It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphins 'Deserve Same Rights As Humans'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
We certainly seem to be sharing this world with such an intelligent predator. My oh my, must be so.

Dolphin Midwives and Underwater Birthing

Of course, the warning for the squeamish, watch at your own risk, a real baby is being born.

positivefeeling.org...

They were sitting there prepared for the birth, with the woman lying in water about two feet deep. Three dolphins approached, pushed everybody away and took over. The dolphins did something that looked like scanning up and down her body—something I have experienced, and which does something to the human system. The woman gave birth with almost no pain or fear.

Needless to say, the human midwives in attendance were fairly shocked. This event opened up the new practice of ‘dolphin midwifery’, which may sound strange, but fits in with the new breed of super-children currently coming into existence. Since this incident in 1979, Igor began a series of experiments with dolphins present at the birth of children.

I would love to have had my children under such conditions.

Also I am waiting for this upgrade and the removal of this corrupt control system, for advanced clean technology and the joy of communicating and befriending our wonderful dolphins.
edit on 21-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I will quit eating meat when tigers do the same, and dolphins for that matter.

Oh, humans are intelligent, so they can't eat meat? They sure can.

Someone needs to distinguish between intelligence and FEELINGS.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
There may be some extraordinary benefits done by these wonderful beings, with their frequencies.

kimsanderson.com...

Children who are born with the help of dolphins, at the cases documented in Russia show, become extraordinary children. Most of them have IQ’s of over 150 (genius range), are extremely emotionally stable, and/or have physically strong bodies; they are superior to other children in one way or another. The Charkovsky team believes that when one is born in the sea assisted by a dolphin, that particular dolphin midwife will come back to the same spot on the baby’s birthday to wait for her/him.
After having a wonderful and positive experience with a water birth, I suggested this for my sisters for their pregnancies and births. The institutionalized social conditioning is so strong that none of my sisters have yet to experience a water birth, much less a dolphin birth.

What really infuriates me is the blockage of real information. I'm going to be handing these controllers huge list of what they owed me, what they stole from me, when they face me on the other side, they don't even get it yet.

They talk about entitlements. But all people are coowners of everything and fully entitled without slavery to all truth, all levels of knowledge for the planet, access to all parts of earth, and homes, land, food, without a drop of slavery invovled, only working at what they wish and as their spirits evolve(d) they look after their own, all those vulnerable, revere parenthood, motherhood childhood and respect this work, and share, and create whatever advanced clean systems they want with no one falling between the cracks.

Any deviance from this is owed to the person, not that they owe.

They are owed.

And truth is something that is tangible too on this scale of deprivation, and what is owed to us and what they've stolen.

birthfaith.org...

“Dolphins have an affinity with the baby in the womb and are automatically attracted to pregnant women. They sense when a woman is about to give birth and gather round. They give both the mother and child a sense of protection and safety”

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I will quit eating meat when tigers do the same, and dolphins for that matter.

Oh, humans are intelligent, so they can't eat meat? They sure can.

Someone needs to distinguish between intelligence and FEELINGS.

I won't quit even if they all did.

Have you ever tasted a wild deer?

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I think they are smart enough to be simply left alone.

I'd feel like a murderer if I killed one.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I am sure most of us don't eat those kinda cuddly intelligent animals anyway.

We just don't want human rights for the meat we have been eating for thousands of years.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

There have been numerous investigations of bottlenose dolphin intelligence. Research on bottlenose dolphins has examined mimicry, use of artificial language, object categorization and self-recognition. Their considerable intelligence has driven interaction with humans. Bottlenose dolphins are popular from aquarium shows and television programs such as Flipper. They have also been trained by militaries to locate sea mines or detect and mark enemy divers. In some areas, they cooperate with local fishermen by driving fish into their nets and eating the fish that escape. Some encounters with humans are harmful to the dolphins: people hunt them for food, and dolphins are killed inadvertently as a bycatch of tuna fishing....

Dolphins exhibit altruistic behaviour toward other sea creatures. On Mahia Beach, New Zealand on 10 March 2008,[83] two pygmy sperm whales, a female and calf, stranded on the beach. Rescuers, including Department of Conservation officer Malcolm Smith, attempted to refloat them four times. Shortly, a playful bottlenose dolphin known to local residents as Moko arrived and, after apparently vocalizing at the whales, led them 200 meters (660 ft) along a sandbar to the open sea, saving them from imminent euthanasia.[84]...

The species sometimes shows curiosity towards humans in or near water. Occasionally, they rescue injured divers by raising them to the surface. They also do this to help injured members of their own species.[91] In November 2004, a dramatic report of dolphin intervention came from New Zealand. Four lifeguards, swimming 100 meters (330 ft) off the coast near Whangarei, were approached by a shark (reportedly a great white shark). Bottlenose dolphins herded the swimmers together and surrounded them for forty minutes, preventing the shark from attacking, as they slowly swam to shore.[95

They are such beautiful remarkable beings. And we don't deserve to have their concern and rescue of us in our hours of need, for many humans are primitive in many ways in comparison, and I'm sure they know this.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by forklift

They're people and have the right to the highest protection any cosmic law and earth law could give for their homes, livelihood, sancitiy and purity and conditions of their water world, ie no toxins and pollutions and nuclear needed thank you very much, and to not be murdered or eaten by us. PERIOD.

Also if humans are so brain dead as to not speak up for themselves and not work to change laws for their own rights, I have a lot of sympathy but also a lot of disbelief at what's in their head. We're responsible for the stuff we do to each other and for not standing up and getting rid of the corruption and lack of eutopia. The dolphin's aren't and their free will should be respected at least, maybe we can start to learn from them and get with the program ourselves some day soon.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

They're people and have the right to the highest protection any cosmic law and earth law could give for their homes, livelihood, sancitiy and purity and conditions of their water world, ie no toxins and pollutions and nuclear needed thank you very much, and to not be murdered or eaten by us. PERIOD.

When did they become people? God (or whatever entity you believe in) created us humans separate from animals and we have had good selection of animals to fill our hunger stomach since man existed.

Also plants and trees cry too proven by scientists when they're hurt, so why eat them?
edit on 21-2-2012 by forklift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Have you ever tasted a wild deer? TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!

I ate more venison than beef or pork as a child!

You are so right. My mom used to can deer meat in quart jars, that is some good eating.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Why drag dolphins down to our lowly standards? They have it pretty good overall. They're not sacrificing their young in needless wars. They don't have to endure economic collapses. Obesity is not a problem for them.

Granted, every now and then we humans cull a bunch of them for whatever reason, but we do that to other humans too, not to mention the rest of the animal kingdom.

The best thing we could do is leave them alone. We don't eat them, they don't eat us., and they are essential to the marine food chain so can't we just let them do their thing, rather than bringing dolphin tanks into the Supreme Court and rewriting the constitution to make it dolphin friendly.

Q. How would Roe v. Wade take effect on dolphins having abortions, given that the precedent was established before the implementation of Dolphin/Human rights equality? I think the legal world would be turned on it's head

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
www.thesun.co.uk...

Jamie is among only a handful of children worldwide to be taught how to copy dolphins by Californian Daniel Kish, who is himself blind.

Mr Kish calls his echo-location skill "flash-sonar". He said: "It provides one with information of a fair amount of detail at distances of dozens of metres."

Eventually Jamie, who gets around using a cane, should be able to detect buildings from 100 yards.

Blind students swim with dolphins

Dolphin-assisted therapy offers hope to disabled children, parents

www.tgdaily.com...

Corrected for body size, dolphins have larger brains than any primates except man, and the same surface folds found in human brains. They also have a cerebral cortex and neocortex that approach the size of those found in humans.

Previous studies have shown that dolphins can recognise themselves in mirrors and even learn a simple symbol-based language. The also have distinct personalities and can cooperate and learn from each other.

They should also be trained healers and health assistants, they have wonderful skills, and they offer then freely.

They also have so much to teach us.

People who go, yes they're intelligent but I have a right to eat them anyway, must be saying, they're not as aware, and model themselves after Trex No, you don't have the right to eat intelligent creatures. Its like eating a human.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I'm not at all an animal rights person, in the sense that I don't believe animals, no matter their intelligence levels, can take people to court or anything, but I do believe that a certain level of sentience demands a concept of negative rights i.e. they don't deserve wanton violence.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Dolphins are also known to commit gang rape. Should we lock up the offending dolphins who commit this crime on their fellow dolphins or do they get a free pass when it comes to raping because they are cute? I mean surely we should protect the rights of those dolphins on the receiving end.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

So do humans. But their own species can manage their own affairs that way. This is about our species being intelligent or primitive and murdering or harming other intelligences on earth or in the universe. Also with all the frequencies and pollutions in the waterways, I'm not sure I believe that this is an innate trait, or damaged brains, and by that I mean damaged by us.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
it's easy to cause pain when you aren't the one feeling it. If you felt the pain animals felt when a douchebag human says to himself "im different, am a human, i can kill this and it's okay" This however shouldn't be accomplished by making new laws and locking people up, but rather by increasing the awareness of the common man.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Can someone explain why all these animal lovers don't feel the pain of plants and trees when they get chopped up?

IT IS now possible to hear plants scream. Physicists at the University of Bonn have developed a device that listens to the stress responses of household plants. They hope it will reveal what makes so many geranium seedlings die after the long trip to Germany from their nurseries in the Mediterranean. When plants are under stress, because of drought or exposure to salt, ozone and cold, they emit ethylene gas. The experimental device, built by researchers at Bonn's Institute of Applied Physics, excites ethylene molecules with an infrared laser. The laser beam is "chopped" or interrupted 2000 times per second. Each time the beam excites the ethylene molecules, they release their energy in the form of a tiny shock wave in the surrounding atmosphere. These 2000-hertz vibrations are amplified with a resonance tube, similar to a small organ pipe, then detected with a sensitive microphone. Higher levels of ethylene ...

New Scientist

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Can someone explain why all these animal lovers don't feel the pain of plants and trees when they get chopped up?

They have to draw the line somewhere!
When it comes to starving to death, they find it completely acceptable to torture plants!

Some draw the line to include eating fish, since they are cold, slimy and not so cuddly.

It is all about their feelings..... not so much about the particular plant or critter.
edit on 21-2-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Exactly just because animals are more cuddlier and softier than plants does not give these people the right to hurt or destroy other living organisms.

I rather have a whole bunch of trees live that provide me oxygen than some intelligent animal that can play 'HOOP Da LOOP'.

To these people the more cute an animal is the more rights it should have.

How about the rights on cobras and scorpions that accidentally end up crawling on us? Surely they should have rights too? to prevent us beasts from murdering them while they transfer their sweet herbal poison into our flesh?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Dolphins 'Deserve Same Rights As Humans'

This is really odd because it reeks of racial arrogance... homo-sapient racial arrogance.

First, if these creatures are indeed as smart as claimed, then they have the means to stake their own claims for equality. Secondly, we don't have the means to communicate with these critters well enough to simply assume we know enough to represent their wishes.

But, here we are... the ugly bi-pedal, hairless ape that thinks he is a god.

Just guessing but... it could well be that dolphins and porpoises and whales want no part of our semi-simian insanity. Maybe they feel safe keeping their species separate and out of our grubbing hands.

Also, bear in mind that many aquatic mammals evolved back INTO the water. In the case of some whales species... they once came upon dry land only to spin on their fins and go back.

Leave these creatures alone. Please do not saddle them with the same human notions of freedom, justice and equality that are currently failing us today in so many ways.
edit on 21-2-2012 by redoubt because: typo

edit on 21-2-2012 by redoubt because: typo2

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join