It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says its nuclear activities non-negotiable

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Iran says its nuclear activities non-negotiable

ca.news.yahoo.com

Iran said on Tuesday it views its nuclear activities as a non-negotiable right, but confirmed they will be discussed in mooted talks with world powers aimed at defusing a crisis containing the seeds of a new Middle East war.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Contradiction at it's best? The Iranian gov't are known on the word stage as master of the spoken word and deception but..

"It's NON-negotiable, but.. we will talk about it."

Talk about what? The non-negotiability of your Nuclear Programme or the promise of it's peaceful purpose. This may be the last straw...

ca.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 21-2-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I'm just waiting on a reasonable explanation as to why we seem to think we have the right to tell other sovereign nations whether or not they will be allowed to have a nuclear program? Somehow I don't think the Iranian people asked for our two cents...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

The issue of our country's peaceful nuclear activities will be on the agenda of talks between Iran and the P5+1 (the five permanent UN Security Council members plus Germany)," foreign ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast told reporters in a televised briefing.

"Our main demand is recognition of our right to possess the (nuclear) technology for peaceful purposes," Mehmanparast said.

"That right has been achieved, and we don't think there is a negotiable issue regarding our nuclear activities."

From the article.

That is entirely within their rights. Other nations, have no business telling them what they can and cannot do. Even if they do want a nuclear weapon.

I wish Pakistan would just man up and slip them one already so we could stop all this war mongering.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

The issue is not a Nuclear Weapon, for those thinking that.

The issue is about them having a nuclear programme at all, which the west simply will not accept due to the 50k uraninum enrichment ovens competing with the U.S 3k ovens. This is something Iran invested alot of resources into already, and to stop it now before they even started reaping it´s rewards, would kill them.

In my opinion and most other peoples opinions, Iran should be able to get nuclear powerplants like everyone else. If they want to compete selling enriched Uranium as well, why not?

On the issue if they should be allowed to have a nuke, this is debatable, however there is no real fear of them even having the capability to build one or even attempting to build one, yet that is the reason most people believe to be the issue due to MSM propaganda being aimed to sway peoples opinions into a pro-war stance with Iran. And the reason for this is simple: sometimes, crushing the competition is easier than competing with it.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This also has a lot to do with modernization. With electricity your level of comfort increases exponentially and you become a much more productive society, now we cant have Muslims advancing now can we..

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kyprian
I'm just waiting on a reasonable explanation as to why we seem to think we have the right to tell other sovereign nations whether or not they will be allowed to have a nuclear program? Somehow I don't think the Iranian people asked for our two cents...

I second that, the Hypocritical rhetoric needs to end. If Israel and the US can have Nuclear Technology then Iran 'should' be allowed also. The simple fix is, if 1 nation can't have them then none should either(None should IMHO it's evil and dirty even in responsible hands and very unpredictable especially in a world where earthquakes occur daily). Also only 1 nation has openly used Nuclear weapons on people and it's very hypocritical of that Nation to say "no you don't but we can!". I think other nations are waking up to this blatant hypocrisy which is why we see Russia and China both taking strong stances against the US and Israeli interventionist strategies.

If Iran comes here and threatens us next to our borders then war it is, but we have no right going over there surrounding them basically forcing them to feel threatened into action. Israel is capable of going it alone since it's them who are so afraid of Iran but they use the US to fight there destabilizing Wars through the Zionist Bankers bent on bringing Armageddon to this world, that is clear to see what is happening in these Mid-East situations as of late since 9/11, at least to me IMHO.....

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Iran is a powerful nation, lets not forget that. Also America is taking it's time... if you are going to start the war do it already, but they CANT, if/when America starts war with Iran, Turkey will come in.. and other powerful nations.

Turkey has a very powerful army and i mean VERY, Turkey has said that if Iran is attacked turkey will jump in. So what this means is, Turkey is calling the shots. Bad news to America.

Iran is not a bad country, Obama and those other dodgy presidents before him think they are the only nation in the world that has "power" but stupidity is another thing. So lets go America.. attack Iran and see what happens... i (along with every other country besides the U.S) dare you.. This is going to be fun!
edit on 21-2-2012 by Zatox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This whole iran thing makes me wonder just how accurate and reliable the US so called "missile shield" program is/will be.
Hell,they have Iran circled-so if they want they could employ a missile shield around the country,and shoot down any nukes before they leave Irans airspace...

That is of course,unless the missile shield tech is just a useless waste of money incapable of shooting down anything.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Stalling for time and nothing more... They refused IAEA inspectors access to one of the nuke sites again.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Zatox

Turkey is a NATO member, so if they choose to attack US forces it will be the end of Turkey...

Iran is not a powerful country nor do they have a powerful military.. The only thing they have shown is their ability to be extremely mouthy and nothing more.

The moment its confirmed Iran has a clandestine nuke program you will see China and Russia very quickly change their position.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
well this fits in with this www.cnn.com... from the link

(CNN) -- Iran warned Tuesday it would strike against an "enemy" threatening it if needed to protect its national interests -- even if the enemy didn't attack first.

Gen. Mohammad Hejazi, a deputy head of Iran's armed forces, said his country "will no more wait to see enemy action against us," according to the semi-official Fars News Agency.

"Given this strategy, we will make use of all our means to protect our national interests and hit a retaliatory blow at them whenever we feel that enemies want to endanger our national interests," Hejazi said.
in other words " if we fell that you will try to say no to us, for having nuke power we will do what is needed to save face, or at least say it so you think we will" this has been the game all along "yes we will, no we wont, we will ,wont, will, wont, will... today???"

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Iran cant even govern its own country with some sense of Humanity.

A country needs to prove to the international community first that it should be allowed to have nuclear weapons before it just decides to start building them. If you cant be responsible with Human lives in your own country, then why on Earth would anybody be in favor of letting you build nuclear weapons?

Nuclear energy doesnt just concern one country, it concerns the world, and therefore, the world has every right as much as that country to oppose them having nuclear weapons, and contrary to what the other guy said, the international community widely supports the United States on this issue.

The international community has done everything that it possibly can to avoid a war, so dont call us the war mongers when we stick to our word and do what we said we will if they dont comply. We own the world. Were not giving it back to the real war mongering, fascists that currently and blatantly abuse their rights in power by victimizing minorities and who in previous times, brought the world into the most catastrophic wars our species has ever had to fight.

Sorry. Its not gonna happen.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
War is inevitable.

The question that comes to my mind is will Israel just bomb the nuke sites and leave Iran to it.

OR

Will Israel want US soldiers sacrificing themselves and a 100% regime change for the safety of the Chosen People?

What do you guys think?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The freedom and human rights of mankind, including iranian citizens, from the damocles sword of nuke armageddon is non-negotiable too.

May the idiots in the Iranian ruling party know that too./

Are the past nuke mistakes not enough for all humanity to learn and progress from it???!!!

If the pathetic persian apostates within the iranian government wish to be a pariah to humanity, then may they know full well the price to pay.

Mankind wish for no wars, but will NEVER hesitate to take up arms to protect themselves when others wish genocide upon 7 billion humans, including innocent next generations.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

America has used nukes, and continues to use depleted uranium. Probably even right now, a DU shell is being spent. Where's the international outrage at that?

Seems like people would rather get all agitated at a hypothetical scenario. Even if Iran develops a nuke, does that mean they'll use it against another country? Maybe they want one for a deterrant to Israels nuclear arsenal. After all, Iran isn't going around threatening military intervention against anyone for something that hasn't even happened yet.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kyprian

Because we now live in a global society and the last thing we need are more nations becoming part of the nuclear family. It's everyone's business if Iran gets nukes.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Of course they are non-negotiable.

It's like if China told the US to stop the ``coal energy program`` or else! (in this scenario the US would be weak like Iran and China strong like the US)

Ya think the US would say YES SIR?? I don't think so.
edit on 21-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
if they want there legitimate program so bad why dont they leave the npt its why pakistan has nukes and india has nukes and its how israeli nukes dont get to much crap on the international stage as they are all not signatorys to the npt south africa had them and gave them up because they were signatory of the npt(that and they wanted to try to set up an example by "giving up" nuclear weapons and no one else jumped on the band wagon all iran has to do to not get crap about its program is leave the npt

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Haha that reminds me, didn't Libya have a Nuke programme going until it became one of the countries on the list of 'axis of evil'?

So Gaddafi decided to scrap his Nuke programme altogether to prevent his regime being bombed to hell.

I bet he thought to himself before he was killed, 'only if i didn't stop.........'.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join