It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas prices hit $5/gal in some places in USA!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I have a friend who works for Exxon. It is the government who makes the price of gas so high along with idiot speculators. They can make gas cheap but the government makes them do so much crap to the fuel for emissions that does not work, then they tax it.

This is all BS because Saudi Arabia said they would fill any shortage that Iran causes. We have a surplus in America, let alone our reserves.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
reply to post by napayshni57

Now back to the cigarette tax I thought that was supposed to pay for healthcare costs due to them being so bad for people?

Statistically smokers end up saving money for the healthcare industry. Simply because they don't live as long.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
and then people will stop using as much, inventories will go up, and prices will go down

still looking for those $15 a gallon prices we were promised about a year ago

lol

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
I dont know Professional, Here in Cleveland everyone gets everything for free, because in there mind they deserve it. 300 pound women with 4 kids not a brain cell in her head driving a new Mercedes or hummer, housing ,bills all paid, 400 or more a month in free food on that food card. Grown men strong as an ox expecting ,and recieving everything free and selling drugs for extra money . Also cant forget the senseless littering and trashing of the streets and beaches here. Trash belongs on the ground ,I though you knew. Yep there living pretty good here ,the lazy life is what works in Cleveland. Unfortunatly the people who work for a living and actually do something for the country have 10 dollars maybe for food this evening because of the gas prices around 3.50 a gallon. It pays to be a worthless street slug here unfortunatly. America is not what it used to be my friend.
edit on 21-2-2012 by dntwastetime because: add

it sounds just like here on the West Coast Ca/Or border our gas is 4.17 today.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

It is hard to believe for people that have never been to America to understand. While you may be able to travel your whole country in one month, if an American visited a different state a year it would take "50" years for them to visit all of them.

Well no. I don't live in the UK. I am in a country with far more remote areas than the US. And in a country with higher gas prices than the US.

I live in Canada, and our transportation systems are horrendous. And not only that, the cities have been designed to incorporate long commutes for most of the residents. So no, I don't take pity on America or Canada for their poor planning and shortsightedness.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by coldfiremx

I saw your post abut you needing premium gas. Thats a scam. They pay big money to put that sticker on your car in my opinion. I have been an Audi VW Benz mechanic for 18 years and deal with some of the most complex problems with cars .I am very good at what I do and I know about cars. Run cheap gas, your car will be fine. All it does is require you to put spark plugs in your car a more often but still only once in 3 or 4 years will you need a tune up. Just my experiance. I have told others to run regular gas and there car runs just as good. Take it or leave it just wanted to tell you.

edit on 21-2-2012 by dntwastetime because: opinion added

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

Originally posted by Submarines
Funny, I remember when Bush was in office and the price of gas took off.

Everyone was screaming that it was his fault because Bush was in the pockets of Big Oil. His administration, at least did some work to get the prices down.

Now, where is the screaming about Obama being in the pockets of Big Oil.

My question is why is his administration NOT doing anything about the prices?

Who is really in the pocket of big oil?

Everyone got obamas answer when he turned down the Keystone pipeline. I mean, that was a great idea of his to turn down cheap oil from Canada a pipeline that probably could've created thousands of jobs, a country that wants to sell us their oil but obama turns up his nose at it. Instead he'd rather pledge billions to brazil. And obama still has the ban on drilling here in the US.
There was a video some place, if I can find it I'll post it, where obama admitted he has no problem with Americans paying over $5.00 a gallon for gas.

Obama doesn't set the price of gas the greedy oil companies do. Stopping the pipeline was one of the best things he's done in office. In the long run the pipeline would cost more jobs than it would create and running it through one of the biggest aqua filters in the country was a stupid idea. Who was the idiot that came up with the idea of running one long terrorist target across the width of our country anyway?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I am not sure why this would come as a shock to anyone.

in 2010 CNN reported that by Summer time of 2012 we would see $5.00 a gallon.
CNN Money

And just recently CNN has been reporting that we will see 4 per gallon (in some places 5 a gallon) by June and this Summer could easily set new records in higher cost.

CNN

Plus in previous years we have seen the same thing over and over again. I am actually shocked it stayed as low as it did for as long as it did. Last Summer was the big increase I was expecting to see, look like I was off by a year.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Xality

Where I come from 1 gallon =3.78 liters

Google states this :

1 US gallon = 3.78541178 liters

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Submarines

You do realize that gas prices didn't skyrocket until the dems took over, right?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Well if israel attacks iran you can basically kiss goodbye the chance of economic progress here. If such a move happens, crude would easily double in price per barrel.

Regardless, they will always play the "middle east tensions" card to jack prices up.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I find it funny that the little states are complaining about the cost of fuel. Here in California we have the most expensive fuel...in the bay area gasoline costs more even though it is refined just 20 minutes away. We pay more taxes for fuel...yet we get little in the way of structural upgrades to our roads...

Gas is expensive...deal with it...walk,bike, lose weight. I hope gas is 10$ a gallon because of Iran. We need to start the concept of live in work spaces, victory gardens etc. If gas goes to unsustainable levels for commuters then we must reclaim the commons.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge

I have a friend who works for Exxon. It is the government who makes the price of gas so high along with idiot speculators. They can make gas cheap but the government makes them do so much crap to the fuel for emissions that does not work, then they tax it.

This is all BS because Saudi Arabia said they would fill any shortage that Iran causes. We have a surplus in America, let alone our reserves.

Im thinking wall st speculating bastards right about now. And the little guy gets screwed again...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I think americans are bitching to much... Here in Norway the gas prices are 9,80 USD / gallon... The US have some of the developed worlds cheapest gas prices...
But we deal with it... We drive more electic cars, and smaller cars that use less gas...
edit on 21-2-2012 by Sabel because: spell check

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WALDOP

Well how on earth do you think the criminals in charge are going to afford to invade iran and Syria for their zio masters?

You didn't think we poor little slave goy were completely useless to them did you?

No, no. We must do our part in this catch 22 and fund the zionazi wars that kill innocents and our children while turning them into murderers for hire even if they have been fooled into believing we actually have enemies.

Well, we do now thanks to the crooks in charge and their dual citizenships.

Hey, Waldop...

I wanted to give you a star because I agree with you...but your post is not accepting stars. Why is that?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Sabel

Well, you guys should start bitching then.

Can't believe you would want to pay those prices here, where we have to drive long distances just to get to work. Living in the heart of the city isn't the safest place to live in America and besides that, many businesses today are located in the suburbs. America is too spread out and too poor to accommodate Norway's price for petrol.

Besides, most of your price in fuel is tax. Americans would not allow that. Any government will only take what it can get away with. There is plenty of oil. The problem is artificial supply restraints. Ask our speculators; they'll tell you all about it.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
$4.03 at the station near my work, $3.99 by my house, probably closer to $4.10 in Oakland where I work 2 days a week.
My friend works at the Chevron hq and says it's all market based, and even though these companies show record profits during these times more than half of that goes towards drilling, research, and just jumping through government hoops.

Iran shut down oil to parts of Europe this last week, which means they are getting oil from where we [America] gets oil, so supply is lower than demand. The worst part is that oil is traded as a commodity, and people trade "oil futures" basically what they think it will be in the future, and with Iran saber rattling and threatening to shut down the straight, gas will continue to rise even higher this summer.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
Everyone should stop complaining and look at this for what it is. In reality the American people are really getting fed up with the way things are, the corruption, high gas prices, high taxes, bail outs, etc. I admit it hurts and it will continue to hurt but eventually we WILL reach our breaking point and full blown revolution will take place. I only hope that when it does people will put aside their petty government instilled differences and band together to put an end to the near slave like way of life that our great and mighty government has forced upon us.

This is all part of the process that will lead up to the revolution.

Lets says that does happen and our certain government gets overthrown, What will happen is the country will break apart just like in Libya right now. And when the new leaders take charge what do you think they will do? Act like good little boys and girls and do no wrong? There will always be corruption no matter how many times you overthrow a government, Humans become addicted to power.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Domestic Oil Production in the U.S. is being sent Overseas to Countries with High Demand Like China and Japan that in turn create Artificial Shortages and a Reduction of Gasoline Refining here along with Higher Prices . In order to prevent the continuation of that in the near future , the Federal Goverment needs to impose Penalties on Oil Companies that do so through Higher Taxes on Exporting their Oil thus giving them more Incentive to Sell their Product to U.S. Consumers regardless of the Alledged Supply and Demand argument against it .

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
In other words....
Gas is less than $4/gal in 99% of the U.S.!

With all the stuff going on in the world, that seems very good to me.
Do people have to try to turn good news into bad news whenever they can?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join