It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Not Worry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Hey bro. You forgot to put the book and chapter in for people who want to look it up and read it
. You know there's going to be some atheists out there looking to counter a christian using a book they do not even believe in to beat us over the heads with.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Hey bro. You forgot to put the book and chapter in for people who want to look it up and read it
. You know there's going to be some atheists out there looking to counter a christian using a book they do not even believe in to beat us over the heads with.

Matthew 6:27, I'm not your average christian droppin B.S, this seem very relevant

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

What if there were drugs being put into my food, without my knowledge? I think I'd have to worry.

Maybe we shouldn't worry I suppose. But be cautious.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.
Sounds like good advice for any aspiring down and out..... Why not put that passage to the test, I would be suprised if you lasted 2 days

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.
Sounds like good advice for any aspiring down and out..... Why not put that passage to the test, I would be suprised if you lasted 2 days

why do people troll around the religious forum?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Originally posted by Atzil321

why do people troll around the religious forum?

Because they like making fun of people.

I understand what it is talking about. It's talking about people seeking to be righteous. In prophetic language clothes, fine linens and the sort is reference to righteousness. In short Mattiyahu (Matthew) is saying, if you want righteousness, there's only one place you can get it. Personally i'm still trying to figure out how to seek the kingdom of God because i fail at it everyday. All i can say is if were not saved by grace alone there's going to be alot of people thrown out to Gehenna with the trash and i'm going to be one of them.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Lovely post. Just follow god synchronicity and be openhearted and god will provide. Thank you for your post and for existing. Namaste

top topics

join