It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: AirRaid Defense Drills are a success; pre-emptive strike looming..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

TEHRAN (FNA)- Iranian air defense forces tested their capability to detect and repel enemy air raid in the massive wargames currently underway in Southern Iran.

english.farsnews.com...

Deputy head of the Islamic Republic's armed forces says if Tehran feels that its enemies want to endanger its national interests, then it will 'act without waiting for their actions.'

www.haaretz.com...

Not a smart move for the Deputy to openly say a "pre-emptive" strike is on the books. This will be twisted by every MSM station in the days to come to push for military action... "before THEY do".

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The us will use b2s and those are unstoppable, their air defenses are weak according to my research

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Yeah lets not hope too many media pundits get wind of this, they will be on it like rabid warmongers on fire, trying to sway the public opinion into a pro-war stance, methinks.

Sorry no Flag from me here, as i think the less know about this, the better, and i won´t help spread news like this which might end up triggering a war..

edit on 21-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This seems like the ultimate game of one-upmanship.. Sabres rattle a little bit more each time. Getting close to the edge but just stopping short of going over it. I wonder what the reply from the West will be. Seems as if any moment this Jenga tower can come crashing down.

I for one don't think Iran would ever do a pre-emptive strike I cant say the same for Israel though. Its almost as if Iran is daring Israel to do something.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The Air defense capability of Iran is certainly not in its interceptors.....
However, it may just be where all Ghadaffis hand held missiles went dont you think?
There is good reason the expect the B2s to get through, but conventional bombers and fighter bombers will have to await the first strikes against the anti aircraft batteries(missile and conventional radar guided guns)
If the Tomahwaks , and B2s dont do the job, they will be hard put to carry out the decimating off Iran.
I suspect they wont be entirely as successful as expected either, because much of the Irani anti air capability will be dug deep, and highly camoflaged.....
truth to tell, i certainly dont ever want to be keeping score on this one....

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Gas prices going higher to get people more and more willing to stop it by allowing such an attack. I think the higher the prices get at the pump, the more inevitable war is.

And I’m not saying this as a pundit or denier of.

edit on 21-2-2012 by Bearack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Empty threat, in my humble opinion.

The US isn't going to attack.

It wouldn't be in Obama's best interests.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

the post isn't about a threat from the US, it's about a preemptive threat from the nut job running Iran.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Well China and Russia have been upgrading Iran's air defense for quite some time so it may not be as easy as some think.

How many of you play chess? The game is happening right before our vary eyes. The pawns are being moved about the board. Do you really think the 15000 Iranian Special Forces are in Syria to help Assad? Do you really think the two cruisers docked in Syria are there for moral support? Do you really think that the Iranian subs in the med are there for observation. Moves are being made, new calculations are being made. We may just avoid all this or we may not. My bet is by April we will know.

Remember by 2025 Russia will be the largest Muslim populated country in the world. I think they have nukes.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Obama doesn't care, he doesn't run the country. He's a puppet.

Also, no president has ever lost an election if the country was at war.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcamp2011

Originally posted by beezzer

the post isn't about a threat from the US, it's about a preemptive threat from the nut job running Iran.

They aren't going to attack anyone.

If they do?
Israel will clean their clocks.
After the election?
They'll be too afraid to.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by beezzer

Obama doesn't care, he doesn't run the country. He's a puppet.

Also, no president has ever lost an election if the country was at war.

Pithy quote, Vit. No president has ever won with 8+ unemployment (isn't it 9 now?)
Plus, we've just come off of a decade plus, of war. Different parameters.

new topics

top topics

join