?
Are they hippies screaming for peace, or hawks screaming for vengeance?
Maybe the one influences the other?

What would I do?
Depends on the circumstances.
Suicide is not an option - so one cannot sit and wait until people come to slaughter you or your society.

What I like about the image is that the civilian fervor seems just as intense as the military clip.

Unless it's in my country, since my late 20's I don't like heights or crowds, so I'd just stay at home.
This conserves energy, and prevents egg on your face when it all turns out wrong.

Besides, nobody cares much about the slaughter of white farmers in SA, even when we fought their Cold War in southern Africa.
So why care about the military and bombers in other countries?

Maybe another question would be: What would Jesus do?
edit on 21-2-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Well earned S&F for you.
I really liked the message in number two.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
A very evocative photo, with a powerful paradox of imagery.

It reminds me of some interviews with the pilots who dropped the atomic bombs on Japan, and thus ended World War II.
What if they suddenly decided this was wrong, and returned to base, or otherwise stalled their mission?
The US would have found replacements I guess - or were there other options in hindsight?
Actually they didn't regret doing it directly, because they felt they were just following orders.
But wasn't that an argument at Nuremberg?
Do or die?

We know the above pics are military.
But what about the pics below?
Are they hippies screaming for peace, or hawks screaming for vengeance?
Maybe the one influences the other?

What would I do?
Depends on the circumstances.
Suicide is not an option - so one cannot sit and wait until people come to slaughter you or your society.

What I like about the image is that the civilian fervor seems just as intense as the military clip.

Unless it's in my country, since my late 20's I don't like heights or crowds, so I'd just stay at home.
This conserves energy, and prevents egg on your face when it all turns out wrong.

Besides, nobody cares much about the slaughter of white farmers in SA, even when we fought their Cold War in southern Africa.
So why care about the military and bombers in other countries?

Maybe another question would be: What would Jesus do?
edit on 21-2-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)
Brilliant thanks, it kind of makes you think.. that no matter how powerful someone is, or how good their intentions, there will always be millions somewhere pitted against you.

It kind of makes me think now that it's mankinds destiny to destroy itself, even if you're trying to do good someone is plotting against you.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pokoia
Well earned S&F for you.
I really liked the message in number two.
Thankyou sir!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
my opinion? drop the radioactive symbol down and to the right, just above the word "Do". That way it actually points right back into the center of the action. Maybe a bunch of subtle red dollar signs, or bank logos just opposite of it?

We get the message, but it's almost like you cannot overdo it.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliquandro
my opinion? drop the radioactive symbol down and to the right, just above the word "Do". That way it actually points right back into the center of the action. Maybe a bunch of subtle red dollar signs, or bank logos just opposite of it?

We get the message, but it's almost like you cannot overdo it.

Thanks, I guess I'll have to rework the whole thing lol, I saved it as a jpeg so there is no way to extract the layers again now

Thanks for the input though.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

hey, nice work. I'm a designer of 11 years plus and spend all day everyday designing sh!t or managing other people designing sh!t (just so you know im not giving miss placed advice...)

first off you should always keep the layered ps doc, means you can make changes when you need to, which you always will.

Always keep it simple...

As stated above I would have a play with the nuclear symbol, try to build it into the composition so it becomes a part of it not just plonked on top, maybe use it to draw attention to another aspect... composition is key, if you get this right then the artwork should lead the viewer through it. Are you aware of the rule of thirds? if not have a look at it, it relates to everything from photography to painting, and of course graphic art...

Only other thing i would say is change the type face... maybe something more gritty, urban or grungy might work... something a bit harder for sure, Maybe have a look at the type of fonts used in ww11 propaganda or even contemporary propaganda... god knows there's enough of it about! that's a fairly soft face and doesn't seem to fit with the message...

keep up the good work dude!

e2a; looking at it again it has a level of irony, there are hundreds of people in that image, all saying "what can I do, Im only one person"... I reckon theres something you can do with that... like they are all standing alone thinking this, when in reality there are millions of us all thinking this... blah blah blah

art reflects life reflects art
edit on 22-2-2012 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

Thanks for the great advice.

I'd designed the top part separately, I guess it looked better before I attached the bottom part haha!

In hindsight though I do take everyone's point about the nuclear symbol, somehow I'd just not seen it when I was working on the different parts, now looking back it's too overpowering.

I can knock up a second draft of it today, it only took about 20 minutes

I'm glad you got the message at the end... "What can I do? I'm only one person"
I tried to convey the masses thinking this, maybe something I can work on again to make it more obvious.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Just wanted to say thanks guys, it's fascinating to see and read other people's interpretations of it, it even makes me see my own work on a whole new level!

top topics

join