It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphins 'Deserve Same Rights As Humans'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
as long as they get the right to VOTE!!
Flipper for president!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Dont really know i anyones posted this yet, but as i recall there are many stories of people in trouble in the water who were saved by a porpoise....or dolphin .and theres Jonah too.....
So maybe it would be a decent thing to do.....
Time to stop slaughtering the animals willy nilly thats for sure....
Theres enough miss management of our animal wildlife now....
Till we learn more about intelligence and consciousness, it would be a good idea to stop hurting anybody who may be declared human at some point.....
On the other hand......
Being as how there is now scientific basis for electronically stimulated telepathy...
maybe we could wait until we can actually talk to these species....
the we could Asktheanimals (pun intended).....

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

IT IS now possible to hear plants scream. Physicists at the University of Bonn have developed a device that listens to the stress responses of household plants. They hope it will reveal what makes so many geranium seedlings die after the long trip to Germany from their nurseries in the Mediterranean. When plants are under stress, because of drought or exposure to salt, ozone and cold, they emit ethylene gas. The experimental device, built by researchers at Bonn's Institute of Applied Physics, excites ethylene molecules with an infrared laser. The laser beam is "chopped" or interrupted 2000 times per second. Each time the beam excites the ethylene molecules, they release their energy in the form of a tiny shock wave in the surrounding atmosphere. These 2000-hertz vibrations are amplified with a resonance tube, similar to a small organ pipe, then detected with a sensitive microphone. Higher levels of ethylene ...

That is one of the worst articles I have read. I would have to subscribe to Weekly World News to find worse.What utter crap! Plants do not scream, as they don't have a larynx or similar organ with which to articulate physical and mental experience. The entire article seems to be predicated on the crazy notion that all living things scream when injured.Agitating ethylene molecules with a laser does not produce screams............... It's enough to make me fire laser beams at ethylene molecules, er I mean, scream.

Furthermore, how can we be sure they are screaming? Maybe they are laughing hysterically in the throes of a massive orgasmic pleasure death.Maybe they are discussing plant politics por holding a talent show. How can we be sure?

edit on 21-2-2012 by blah yada because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-2-2012 by blah yada because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
as long as they get the right to VOTE!!
Flipper for president!

Sure, just as soon as Mr Flipper produces a genuine long form birth cert, and proves that he is not a muslim or a member of any of the other false religions.There is only one god and Bingo is his name.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by blah yada

Either way, it's still a living organism.

Should it not get human rights too?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by forklift

Well, if you consider that humans are actually a collection of symbiotic entities of varying complexity and integration, you might have a point. Why should the bacterial flora in my intestines benefit from human rights while the celery in my garden doesn't.

I want human rights for carbon atoms, as all living things are essentially carbon based. By extension, charcoal will too enjoy the protection of human rights.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by blah yada

Well, if you consider that humans are actually a collection of symbiotic entities of varying complexity and integration, you might have a point. Why should the bacterial flora in my intestines benefit from human rights while the celery in my garden doesn't.

I want human rights for carbon atoms, as all living things are essentially carbon based. By extension, charcoal will too enjoy the protection of human rights.

Exactly, so where does one draw the line, from cuddly animals to a carbon atom?

Better give all the humans their rights first before we worry about things that are not much of a significance to us.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Dolphins 'Deserve Same Rights As Humans'???? the right to a fair trial, the right to marry, to get free health care, and Eduction, the right to be a citizen. I have heard,and read, some strange things, but his this tops them all. as long as they pay tax I am all for it

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This earth is not just our home. We are not even that old compared to other things living here. But somehow some people can believe god created this only for us and that only we are to be sent to a better place when we die! That imo is a very good example of how much work we have left

Animal rights? That will take a few 1000 years before we're ready for that

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Humans kill humans every day, so by all means, give dolphins the same rights as us.

When all living things have a sit down and work out a plan for not killing each other, then fair enough, but as long as there is a food chain, I will continue to sit down and munch on dolphin sushi and panda burgers.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by forklift

Here is a video which shows primates utilize empathy, consolation, pro-social tendencies, reciprocity and fairness. Morality is not unique to humans and seems time we took a look at the creatures we share the planet with differently.

Human morality is older than our current religions, and may go back to tendencies observable in other mammals. In a bottom-up view of morality, this talk is one man's road to discovering an array of positive tendencies in animals at a time when competition and aggression were the only themes.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

What about the Dolphins prey? They are carnivores? Who protects the fish from them? Vicious killers, these Dolphins.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianDamage
Humans kill humans every day, so by all means, give dolphins the same rights as us.

When all living things have a sit down and work out a plan for not killing each other, then fair enough, but as long as there is a food chain, I will continue to sit down and munch on dolphin sushi and panda burgers.

You do realize that Dolphins cannot "sit down and work out a plan for us not to kill them?" I mean they might succeed better than you might in any thing requiring reasoning skills but most other people are smarter than dolphins. You keep right on eating though because the most important thing on the planet has to be your gut but in that remember that bigger does not always mean better. Heart attack yak yak.
And presumably people are telling you you're eating panda and dolphin cause I know you are not catching your own...well, they are lying to you friend. Wasn't all that difficult was it? It is tuna and beef and you are just PAYING FOR Panda and Dolphin.
See ya later brains.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

What about the Dolphins prey? They are carnivores? Who protects the fish from them? Vicious killers, these Dolphins.

You could say the same thing about humans.

Why not at least pretend we are a little smarter than some of these animals?

...Just for the sake of argument. Pretend we are in charge and their fate depends on us.

edit on 21-2-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I think this is an issue that tells me either the level of programming in people, or the level of soul. And so far, really not liking what I'm seeing so far.

If its just programming, click on some links and learn something.

If its the idea of acknowledging your sharing this planet with other intelligences and some are very high ones, and yet you still think you can mistreat and harm them as if you're a raptor yourself, then it means your choosing the dark side a slide down the ladder in the game of life called regression or progression, snakes and ladders.

As for me, when a window opened up in my soul memories, hearing the dolphin sound, inside, under the veil on our memories that limits our consciousness to this lower frequency realm so we're acting very childish, I suddenly spoke out loud, spontaneously reaching for the screen.

Yes, Yes Yes, you will be free. We are here now. I am here now.

They're the other intelligences sharing this world with us, and we need to grow up fast, soul evolution is a spiral. I keep hearing for some its a circle like Groundhog Day.

edit on 21-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Flavian

On one side they are bombing the whole world to extinction and on the other side they want to give dolphins humans rights. LOL

Maybe they should give humans their rights first and leave the food alone for now.

I can't even imagine no fish, chicken or lamb.

I don't wana go to my local takeaway to order some 'carrot and chips' instead of 'fish n chips'.
edit on 21-2-2012 by forklift because: (no reason given)

Nope the whole point is to move our rights onto something else. Soon we won't have rights, you'll just do what is told of you or they'll turn your chip off, and you won't exist anymore.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Better give all the humans their rights first before we worry about things that are not much of a significance to us.

Humans have plenty of rights. "Not much significance to us" Well that is a bold statement coming from someone who clearly does not know the study of animals brings us new information on a daily basis. Significance to whom? Who besides yourself and a few million Chinese don't think dolphins are significant?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I read about this in the Times and bestowing the same rights is just the start of the rabbit hole.

Whales and dolphins have been proven that they are highly intelligent animals. Furthermore, they have proved to be self aware and can visualise scenarios. So their level of thinking raises a whole new set of questions:
- Do they have a "Faith"? Can they dream?
- At what point do they become self aware? (humans have been the only creature to be self aware)
- With self awareness, do they understand right from wrong - what are their ethics?

Apologies for slightly side tracking Op; you have got some very interesting information here - I do think that we are just starting to understand the enormity of what is being found

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
There are only two issues.

1. Do some not see this because they think dolphins are vastly inferior? Research should end that one.

OR

2. Am I sharing a planet with people who honestly believe they can dominate, eat or mistreat other equally intelligent species, just because they can get away with it? That sickens me to know end.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

We're not talking about spiritual monks or cuddly cute animals.

Animals have their rights called 'animal rights'.

Many animals have become extinct and will continue to. It does not effect us because we are superior and have the intelligence to innovate as we have been doing for a long time.

In a world where humans are losing their rights day in day out, i do not see the point of giving an animal that can play 'HOOP da LOOP' our human rights. It does not even make sense regarding implementation.

Let animals be animals and good food for dinner and let humans rule them all.

It's as simple as that.

edit on 21-2-2012 by forklift because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join