It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions of Pounds of TOXIC POISON to Flood US Farmland (READ PLEASE)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Some of you might go off on me again saying this is a copy and paste job.

But to the MODS i wanted to say, i chose to do this because i think this is an important article.

Knowing that some members have the tendecy to not click links or even read OP's i thaught this was the way to go.

With that being said, lets go.

credit goes to

Cassandra Anderson from BlacklistedNews.com

The EPA announced that it has completed the first part of its study on dioxin, after more than 25 years of stonewalling.

snippet from the anouncement

Today the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) finalized its non-cancer science assessment for dioxins, which was last reviewed in the 1980s. Dioxins are toxic chemicals that naturally exist in the environment and can be released into the environment through forest fires, backyard burning of trash, certain industrial activities, and residue from past commercial burning of waste. Today’s findings show that generally, over a person’s lifetime, current exposure to dioxins does not pose a significant health risk.source

i can't give you a link to the study, i'm not authorized to view the page but will dig for it

Dioxin is the most caustic man-made chemical known. Dioxin is a general term for hundreds of chemicals that are produced in industrial processes that use chlorine and burning. Disturbingly, it has a half-life of 100+ years when it is leached into soil or embedded in water systems. Dioxin was the most harmful component in Agent Orange (the recipe for Agent Orange is 2,4-D and 2,4,5-T herbicides).

just to give you an impression of how toxic this stuff can be.

allthough admitted it was a high concentrated dose that he recieved, but still.

Viktor Yushchenko

but lets get back to the article.

The EPA says that air emissions of dioxin have decreased by 90% since the 1980′s, but dioxin is dangerous at any level. The study appears to omit any analysis of dioxin transmission in water and land. The danger is growing because Dow AgroScience has received preliminary USDA approval for its 2,4-D herbicide resistant GMO corn. This means that dioxin contaminated 2,4-D herbicide will drench US farm land and pollute water supplies if the crops are widely planted.

not only that, the article goes on to state

The EPA’s press release on dioxin’s health effects trumpeted the lie that current exposure rates “don’t pose significant health risks”. But the EPA does admit that there is a cancer risk, although they are not releasing their study on cancer at this time. Perhaps the delay is due to the fact that 95% of Americans have measurable levels of dioxin in their bodies.

The EPA’s claim that current levels are not a health risk is contradicted by another webpage on the EPA’s own site says that dioxin accumulates over a lifetime, persists for years, is likely to lead to an increased risk of cancer, and that the current exposure levels are “uncomfortably” close to levels that can cause “subtle” non-cancer effects. These so-called subtle effects may include birth defects, reproductive problems and immunosuppression.

the other site at the EPA site that debunks their own statement

and a number reference to Vietnam where Agent Orange was widely used

There were 500,000 victims of birth defects in Viet Nam that can hardly be considered subtle. Dioxin is bad at any level especially since it accumulates in the body.

The article goes on to a pretty shocking statement from the EPA

The most disturbing omission by the EPA is its complete lack of oversight of a specific type of dioxin, 2,7-DCDD, that is one of the most potent kinds of dioxin. It is reported that DCDD is an inevitable by-product of 2,4-D herbicide manufacturing.

The EPA doesn’t even regulate or monitor DCDD! Therefore, the EPA’s report is incomplete and the true levels of dioxin are unknown.

disgusting and please read carefully.
'one of the most potent'

the article also talks about Monsanto, their GMO crops and how many pesticides have been sprayed on US farmland from 1996-2008.

for those that want to know

From 1996 to 2008, GMO crops were responsible for 383 million pounds of herbicides sprayed on farmland in the US.

CONCLUSION

Conclusion The EPA omitted critical information in its assessment, and current dioxin levels are a significant health risk. Dioxin levels will increase when Dow’s Agent Orange 2,4-D resistant crops are planted.

The EPA’s lack of interest in dioxin DCDD is disgusting. Dioxin DCDD that contaminates 2,4-D herbicide is not tested, measured or monitored by the EPA, or even regulated. A Canadian research paper states that dioxin DCDD may have large public health implications due to its prevalence in our food and environment.

FULL ARTICLE HERE
edit on 21-2-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

maybe thats what cause the clyde cancer cluster in ohio, epa couldn't find a cause for it www.wtol.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It's disgusting, isn't it? Factory farming and GMO frankenfoods along with the chemical toxic soup we use for 'fertilizers' and 'weed control', it's a wonder the cancer rate is triple what it is. The real trouble is not only are they allowing dioxin use but furans, not only two of the most toxic chemicals known but bioaccumulative. The EPA must have bowed to lobbying efforts to let this happen. Persistent Bioaccumulative and Toxic (PBT) Chemical Program, Dioxins and Furans

Thanks for the heads up OP.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

It's disgusting, isn't it?

ehm yeah.

man i've been looking into GMO foods, herbicides, pesticides and everything that comes along with it.

it's absolutely appaling.

Factory farming and GMO frankenfoods along with the chemical toxic soup we use for 'fertilizers' and 'weed control', it's a wonder the cancer rate is triple what it is. The real trouble is not only are they allowing dioxin use but furans, not only two of the most toxic chemicals known but bioaccumulative. The EPA must have bowed to lobbying efforts to let this happen. Persistent Bioaccumulative and Toxic (PBT) Chemical Program, Dioxins and Furans

lobbying.
decieving in studies.
infiltrating.

something along those lines yeah.

certainly shocking.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

you're welcome.

allthough not quite ontopic, still relevant in my opinion.

processed foods.

If there was any doubt left in your mind over the health devastating effects of processed foods, this may be the final nail in the coffin. In a video documenting what goes on in your body after consuming processed verse whole foods, small electronic devices reveal just how much your body struggles in digesting and utilizing processed foods laced with damaging ingredients like high-fructose corn syrup (which contains mercury) and aspartame. Oftentimes the truth is quite dirty, and in the case of this video you may want to make sure you’re not eating while watching — especially not processed foods!

evenly disgusting.

source

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
i know this might be a dumb question but is there any ways to detoxify your bodys from this? if not known ill do some research.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I think you have provided great information..I wonder about all the Chem-trails going on..what are the planes spraying on our land? Who is doing this? Human-Kind is finally Awake..The problems is what do we all do?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpunGCake
i know this might be a dumb question but is there any ways to detoxify your bodys from this? if not known ill do some research.

there is no such thing as a dumb question.

it's a pretty valid question imho.

Though there is no formal regimen for treating dioxin poisoning, the condition can be helped by increasing fecal excretion. Bowel movements remove toxic chemicals from your body, which can include dioxins. A dietary fat substitute known as Olestra may increase the number of bowel movements you have, since the colon does not absorb it. In the process, it may take increased amounts of dioxin with it. Consult your doctor for advice on any specific products containing Olestra that may work.

livestrong.com

But now there may be a way to reduce human dioxin levels, with the aid of shrimps, crabs and lobsters. Their shells contain chitin, a natural polysaccharide with molecular mass of around 1 million Da.
When the shells are pulverised and deactylated, the chitin is converted to chitosan, a fibrous material that has been claimed to reduce body weight by absorbing fats, so preventing them from being absorbed by the body.

Now, Japanese researchers have attempted to use chitosan to remove dioxins that are absorbed in the body. Kimiyoshi Kitamura and Masatoshi Morita from the National Institute for Environmental Studies in Tsukuba, with Minako Nagao from the Kyoritsu College of Pharmacy, Tokyo and Hikoya Hayatsu from Shujitsu University, Okayama carried out the research and one of them (anonymously) was the brave volunteer.

Over 40 days, he ate the same three meals each day: cooked hamburgers and fish burgers and vegetable and fruit salads. Once the eight-day stabilisation period was complete, each meal was immediately followed by a portion of chitosan or a solidified form comprising chlorophyllin on chitosan (chl-chitosan). All faeces were collected over the test period. In addition, dioxin would be excreted through the skin, so the sebum (the skin's natural oil) was also collected. Initially, the volunteer's head hair was cut to 5 mm and he was clean shaven. His whole body was regularly swabbed with towels soaked in acetone.

The dead skin cells were also collected and this was no minor operation. The subject permanently wore a one-piece overall with socks attached and a shirt with gloves attached. When sleeping, he also wore a cotton mask that completely covered his head. The dead cells in the clothing were extracted with acetone.

The amounts of 17 PCDDs/PCDFs and 12 polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) were determined in the food, faeces and sebum by high resolution GC-high resolution MS in selected ion monitoring mode, using ions in the molecular ion cluster for quantification. The use of high resolution instrumentation ensured that there were no interferences from coeluting peaks and that the isotopic peaks were measured accurately.

The results were reported in Environ. Sci. Technol. 2005, 39, 1084. The daily intake of 0.6 g chitosan had no effect on the amount of dioxins and PCBs excreted (measured as total toxicity equivalency, TEQ) but 1.8 g/day increased the excreted total TEQ by 40%. The best performance was shown by chl-chitosan, 1.8 g/day increasing the total TEQ excreted by up to 174% over the control levels, which is almost the same level as that in the food. Most of the increase was observed in the faeces, rather than the sebum.

spectroscopynow.com

7 helpfull tuips

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

I wonder about all the Chem-trails going on..what are the planes spraying on our land?

what kind of chemtrails are you refering to?

this one?

or this one?

while i do believe both are real.

lets stick to the facts here.

i don't want to make this into a chemtrail debate.

the 'chems' that are sprayed on your food is enough for debate and something we can actually prove.

so please lets remain ontopic

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

At body burden levels 10 times or less above those attributed to average background exposure, adverse non-cancer health effects have been observed both in animals and, to a more limited extent, in humans. In animals these effects include changes in hormone systems, alterations in fetal development, reduced reproductive capacity, and immunosuppression. Effects specifically observed in humans include changes in markers of early development and hormone levels. At much higher doses, dioxins can cause a serious skin disease in humans called chloracne.

wtf only 10 times the level of that of average background exposure.

can cause chloracne.

well people, like i showed you.

then you start to look like this

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
no thoughts ATS´ers?

namely Americans?

this is about your FOOD.

you know, the thing you need to live?!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
2,4,D wow that takes me back a few years. i sued to do lawn and tree care but gave it up in 2003 and even then i remember hearing that 2,4,D was being phased out in the industry due to it's potential health effects. what the hell happened to phasing it out? money must have found it's deep pockets yet again in the worthless EPA.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Have you got a link to an article or something about the phasing out part?

I'm interested.

Sounds like another coverup.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Proof?
Real proof, mind you, not some side-by-side, left/right doctored photos.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
Proof?

seriously?

LIKE SERIOUSLY!?!

did you even read the thread?

nor is the photo doctored in any way.

this was a real incident involving a 'high-profile' person.

lol, seriously some of you guys....

hilarious

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
no thoughts ATS´ers?

namely Americans?

this is about your FOOD.

seriously, this is a topic of extreme importance, I would love to elaborate at the moment but busy working all I will say for the moment is the BUMP, STAR, FLAG Monsanto needs to be stopped.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
Proof?

seriously?

LIKE SERIOUSLY!?!

did you even read the thread?

nor is the photo doctored in any way.

this was a real incident involving a 'high-profile' person.

lol, seriously some of you guys....

hilarious

And ignore that guy, people come in here and rattle off about the most impossible unscientific crap believe the Galactic Federation is coming to save them and if they concentrate hard enough they can teleport, then this week a posted a thread about regrowing teeth and some guy comes in destroying the thread which is based on science with nonsense about depopulation and tptb never allowing it and it can't be done anyway

Schizophrenia is ripe in here, this is a good thread bro, keep it up

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lordnightstalker

you know what bothers me?

the link refers to several gov sites.

government funded research don by government institutions.

yet they single out a picture to derail the thread.

epic isn't it?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
People i appreciate the stars and flags. (very much in fact)

But i would also love your input

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

no thoughts ATS´ers?

namely Americans?

this is about your FOOD.

My thoughts, it's disgusting, it's evil, it's dirty and these type of things need to end so we can gain back our lives and our health. I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore!!

I'm going to link this article to the sites I go on so the word gets out to as many as possible, I have been actively posting things about GMO's Monsanto and the dirty poisonous food they produce. Even posting on Facebook haha I know Facebook but hey the Feds are gonna watch us anyways till we rise up so why not use that tool to inform as many as possible who use it.

What happened to us America.....Stupid TV has most of us brainwashed and these chemicals have most of us docile. Just think of eating one of those newly disclosed lab burgers from the other day, mmm tasty! Can't imagine what might be in one of those

These chemicals from pesticides always gave me headaches, good thing I stopped using them years ago. Refused some jobs because they required me to spray weeds. No way Jose!

Well I'm gonna go eat one of my delicious Organic Bananas haha

edit on 21-2-2012 by mosheh24 because: My recent search realized Turd Burger was a hoax to link an article, my bads!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SpunGCake

Not a dumb question at all.But if my research is correct regarding Dioxins,the damage is genetic and permanent.If it couldn't harm you they wouldn't use it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join