It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Help, Is it possible to cure hypertension to the point where medication is no longer needed?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
My husband swears by beet juice. He drinks three 8oz glasses a day. His doctor put him on blood pressure meds about a year ago and within six months, he lost 40 pounds and was taken off his medication.

He didn't do anything else besides watch his portion sizes of his meals. The claims are that a glass of it can temporarily reduce blood pressure for 24 hours, so he drinks it daily.

This is anecdotal evidence at best and only because my husband was completely against taking any medication. He also was able to get off his cholesterol meds. He stopped drinking it for a while and his blood pressure started reading high again, so he got back into drinking it daily.

I'll let the wife in on that. Thanks!
She is very physically fit, thin, and has HBP due to a hereditary thickening of the blood. Exercise and a different diet does nothing for this particular syndrome thats more common with indians. They had her on those baby asprins but it stayed too high and the doc gave her diovan ( sp?) twice a day and warfarin. . Did the trick but she doesnt like meds and wont take it. With her current job and her temper I know Im going to get a call she's had a stroke one day. Im off work this week and next so Im off to find beet juice tomorrow.
Thanks again!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
taurine? posted in good faith?

Ahh go get heart disease you heathens...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by neotech1neothink

THANKS.

I think folks may be minimizing the necessity of such things.

I think the Japan quake etc. is just the beginning and the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

How about an update on how you and others on this thread are doing NOW?

What have you settled on and how is it working out for you?

May God be with you and yours in any case.

Am concerned and interested.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I have asked that very question of my cardiologist, my family physician, a heart surgeon, by email to mayo clinic and cleveland clinic and all replyed basically the same.

"If" you actually have 'high blood pressure", then no it is highly improbable to ever lower it to normal levels without medication.

However, the question is, the determination of high blood pressure is not testing badly once or twice. It is having measured your pressure over a long period of time. (which should always be judged by a physician) and there are tests which should be administered to determine if there truly is a BP problem.

Many people claim otherwise, when in fact it is likely they really did not have 'high blood pressure' in the first place.

Blood pressure can well pop up and down due to many factors and catching a bad reading or two is not indicitive of high blood pressure.

Also research 'white coat syndrome'.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Blood pressure is still sitting at healthy level's but I'm afraid it's not going to be a quick fix, It's gonna take a while and It's gonna be hard

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Thanks for the update.

Mine's typically 120-121/70-78 at age 65.

If I go off the raw apple cider vinegar routine, it goes up a bit.

And, anxiety about taking a reading can boost it. LOL.

May you have an overcoming Spring.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Congratulations on the progress you've already made! I can't agree more with several previous posters who mentioned the B vitamins. A high quality, B complex can give you a strong foundation to build on. The B family can be a tremendous help in combatting stress, anxiety and depression while aiding in resisting the urge to drink, smoke and binge on junk. B12 injections, sublingual tabs or liquid help provide the energy to get and keep motivated. An intramuscular shot of B12 runs $10-20 bucks, here in the states at the local weight loss clinic. Being of middle age, I can pull off one a week, but your needs will probably be less. If you do need it, you'll soon, feel better, if you don't, you'll simply excrete the excess and know to save that cash for a new pair of running shoes.
(Disclaimer: please consult your physician) Another thing that may help you in this age of GMO foods is laying off gluten. On the chance that you are gluten intolerant or gluten sensitive, one effect of gluten in the GI tract is that it hinders absorbtion of precious, vitamins and minerals. My family started this 5 months ago and not only did it significantly, trim our weight and mid-sections, but it alleviated my son's heartburn. Between the B's and going gluten free, we feel the best we have in years. I hope this is helpful in some way. Most importantly, know that you are worth it and that the investments in your health will pay high dividends throughout your life. Be well and best wishes for your future!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Something that may aid you.
Last night I was watching Horizon on BBC2 and it was about High Intensity Training.
The premise was that just 3 minutes a week is all you need to improve your insulin sensitivity and your VO2 max.
It was pretty impressive. My blog post about it and a link to the program. paleobiker.blogspot.com...
Hope that helps a little.
edit on 29-2-2012 by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join