It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horrific images show how ocean debris is maiming and killing seals and sea lions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

The shocking picture comes from a video revealing the devastating effects man’s rubbish is having on wildlife.

just one of the shocking examples of how we're MAIMING wildlife.

i shed a tear, hell i shed a lot.

i don't care admitting that.

but these sort of vids need to be seen, might force us to take a REAL good look at ourselves and our ways.

Wildlife biologist Lauri Jemison said: ‘We are certainly underestimating the number of animals entangled. We go out every summer here in southeastern Alaska and we try to visit every haul out [where animals come to shore] and rookery [where they breed] at least once.’

article and video on dailymail. (PLEASE make sure you watch it)

source

this is just an awareness thread.

this is just on small example of many.

but this touched me.
edit on 21-2-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

How aweful...just aweful

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This is unbelievably sad! Unfortunately no matter how much effort these organizations put into awareness, the problem will still exist due to negligent people. Just another example of how the human race is nothing but a cancer to the Earth.

S + F, the video was great.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This is so sad!
Humans have to be more responsible for their actions. They should respect the earth and all that inhabits it.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

We don't even respect the humans on earth....Now you expect people to take care of their garbage and wildlife also??

I wish this was a better place also, but it isn't.....If everyone wasn't so damn lazy and staring at American Idol or some crap, we might be able to make some changes for the better!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

This is why ALL the plastic debris should be collected and made into artificial islands for the polar bears and other sea animals dealing with the climate changes eliminating the waste in the seas...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by kn0wh0w

This is why ALL the plastic debris should be collected and made into artificial islands for the polar bears and other sea animals dealing with the climate changes eliminating the waste in the seas...

instead we just throw it on a pile and create an 'artificial island'?

not a very good idea imho.

new topics

top topics

join