It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Orwell's 1984 meets the grocery store blood pressure machine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
OK, so I was out and about last night and I usually check my blood pressure anywhere they have one of those public machines. Well, they have one at my grocery store that I use often. To my disbelief, they brought in a new computerized machine where you have to create a personal account. Name, address, phone number, email, and you have to answer health related questions just to get an account to check your blood pressure.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot. How creepy is that? You'd have to be an idiot to put your info into that. It's an obvious way to create yet another database of information on people and their health. I'm sure it records your blood pressure.

You think the government wouldn't use that information? HA!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

It probably would use your information, but your information is everywhere already.

I wouldn't worry too much, unless it has a built in camera and a sticker saying big brother is watching you.
edit on 21-2-2012 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Wow, hadn't seen one of these yet. I guess it's just a matter of time. Fortunately, I have a machine at work that I check mine on.

I'm sure they do record info, but maybe not for such devious reasons, maybe for marketing.

link   

Originally posted by DAZ21

unless it has a camera built in and a sticker saying big brother is watching you.

I know what I'm doing this afternoon: looking for a camera in the blood pressure machine.

link   
What?? They are changing those machines over now? Forget that, go get yourself a cheap electronic BP reader at a local drug store.

It's possible they are just using them to gather information to add you to the never ending list of promotional spam emails/ PO mail/ telemarketing purposes.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Those machines are notoriously inaccurate

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I would have put in phony information, with a phony name like Ima Sheep. It is none of their business.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
I would have put in phony information, with a phony name like Ima Sheep. It is none of their business.
How clever of EWE hehehe

Sorry, couldn't resist it

new topics

top topics

join