It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphins 'Deserve Same Rights As Humans'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Semi quote from Southpark

Kyle- Dude, Dolphins are intelligent and friendly
Cartman- Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonnaise.

Personally... I think dolphin taste like spotted owl... maybe closer to Whooping Crane... but it's hard to make the distinction without a side by side comparison

On a serious note- Sometimes I thing the world has lost it's mind... completely and irrevocably gone bonkers. Where do all these wingnuts come from and what were their parents thinking?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Pretty sure I'd never eat dolphins; I don't know, they have soulful eyes, sort of like dogs. Nah, think I'd pass. Definitely not into eating them. Of course, if I I had starving children then that might be a different story.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Isn't this kind of old news? I remember reading the same thing early last year.

I would have to concur, though. There is so much about Dolphins that we still do not even know. They are vastly intelligent species, even showing empathy. The same kind humans show to each other.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Does that mean we can prosecute them for raping each other and humans?
Or how about assault of humans and other dolphins?
How about murder, dolphins will kill another pods young and play some sick ocean volley ball with the corpse.

They are animals...
Sheesh.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I think the idea is great, Dolphins could very well have superior intelligences. At the very least their capacity for empathy and caring is most likely far above most humans.

At the very least Dolphins should be a protected species, they don't need anything from us and if we had the ability to speak to them they would probably laugh at the idea that we were considering offering them basic human rights.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Oh great. Now we're going to be losing more American jobs - to DOLPHINS. Super.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
While watching dolphins interact with humans and how friendly they are towards us is always amazing to me.

I don't believe in the extreme viewpoint of animal activists but I don't think I could never eat one, and never will I be a vegan. Try prying that meat out of my cold dead hand!!!!!!

I do believe they are almost as intelligent as dogs and they definately mean no harm to us. Mahi Mahi is like eating Flipper (those of you over 40 or 45 know who I mean by that)

I think we should treat them with respect they are breathing creatures, but to give them the same rights as we have I"m sorry as much as I love animals I think its a dumb idea.

More jobs for attorneys I guess.

edit on 21-2-2012 by 1loserel2 because: change wording

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by BBobb

Dolphins slaughter fish and eat them. Some human cultures slaughter Dolphins and eat them. Why is one different than the other if you think that Dolphins are intelligent in the same way Humans are?

Rent and watch a movie called THE COVE, then get back with me...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BBobb

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by BBobb

Dolphins slaughter fish and eat them. Some human cultures slaughter Dolphins and eat them. Why is one different than the other if you think that Dolphins are intelligent in the same way Humans are?

Rent and watch a movie called THE COVE, then get back with me...
Yes, the dolphins are in the cove to slaughter fish, and the Japanese fishermen slaughter them.

The old 'circle of life'.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I fully agree that dolphins should never be killed

1) they are full of bad things for us (at the top of food chain, they get all the chemicals from the creatures down).

2) dolphins and whales are totally amazing and intelligent creatures. if you swim with fishes for a long time, then swim with a whale or dolphin, it is a different experience... It is well documented that dolphins & whales are "more" than normal farm/pet/wild animals.

3) Watch the documentary THE COVE, it might wake you up

So yes I agree with this proposition.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1977
I think the idea is great, Dolphins could very well have superior intelligences. At the very least their capacity for empathy and caring is most likely far above most humans.

So much more sensitive...

Dolphins kill for fun!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Ughh...animal rights activists. IT'S AN ANIMAL! WHO CARES! Just don't hunt them and they'll be around for awhile. I wonder how they taste though.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaLyps0
Dolphins are anti establishment

So dolphins are part of Occupy?

Heck, I just want the same rights as dolphins.
They aren't taxed.
They swim, poop, and eat.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Wouldn't you get tired of eating nuttin' but sushi?

The taxes wouldn't get old though.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Hey ladies and gents.

First off, dolphins dont need to build anytning, they are past that, ever thought about that?
Second, there are restaurants on every corner on every street in most cities, i for one can agree and admit, HUMANS have an eating problem, we eat WAY to much, especially meat.
Third off, animals hunt and not often, only when they are starving, other wise they eat plants in between, even lions eat plants.

I for one believe that its about damn time we start to recognize our problem, just because a dolphin cannot build a house, vote or drive a car, doesnt make it less superior, it just doesnt need them, in a way, they are more developed then Humans because they dont rely on manufactured poison to stay alive.

Back on topic, why is it bad to NOT kill? and yes dolphins should have rights, we can build weapons, making anyone who cant look weak, does it make them weak?

And yes we developed cows and pigs, also chickens, but thats not the point, why are most of you so hungry all the time? We wouldnt even have this discussion if everyone just relized how much food we waste, how much we produce, its rediculous.

I my self eat once or twice a day, and i eat meat twice or once a week, im healthy, no problems, got lots of energy and havnt been sick in years. And yes we should still eat meat, but only when its necessary, not every single day at breakfast lunch and dinner.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
then will dolphins be arrested for beating and gang raping their females?
not so majestic now are they

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
reply to post by Flavian

basically, what I am saying, is would you like to be killed and eaten? Would you like to have a bolt through the head, (which most of the time doesn't kill you) and then have your throat slit? Or would you like to have your hands and feet cut off, and then be skinned alive?

Anything which feels pain and fear, should have the same right to life as you or I do. Put yourself in their place, as a sentient being (who should have evolved away from such barbaric practices LONG ago, if we are to think of ourselves as inteligent) See if you can imagine that fear, and that pain, which these animals feel. Watch some animal torture videos (plenty about, the dog industry for instance, it's effing sick) see if you can put yourself in an animals way of thinking, try and have just 1 solitary ounce of empathy for other life forms.

canb't remember who said it, but it's right. "you can tell how far advanced a race is, by the way it treats those that have no voice"

And we as a human race are still barbarians. We are nothing more than cavemen with computers. With no empathy or conscience for those that live along side us. It's time we changed.

Just a thought here... If it all makes you "fume" that much, you might want to consider moving to Mars rather than being upset about something that you can not now, or ever, change. Not sure what you are mad about. I know I don't or rather can't see where you are coming from, but then I'm apparently a bit more of a pragmatist than yuou. If I were like you, not meant offensively, I think I would find things to deal with that I can change... But What the Hell do I know? Have a good life and a straight path, and may all your "fumes" be
Clive Christian No 1 Perfume for Men at $1850.00 per 1.7 ounce dispenser, I'd even hang around occasionally.

Just goofing with you. My apology, but sometimes I just can't resist the Old Guy Demon.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by forklift

What makes you think this would be implemented on any other animals? Dolphins have huge brains unlike basically everyhting but humans. they have a language the revolves around body movement. Dolphins do deserve serious rights, as do all animals

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pigraphia
Does that mean we can prosecute them for raping each other and humans?
Or how about assault of humans and other dolphins?
How about murder, dolphins will kill another pods young and play some sick ocean volley ball with the corpse.

They are animals...
Sheesh.

Your post is being overlooked, but I skipped to the end of the thread just to bring this up. If a Dolphin kills another Dolphin for fun, sometimes their own young, does that mean the Dolphin goes to trial in court for murder? Or as said above, what if they kill a person? Murder trial? I guess we'll have to invent dolphin cuffs and have special police transport vehicles with swimming pools in the back.

Look, I love animals as much as the next guy, but they are still animals, not humans. This reeks of PETA to me. So, how shall we explain to them that killing their babies is wrong? How are we to communicate with them? Even if they had rights, they wouldn't know what they were nor would they have any capacity to understand them. Will we then have dolphin jail? They are highly intelligent animals, no doubt, but not humans. This stuff is going to ridiculous lengths. If you want to do something about the killing and treatment of dolphins and whales, deal with the humans doing it. Giving animals human rights would ultimately go badly, IMO.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I'm notsure if this is very easy to find on the internet, but look up how tuna nets net fish. Dolphins getting caught in tuna nets isn't because they're dumb.. they get encircled before they can see that theres a net there.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join