It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphins 'Deserve Same Rights As Humans'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
It is the dolphins job to declare their rights, not a human's.

I suspect they will issue their declaration immediately after they build their first hospital.

I think it would be really cool if those intelligent beings formed a 'Human Rescue League' like our 'Animal Rescue League' to take care of the dregs of human society.

I am patiently waiting, oh glorious dolphins.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by forklift
reply to post by Acidtastic

We were designed to eat both veg and meat, otherwise we would all be herbivores.

Back to the topic

So what do you guys think about giving human rights to animals?

And how does one go about implementing such a law as ridiculous as it may sound?
I think you may already have an inkling about what I feel about offering other sentient life forms the same rights as us.
But implimenting it is a whole different kettle of wasps. Animals don't have a voice, and will have to wait until a human with morals can report any abuse of their rights to life without fear and pain.

And speaking of wasps, they are pretty much the only thing I will wave all of my morals for, as they are evil, and out to get me.

edit again......as for your point about being "designed" to eat meat. Look at human teeth, the teeth of a carnivour, and the teeth of a herbivour. Which do human teeth look more like.......
edit on 21/2/2012 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Every living creatures should be treated respectfully

We already have animal rights for that.

But 'respecting' them does not mean we should stop eating them altogether.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Might be an idea to work on equality amongst humans first right enough.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Ok i get your point but then how about creatures that only exist because we have created them as food? Cows and pigs are totally unnatural - they do not exist in the world and are the result of thousands of years of cross breeding for food. We created them so they could be eaten. It would be totally ungrateful not to eat them!

ETA:

Leave the wasps alone! Poor little critters have a bad press.........definitely need a new PR agent......
edit on 21-2-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
Everything on this planet deserves the same rights as humans. We do not own the monopoly to life on earth. It's high time we, as a species realised that, and stopped thinking that we have the right to kill and or maim anything we desire. It makes me absolutley fume when people say utter crap like "but we breed them to eat" so what? Do you think they(animals) want to be eaten? Do yout hink that they're ok with it? Would you be? Be careful, becasue you never know, you could come back as an abused animal in squallid conditions, tortured for human lulz.

See how funny you all think it is then.

I agree. Its like how would humans feel if another species seen humanity as a lower species or a species to feed from how would humans think??? Also dolphins are mammalian and ARE intelligent so who knows maybe all EA*RTH species need to have a balanced level of respect. In reference to reptilians IF YOU THINK THEY EXIST
do any think they see humans who wear gator or snake boots as OK
Nice post Acidtastic

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Ok i get your point but then how about creatures that only exist because we have created them as food? Cows and pigs are totally unnatural - they do not exist in the world and are the result of thousands of years of cross breeding for food. We created them so they could be eaten. It would be totally ungrateful not to eat them!
We could a- stop breeding them for our pleasure.
b- send them all to live on Aunty Marys farm (aggricultural farm, that is) for the rest of their lives..
c- teach them to be police officers, maybe they'd be better at it than hoomans

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

I suspect they will issue their declaration immediately after they build their first hospital.

I think it would be really cool if those intelligent beings formed a 'Human Rescue League' like our 'Animal Rescue League' to take care of the dregs of human society.

Ah yes, because intelligence is dictated purely by being able to speak in human tongue, which dolphins do not physically have. What a joke. I see less humanity in humans than I see in the wild.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

...as for your point about being "designed" to eat meat. Look at human teeth, the teeth of a carnivour, and the teeth of a herbivour. Which do human teeth look more like.......

Regardless of what they look like......

I have proof that humans are carnivores, ME. I ate pork sausage last night!

I even know of a few toothless humans that eat meat.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Everything on this planet deserves the same rights as humans. We do not own the monopoly to life on earth. It's high time we, as a species realised that, and stopped thinking that we have the right to kill and or maim anything we desire. It makes me absolutley fume when people say utter crap like "but we breed them to eat" so what? Do you think they(animals) want to be eaten? Do yout hink that they're ok with it? Would you be? Be careful, becasue you never know, you could come back as an abused animal in squallid conditions, tortured for human lulz.

See how funny you all think it is then.

In regards to our post, you say that we have to stop and think ''Hmm should we be killing these animals? Do they care?'' But sorry no they dont, Mankind has been Maiming and kill everything since it first learned to walk. It would be against our nature to stop. Also keep in mind, we kill ourselves too...Least with animals you could say they are killed ''Humanly''.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia

Ah yes, because intelligence is dictated purely by being able to speak in human tongue, which dolphins do not physically have. What a joke. I see less humanity in humans than I see in the wild.
Where did I mention dolphins speaking in human tongue?
I didn't. I fully expect the dolphins to do it in their own tongue.

Let me know when you see a land vehicle (designed and built by dolphins) containing dolphin explorers driving by your house. They do have those, right? Like we have submarines?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I don't think we would have been on top of the chain had we not eaten meat.

We already know how hard life is for herbivores in the animal kingdom.

All that hunting by predators makes me feel sorry for them sometimes when I'm watching animal documentary's.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

I see less humanity in humans than I see in the wild.

We need to get you out in the wild with a hungry 800 pound Bengal tiger. Oh the humanity!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Actually, intelligence appears to be down to learned behaviour. In other words, if you train something enough it will develop additional intelligence. Look at that amazing monkey in Japan that works out equations and the like!

Interestingly enough, whales have 3 times as many spindles in the brain as humans. Latest work into the human brain has identified the spindles as being responsible for things like emotion and cognitive behaviour. This actually implies that whales certainly have the potential to be as intelligent as humans but i suspect that would be way down the evolutionary ladder (or until god interferes for all you bible bashers!).

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Its like how would humans feel if another species seen humanity as a lower species or a species to feed from how would humans think???

Move to Africa, live in the bush with LIONS and LEOPARDS. Swim with Great White sharks when they are feeding.

Then you will have the simple answer to your question. There are plenty of species that view humans as

food.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by forklift

Explanation: S&F!

So what do you guys think about giving human rights to animals?

I think it is aok as potein from a vat is available and so the issue of taking a life, when it is not needed to save another life, in the form of food begs the moral question of "Is the monoculture of farming animals for produce best practice?"

Everything has the right to life liberty and the pursuit of happyness. Dolphins included!

Now we have a basic level of communication started we can start asking them how they feel about us and what we do that affects them both for better or worse and maybe we could communicate ideas to them on working together [OL remembers Halo Jones 2000AD comiz where there was a dolphin deep space pilot as part of the storyline
].

And how does one go about implementing such a law as ridiculous as it may sound?

One doesn't need to do anything at all ... as the human rights are not legally binding!

Questions and answers about the Universal Declaration of Human Rights [unac.org]

Q: Who are the signatories of the Declaration?

A: Since the Declaration is not legally binding technically, there are no signatories to the Declaration. Instead, the Declaration was ratified through a proclamation by the General Assembly on December 10, 1948 with a count of 48 votes to none with only 8 abstentions. This was considered a triumph as the vote unified very diverse, even conflicting political regimes.

Q: To whom does the Declaration apply?

A: The Declaration is based on the "inherent dignity" of all people and affirms the equal rights of all men and women, in addition to their right to freedom. The Declaration gives human rights precedence over the power of the state. While states are permitted to regulate rights, they are prohibited from violating them.

Universal Declaration of Human Rights [un.org]

Universal Declaration of Human Rights [wiki]

Personal Disclosure: I hope that helps!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Its like how would humans feel if another species seen humanity as a lower species or a species to feed from how would humans think???

Move to Africa, live in the bush with LIONS and LEOPARDS. Swim with Great White sharks when they are feeding.

Then you will have the simple answer to your question. There are plenty of species that view humans as

food.

Yes, but humans are supposedly "intelligent"

Humans are only intelligent in technological advancement, the rest of our behavour as a species, highlights us as nothing more than a parasite.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Do not forget insects either.

Lost count years ago the number of times i have been munched by bloody mossies.............

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

food.

Yes, but humans are supposedly "intelligent"

Humans are only intelligent in technological advancement, the rest of our behavour as a species, highlights us as nothing more than a parasite.
I am told here that dolphins are intelligent, in this very thread.

What do they eat????

Fish!

They can choose to be vegetarian.... they are intelligent. No, they'd rather torture a lower lifeform.

edit on 21-2-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Imagine walking up to the lion and explaining it about Zebras rights = human rights = NO KILLING.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join