It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Tried to find the original story on Associated Press, but here it goes again. Good thing this couple can't procreate. Hopefully they don't vote. How and why wouldn't there be a law against this, we have so many stupid laws, why can't they do something that would make sense for once. Any guesses.....???

Associated Press

This woman 'fakes pregnancies and has left multiple would-be adoptive families devastated' - and it's not a crime.

Barry and Rebecca Vest can't conceive children – or of why a woman pretended to be pregnant and persuaded them to travel from Idaho to Pennsylvania five days after Christmas to adopt a baby that didn't exist.

And what they really don't understand is why that isn't a crime.

The Vests claim to be the latest victims of a woman known to Pennsylvania authorities as 32-year-old Amy Slanina, who, according to court records and interviews, pretends to be pregnant so infertile couples or, in some cases, female friends or lovers will shower her with attention, affection and sometimes money, clothes, food and shelter.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I feel sorry for the family who get their hopes up and prepare for the babies arrival, but I can imagine if their the type of people to do such a good deed in life,then they hopefully understand if a person is making up lies as such, they clearly have a deep, underlying mental problem. As bad as it is, i don't see why you would want the lady imprisoned, she doesnt need locking up. . She needs help, mental health. This is something our prison systems can not provide.

The women does not need to be confined to cell walls, mingling with real criminals. This happens too much already where people are thrown to the dog house for things that would be better dealt with on the outside, by other means than the prison system.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I can see the Fluoride in her eyes in that mug shot. Some people have adult bodies, but are still immature children suffering arrested development on the inside.

The crime should be falsifying a contractual agreement. Contract law stuff, I don't agree with moral value laws, do you? That kind of puts everyone under the same rules of morality, which would mean heads of corporations would be getting death penalties.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I can see the Fluoride in her eyes in that mug shot. Some people have adult bodies, but are still immature children suffering arrested development on the inside.

The crime should be falsifying a contractual agreement. Contract law stuff, I don't agree with moral value laws, do you? That kind of puts everyone under the same rules of morality, which would mean heads of corporations would be getting death penalties.

Which doesn't actually sound that bad ...

new topics

top topics

join