It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphins 'Deserve Same Rights As Humans'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
If i started to give my food my rights, i will eventually die from hunger because thin air does not fill the stomach.

If animals can have human rights than why can't plants?

All we will be left to eat is sand, or will they have rights too?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by forklift
If i started to give my food my rights, i will eventually die from hunger because thin air does not fill the stomach.

If animals can have human rights than why can't plants?

All we will be left to eat is sand, or will they have rights too?

Again...

Why not at least pretend we are a little smarter than some of these animals?

...Just for the sake of argument. Pretend we are in charge and their fate depends on us.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Tongue planted squarely in cheek. Sarcasm can be subtle.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Human rights are just silly anyway in the eyes of governments. Dolphins should be put on a no kill or harass protection list world wide though. I think many here are confusing the fish with flipper.

I have had many encounters with Dolphins and I think they are amazing creatures who are more intelligent than us. Something about them just activates my 6th sense, that they are a lot more than we think they are.

I think the whole world should come down extremely hard on JAPAN for what they do to Whales and these awesome creatures God gave us.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by forklift

Tough one for me too to be honest.

On the one hand, i totally like and respect dolphins - they are just very cool animals.

However, are they like us? Really? And for an intelligent species, i can't help thinking they are good at swimming into tuna nets!

It has been proven that they use a universal picture language and can construct sentences so yes they are highly intelligent and should have the same rights to protection and freedom as humans. Also to my knowledge dolphins don't go around murdering humans they are model citizens and fellow earthlings. I have swam with them and they are delightful characters.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

It's a bit excessive and I think that we (the human species) should just in general treat animals better then what we currently do. For starters, the Japanese can slaughter the dolphins more humanely. Second, China can quit openly beating and torturing dogs to get them off the street and for meat. Then we in the west can take a serious look at our gross practices in slaughterhouses.

I'll never go full vegen. That's just not going to happen. I'll sit in jail for eating a juicy steak if need be. (Mmm... Steak...)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

this is true but apparently they are psychic... Shamans have always taught that one states intent a day before hand to a plant before hacking at it/taking food from it... and give thanks. This gives it time to prepare with drawing consciousness from the areas one intends to remove. On the other hand shamans can also be attracted to trees who are already in this process of withdrawing consciousness from certain areas as the forest is alive with psychic empathy and pre-empts the human activities to some extent.

In simmilar ways the zulu tribes of africa spoke of a time when man only ate the beasts which offered themselves up as food in old age and/or when crippled, they are/were revered with love and appreciation put to rest humanely and eaten with gratitude. Imho animals that have two lobes to a brain have empathy and emotions of fear on par ith our own and should not be eaten against thier will...at any rate all animals regardless of development should be put to rest humanely i.e. tranqualizers.

Truth is we dont need a wide range of nutrients (only found in omnivorous diets) to live, that which one chooses as food is waht the body adapts to and craves, anyone can ween themselves off of meat and go vegitarian...

Did you know most vegetarians cannot believe that they used to crave meat dressed up as something its not, the taste is not what you crave even tho that's what you think you enjoy. Meat as it is before being cooked is vile it tastes like what it smells like ( I dont know this through personal experience but others do). Vegitarian food can be just as tastey and delicious as meet used to seem once one is past the addictive withdrawls that cause endorphines that enhance taste perception whilst eating meat (due to conditioned diets)... In the saem way eventually the brain addapts to do the same mouth watering response to vegetables prepared with a bit of love and zest.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I completely agree that we should afford dolphins the same rights to life and liberty as humans. I think when we stand before God He's going to be very upset about how we have treated these brilliant blessed creatures...hear me Japan!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Considering they use sonar to navigate mostly then it may be hard to perceive the danger of nets at times since some sonar is bound to go through them and some not...they may get a confused image and impression that there something that isn't in the shape of a "capturing" net.

Besides we all know that humans have made allot of seemingly "silly" mistakes that get themselves killed.

Need I make a list?
edit on 21-2-2012 by Spiratio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

Dolphins slaughter fish and eat them. Some human cultures slaughter Dolphins and eat them. Why is one different than the other if you think that Dolphins are intelligent in the same way Humans are?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Dolphins have equal rights as humans? That's crazy. We should be giving dolphins even MORE rights than humans. The life of one dolphin is worth 1,000...no wait...1,000,000 human lives. Besides...even the North Koreans let their dolphins vote.

When are we going to get with the program allow universal suffrage to ALL aquatic mammals? Given how close Florida elections have been since 2000 the manatee demographic alone could swing the election.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Dolphins have equal rights as humans? That's crazy. We should be giving dolphins even MORE rights than humans. The life of one dolphin is worth 1,000...no wait...1,000,000 human lives. Besides...even the North Koreans let their dolphins vote.

You on crack bro?

Have dolphins helped you find the biggest treasure in the ocean or something?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Here are some links to more articles about the incredible dolphin and why we should be giving them AT LEAST equal rights, if not moving their status to a caste far superior to mere homidae.

Dolphins are evolving opposable thumbs:
www.theonion.com...

GreenPeace Dolphin Rescue:
www.theonion.com...

Dolphins & Their Ability to Adapt to Terran Non-Aquatic Environments:
www.theonion.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
When a cetacean testifies before any state or federal body I will support those rights .Otherwise I'd rather not get them involved with our politics,I think they may be more intelligent than that.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Don't know what's gone wrong with people these days.

The government is busy killing humans while trying to implement human rights for the poor dolphins and most of the people here agree to it.

We have got more important issues to spend money and time on than trying to establish human rights for poor dolphins. How does that even related to science or research?

Even Caesar says NOOOOOO to human rights:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

When, in this life, has anyone or anything gotten what they deserved. Those who deserve nothing, get everything, those who deserve death, receive long lives, and those that deserve good things receive nothing but disappointment and hardship. I personally believe that dolphins and most large whale species are of a level of intelligence that we cannot even have a firm grasp on. That won't stop people from killing them for sport, though. I honestly think that killing a dolphin is the same as killing a human, if not worse (I'll bet you that no dolphin never stepped on any other dolphins to get where they are lol) If I was given a choice between saving a dolphin from certain death or saving one of my fellow man from certain death.......sorry, but I'm gonna have to go with the dolphin.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

Common bro, i expected you to take the human side atleast.

Ohh man, humans have done soo much bad to this world that people prefer dolphins now.

I better start eating as much meat as i can now, because with this attitude the government will have no problems implementing human rights across the animal kingdom.

Carrots and Brussels sprouts for my retirement i guess, hopefully no human rights for fruit n veg by than.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

When's the last time you had a dolphin burger, bro? I'm just saying that I have seen evidence that dolphins are smarter than us, and, as far as I can tell, they do not go out of their way to harm other dolphins, like we do amongst ourselves. I'm just looking at the facts. I have no sympathy for my fellow man. And that is what my fellow man deserves.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

When we open our eyes, we will see that we're animals, and we share this planet with other people, and need to stop acting like primitives.

Dolphins and whales are being evacuated from this planet and they have the room for them. They have the priority.

As for right to not be murdered. Its only a good thing to have this in law, with consequences.

Think its time to clean up the ocean too. All that radiation. They have the technology to neutralize it and restore this world.

I want that out and used in a positive manner for a change, ASAP.

People who don't recognize life and equal intelligence are lacking in that IMO.
edit on 21-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It seems most pro dolphins here are from Canada.

You guys must be getting really fresh fruit and veg there LOL!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join