It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There seem to be a bunch of 4.5 -5.2 quakes near Japan in the last 72 hours

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
And I ask those of you on the fragile earth boards to help me out here. Is this normal? I count 9 above 4.5 with a couple above 5..

Much ado about nothing? I leave it to you guys, the experts of ats on this board to help me out

quake list

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
You can probably get a better idea from this site, which only deals with Japanese EQs

quake.twiple.jp...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by bintang

That seems to be in stark contrast to the drudge link I was looking at. Does your link include coastal quakes off the shore of japan? New to this following quake stuff, so guidance would be great... In your opinion of the drudge quake list, is that normal?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by bintang

That seems to be in stark contrast to the drudge link I was looking at. Does your link include coastal quakes off the shore of japan? New to this following quake stuff, so guidance would be great... In your opinion of the drudge quake list, is that normal?

I may have read your sheet wrong.. Do they show the same thing Im seeing on drudge?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Global Earthquake Explorer is a free and safe download you can watch in real time seismic activity. TrueAmerican has a thread with excellent tutorials on how to use it. Helped me out when I was working on a New Madrid thread last year. Just use the search field and find his infos.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SunflowerStar

Will do, But to sum up, is this kind of activity abnormal in your guys' opinion?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I have an earthquake app on my phone and it's been very normal to see several good sized quakes (4 - 6 range)on any given day in or near Honshu, which is roughly in the area where the big one was.

top topics

join