It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphins 'Deserve Same Rights As Humans'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

You need to understand the fact that it's on our nature to eat animals.

We wouldn't be eating animals if we were not suppose to eat them.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maponos
Cool, do Dolphins deserve the right to vote too? If so, Ron Paul should change his name to Eeee---EEEeeeeeeE

hahahahahaha... made my day!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I happen to agree with this. Dolphins, Whales are extremely intelligent, have their own language, call each other by name and are even psi.

They have equal rights to the planet, but special needs as they are not designed to build weapons and harm the world.

They need full protections by law.

They're already working at communicating. Might be quite surprising when dolphins learn human society and structures, what would they would make of politics. I'd be really curious.
edit on 21-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by forklift

Yes, but we don't have to eat higher intelligent beings. We have hearts minds and souls, we're not just primitive eating machines and sharks, now are we?

I would add elephants and gorillas to the people list too. They're intelligent and people too.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
Everything on this planet deserves the same rights as humans. We do not own the monopoly to life on earth. It's high time we, as a species realised that, and stopped thinking that we have the right to kill and or maim anything we desire. It makes me absolutley fume when people say utter crap like "but we breed them to eat" so what? Do you think they(animals) want to be eaten? Do yout hink that they're ok with it? Would you be? Be careful, becasue you never know, you could come back as an abused animal in squallid conditions, tortured for human lulz.

See how funny you all think it is then.

Agreed. It's not about rights or laws, it's about mutual respect. You see, even bringing some subjects into discussion (such as racism for example) only shows how childlike humans still are. Some things should not even be discussed as they are too obvious.
edit on 21-2-2012 by paulorf86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Might be quite surprising when dolphins learn human society and structures, what would they would make of politics. I'd be really curious.

edit on 21-2-2012 by forklift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I happen to agree with this. Dolphins, Whales are extremely intelligent, have their own language, call each other by name
Okay, up to there, I'll say yes... I CAN believe that.

and are even psi.

Then this.
You realize that there is NO proof that psi exists in humans, right?
How do you propose to prove that it exists in cetaceans?
Please don't ask me to disprove it.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Varemia

I see less humanity in humans than I see in the wild.

We need to get you out in the wild with a hungry 800 pound Bengal tiger. Oh the humanity!

I'm not saying that life mustn't be ended and consumed to survive, but honestly, does anybody here even eat dolphins? They're not exactly an easy animal to find on the menu.

And plus, if I was living alone in the wild, first-off I'd be at a disadvantage due to humans having an evolutionary history of living in large social groups. Second, I'd have to get my flintknapping skills up to speed. It's been a while, but I could survive if I found a safe place for long enough to create survival tools.

This is about intelligence, which dolphins constantly display. Sure, they're not industrial, but neither were humans until just two-hundred years ago. If that's the defining characteristic of intelligence, then humans should have been killed and eaten thousands of years ago.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by forklift

Yes, but we don't have to eat higher intelligent beings. We have hearts minds and souls, we're not just primitive eating machines and sharks, now are we?

I would add elephants and gorillas to the people list too. They're intelligent and people too.

They're all intelligent in their own little world.

They can have their rights and laws so they don't get hunted to extinction etc. etc, but giving them human rights? That's crazy!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

You don't understand. We're psi, alot are atrophied. But its proven, and has been for years. They use advanced sonics, and all of their brain during waking hours.

This recent scientist coming out and saying telepathy is proven and yet trying to control the paradigm by forcing his view on materialism versus spirit, for example.

Well those studies were carried out by ALL the leading universities for decade upon decade, and out of over 3000 studies, they have some very good statistics. Some of the studies were very advanced and used scans of the brain.

But the multiply choice kind, where 25% was expected as a norm, even their left brained students, untrained in any way, pulled of 7% above normal.

Aspirin is recommended by doctors for heart attack patients on a very tiny, but observable, stat for improvement.

When they selected artists, and people who had psi expereinces, they got a 40% increase, ie 65% stat. Which is HUGE.

And these are untrained psychics. Just cross referencing humanity.

Lots we're not privy too, eh!

I remember a thread a couple years ago, when the author visited the aquarium, and had his kids. Just as an experiment he greeted them all in his mind, looked down to deal with one of his children, looked back up to find all of the dolphins in the pool, at the window, looking at him, and then his children, and then him.

I've also read alot of research on dolphins, and even some that was released years ago before the media stopped reporting the kinds of advancements, when I was a child and teen.

They're more enhanced psi than we are.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

I'm not saying that life mustn't be ended and consumed to survive, but honestly, does anybody here even eat dolphins?

The Japanese do.

Daily Mail Warning, bloody pics.

I don't want to eat cetaceans.

edit on 21-2-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Humans don't give humans rights, and humans can't give Dolphins or any other creature "rights". It is absurd.
You have to earn your rights, everyday. If you are not prepared to defend them, you will lose them. Look around, you need permission for practically everything you want to do, but you think you can give Dolphins rights?
Funny.
Dolphins have their own rights, and who is to say that they want or need human interference. They can swim wherever they want without permission from humans, but some want to take that away by giving them "rights".
You can protect the species without bestowing bogus rights.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I have never eaten and will never eat a Dolphin.

But the reason i oppose such a law is because i don't want all the animals ending up with human rights which this will eventually lead to.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by forklift

Originally posted by Ben81
Every living creatures should be treated respectfully

We already have animal rights for that.

But 'respecting' them does not mean we should stop eating them altogether.

We still can eat them .. but lets treat them respectfully before they go in our stomach

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Animal Telepathy

I Know What You're Thinking! Animal Telepathy Studies with Dr. Rupert Sheldrake (1/3)

The thing is, they've done studies on consciousness. Even dogs are telepathic!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Its like how would humans feel if another species seen humanity as a lower species or a species to feed from how would humans think???

Move to Africa, live in the bush with LIONS and LEOPARDS. Swim with Great White sharks when they are feeding.

Then you will have the simple answer to your question. There are plenty of species that view humans as

food.

EXCUSE THE QUOTED TEXT MODS ITS FOR CLARITY....

Ok but what species overtakes the humans at will I cannot think of none KNOWN? But humans feel superior to other creatures and that's only because humans feel right now are at top of what is called the food chain. I see no animals with human farms growing humans for food no lions no leopards ect none but I can find a market on dolphin fin -meat ect. this is my point I was trying to make, that if another species came and DID have human farms ect for human parts or other then humans WOULD understand the feeling of being fished from the sea FOR FOOD in a way like being humans fished form EA*RTH via abduction for FOOD. Please don't try to justify. Humans are INTELLIGENT ENOUGH to be making MEAT slabs of any kind to feed from so there is no need to eat these creations. Also the animal kingdom existing as it is yes feeds of itself but humans are said to be aware of DEATH and being EATEN so why not find better ways to coexist with the animal life. I am not even going to go into the whaling issues here.

edit on 2/21/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

Actually, people still don't get anything. No one can take away human rights. We have infinite rights. So don't let anyone bully you. Its about standing up and being counted. So far I see everyone cowing over.

I don't give them any rights over me and would never compromise if they're in my face.

Stand up and take action, not violence, but assertiveness. Let them do the cowering.

So because people are being stupid about things I still don't live under the idea of a falsity. I still hold truth.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Dolphins and whales have had ample opportunities to harm humans, and very rarely does anything ever happen, though it would be even be considered self defense.

Though dolphins have been known to save humans, and even participate in healing programs with our wounded or malfunctioning young.

Even the wild ones.

Even assist with birthing and seem to know whats going on, taking extra care with those in need.

So comparing them to lions and tigers and sharks is like comparing earth angels to earth predators.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
We need to understand, we're sharing this world with advanced species already, other species are also progressing here, and are here to help. And we need to stop thinking all rights go only to us, when we're capable of alot more harm than the others.

And this has nothing to do with the evolution of the predators.

We're actually the ones in the choice between growing up in intellect and consciousness and the dog eat dog pyramid system, control system, slave system, predatory things.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Ok but what species overtakes the humans at will I cannot think of none KNOWN?

Those large carnivores I mentioned (tigers,lions,leopards,bears) all overtake and EAT humans to this day, at will.
Maneaters

For Bengal tigers....

estimates range from 50-250 people per year.

For lions:

It is estimated that 550-700 people are attacked by lions every year.

Coyotes! The death of Taylor

Croc- o- Diles!!!!

The fact that there are many relatively healthy populations of Nile Crocodiles in East Africa and their proximity to people living in poverty and/or without infrastructure has made it likely that the Nile Crocodile is responsible for more attacks on humans than all other species combined.

Lizards:

The Komodo Dragon has been known to attack and eat humans.

Bears:

. In July 2008, dozens of starving bears killed several armed Russian security guards working at a salmon hatchery in Kamchatka.[9] After the partially eaten remains of two workers were discovered, authorities responded by sending out a team of snipers to hunt down the bears

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join