It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Warns of Pre-Emptive Action in Nuclear Dispute

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
i give up, my statement is nothing to do with the use of nukes in war, neither is it to so with how many people it killed. nukes are a deterent, not just a deterent to war but as it ensure mutal destruction, its a deterent to using nukes.
out of every war we've had since ww2, how many of the invaded/attacked have been nuclear powers, now how many wars at a large scale invasion did we have before the nuke.

can you see america going to war with iran if they already had nuclear capabilities with an effective delivery system, no that would be suicide, and thats how a deterent works.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Two In The Bush

The first thing that came to mind when I saw this:

The security environment confronting the United States today is radically different from what we have faced before. Yet the first duty of the United States Government remains what it always has been: to protect the American people and American interests. It is an enduring American principle that this duty obligates the government to anticipate and counter threats, using all elements of national power, before the threats can do grave damage. The greater the threat, the greater is the risk of inaction – and the more compelling the case for taking anticipatory action to defend ourselves, even if uncertainty remains as to the time and place of the enemy’s attack. There are few greater threats than a terrorist attack with WMD.

To forestall or prevent such hostile acts by our adversaries, the United States will, if necessary, act preemptively in exercising our inherent right of self-defense. The United States will not resort to force in all cases to preempt emerging threats. Our preference is that nonmilitary actions succeed. And no country should ever use preemption as a pretext for aggression.

Could it be that Iran is embracing the Bush Doctrine?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

Dont give up my friend. We are having a great civil debate about nuclear weapons and deterrence. Much better conversation here than some of the petty arguments that come from other threads...

Obviously we wont change eachothers minds, but maybe we learn a thing or two from one another. How about this?

In January 2007 a seminal article appeared in the Wall Street Journal, authored by Henry Kissinger, Bill Perry, George Shultz and Sam Nunn. These men were veterans of the cold-war era with impeccable credentials as believers in using nuclear weapons for deterrence. But they now reversed their previous position and asserted that far from making the world safer, nuclear weapons had become a source of extreme risk:

"The risk of accidents, misjudgments or unauthorised launches, they argued, was growing more acute in a world of rivalries between relatively new nuclear states that lacked the security safeguards developed over many years by America and the Soviet Union. The emergence of pariah states, such as North Korea (possibly soon to be joined by Iran), armed with nuclear weapons was adding to the fear as was the declared ambition of terrorists to steal, buy or build a nuclear device. Only by a concerted effort to free the world of nuclear weapons could the terrifying trend be reversed."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Oh there are certainly pro Iranian members as there are a fwe that hail from Iran and obviously can't help but defend their country. After all they would know better than most.

Linking to these members posts would be off-topic and we don't want to call out members in a thread honestly, but feel free to send me a PM as I am curious.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatest

Now why on earth would Israel do something like that. You talk as if israel has done bad things before. They are God's chosen and deserve to be respected and not lied about.

They can do no wrong and our children are dying daily and killing those nasty evil mooooslems just to prove how right Israel is.

You anti-ashkemazis ,er anti-kazar,,,,,,,er anti-semites should be banned from ever speaking again and locked away for your lies against the chosen of god.

shame on you

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

lolol I think you are confused. Check Israhell for your answer. lolol People never cease to amaze me .

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

LONDON — As tension grew in its nuclear dispute with the West, Iran was reported on Tuesday to have struck an increasingly bellicose tone, warning that it would take pre-emptive action against perceived foes if it felt its national interests were threatened.

Without mentioning Israel directly, Mohammed Hejazi, the deputy armed forces head, said on Tuesday: “Our strategy now is that if we feel our enemies want to endanger Iran’s national interests, and want to decide to do that, we will act without waiting for their actions,” Reuters reported

Sooooo.. Since you dispute Irans intent, even though its clearly stated in the article, what do you think its means? That Iran is going to send Israel a big ole bouquet of ooopsy daisy's?

Iran is just awesome lol... So Iran says they will launch a preemptive action if they feel threatened. I guess that means Israel then is entitled to do the same. Even more so with Irans continued aggressive attitude towards Israel.

edit on 21-2-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
Honestly, the answer is simple here. Total worldwide nuclear disarmament.

Until we get to that point, we have a reason to fear. There's no argument. Sure the logistics of that are almost as complicated as trying to figure out how to travel faster than the speed of light. But with actual sane people making the decisions of the world, ya never know. But Im not holding my breath, just preparing to protect my wife when it all goes to hell.

That's all good and dandy in a perfect world when America's criminal politicians and their criminal zio counterparts don't exist but what do you suggest for the real world?

Seriously.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

LONDON — As tension grew in its nuclear dispute with the West, Iran was reported on Tuesday to have struck an increasingly bellicose tone, warning that it would take pre-emptive action against perceived foes if it felt its national interests were threatened.

Without mentioning Israel directly, Mohammed Hejazi, the deputy armed forces head, said on Tuesday: “Our strategy now is that if we feel our enemies want to endanger Iran’s national interests, and want to decide to do that, we will act without waiting for their actions,” Reuters reported

Sooooo.. Since you dispute Irans intent, even though its clearly stated in the article, what do you think its means? That Iran is going to send Israel a big ole bouquet of ooopsy daisy's?

Iran is just awesome lol... So Iran says they will launch a preemptive action if they feel threatened. I guess that means Israel then is entitled to do the same. Even more so with Irans continued aggressive attitude towards Israel.

So iran, Syria and others should not defend themselves right?

Oh yes, I forgot. The israhell controlled media told you that they hang people for being gay and the state chops peoples heads off for having sex and lest we forget we heard that great american Wolf "nazi" Blitzkreig and his cohorts repeatedly tell you that Iran's leader said they Israel should be wiped off the map.

hell, they told us for 30 yrs Ghaddafi was a terrorist. he finally got that machete up his ass like he deserved right?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by WALDOP

I would suggest Russia get its act together and stop losing nukes first, and catch up with us in the disarmament of our own stockpiles. The Us roughly has 5000 and Russia is still at around 10,000. Since START, my numbers may be off. But how about taking our nuclear weapons that are on ready alert off and Russia do the same? Do we really need over 3,000 nukes at ready alert? In 1995, the US launched a test missile form a sub near Russia, no one apparently told Boris Yeltsin. He was literally 8 minutes away from having to launch counter measures and deploy their ready nukes as they thought a nuclear ICBM was headed towards Moscow.

We were literally 8 minutes away from worldwide destruction because someone forgot to inform Boris Yeltsin ( on a day where he happened not to be drunk) we were running a test.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by WALDOP

Are you calling Wolf Blitzer a nazi???? Welcome to ats I guess..

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

reply to post by WALDOP

I would suggest Russia get its act together and stop losing nukes first, and catch up with us in the disarmament of our own stockpiles. The Us roughly has 5000 and Russia is still at around 10,000. Since START, my numbers may be off. But how about taking our nuclear weapons that are on ready alert off and Russia do the same? Do we really need over 3,000 nukes at ready alert? In 1995, the US launched a test missile form a sub near Russia, no one apparently told Boris Yeltsin. He was literally 8 minutes away from having to launch counter measures and deploy their ready nukes as they thought a nuclear ICBM was headed towards Moscow.

We were literally 8 minutes away from worldwide destruction because someone forgot to inform Boris Yeltsin ( on a day where he happened not to be drunk) we were running a test.

Look, your aspirations are admirable but with all due respect, you may as well be living in lala land.

The reality is all nations had nukes, there would be peace.

I could guarantee you with almost %100 certainty, had all nations had nukes, there would have been no 9/11 , and this bs with the zio nazis dismantling nation after nation on the globe would not be happening.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

reply to post by WALDOP

Are you calling Wolf Blitzer a nazi???? Welcome to ats I guess..

You act as if he isn't.

I guess most don't know just how evil some of those people are.

Take Jenna Wolf for instance. Morning NBC anchor. Born in Jamaica, ashke-NAZI in the main stream media.

Family invaded the islands hundreds of yrs ago and owned numerous plantations . Ill leave it at that and let the world continue blaming us light skinned folks.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
After they said they wanted to wipe Israel off the map.... oh wait they never said that!
They said take the regime out of the pages of time

So is this simply another misquote?

I'm just saying thats something, especially now, to consider

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by EvolEric

EvolEric,

I think you might be misinterpreting the sentiments of those who see an attack on Iran as wrong. That doesn't translate to "Love for the Iranian Government." Nope. And as far as the Iranian people go, I've had much worse trouble out of some Americans frankly, from the people I've met.

American military officials have already stated that they are not 100% convinced of Iran's pursuit of a nuclear weapons program. While politicians continue to blindly accuse and flap their utterly gross lips.

I've believed for some time that Iran's best option is to strike first, if no one can put Israel on a leash. Israel is being utterly foolish. They think they are just going to waltz in there and bomb, bomb, bomb...bomb, bomb Iran. But this time their cover will probably be blown by either Russia and/or China, the minute Israel moves to make that strike.

If Iran does strike first, it will probably be suddenly and with wide coverage. And it will be in preemptive response to a shown Israel attempt to make a military move towards them- gathered from Russian/Chinese military intelligence.

Iran's best hope is to make that strike as damaging and widespread as they can, so that they cause the biggest political mess possible- and put the bigger powers at odds against each other. Which is already happening to a degree.

Imagine the entire NATO force in all of Persia attacked viciously from all sides, and basically destroyed. A purging of American imperialism in the middle east, if you will. Basically daring the US, France and the UK to try and use their nuclear arsenals. Cause ultimately the Russians are much better prepared for that. At least they have made some serious moves to protect their populations. In contrast, the US government has only taken taxpayer money and built highly protected shelters for themselves, while leaving the population completely exposed.

It's just Blowback. Ask Ron Paul. He knows where this is headed. And it is why he wants us the hell out of their faces, and off their lands. And I agree.

Another flight of fancy about how incredibly powerful Iran is. "Basically destroy" NATO (in Persia) in one flurry? Broadly attack Israel with such force that they would not be able to respond?

If they were to pursue such a reckless policy...Israel alone would reduce all of their major population centers to ashes in a matter of hours.

The only capability to project significant force that Iran has is to fire off a few hundred conventional warhead ballistic missiles. Other than making a few potholes...the only effect of which would be to leave them wide open for a completely devastating counter strike from the combined forces of the United States, England, France, etc.

Your strategy would ensure Iran's utter destruction.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

People in Hell want ice water, too. The genie is out of the bottle.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by WALDOP

If every nation had a nuke, how does that protect against a country such as Iran (despite what you may think of Iran) secretly giving a nuke to a terrorist organization? that wanted nothing more than to blow Israel off the map? Untraceable, no way to prove it was Iran, and they maintain plausible-deniability? Now we have each side of this hypothetical war with nukes and with one already going off, its an unstoppable domino effect.

Einstein said it best. World War 2 ended with a nuclear weapon; World War 3 will begin with one.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

I think people give less credit to Iran that it deserves. Persians invented Chess after all. There are some brilliant strategists in that country and Iran is a logistical nightware for NATO operations, they've said so themselves over the years.

They aren't as defenseless as some would like to believe and they've made some powerful allies lately in China and Russia as they continue to provide them with vital energy resources.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Either you people are seriously being led by the nose and are decent but yet, brainwashed or some of you are paid shills .

If you can not see that our nation, AMERICA, and ISRAHELL are the criminals then I feel sorry for you.

This brainwashing must be broken. You need to wake up and see the crimes being done in our name .

The worst crime is the brainwashing of the people through their MEDIA.

Please, wake up. Wake up before it is too late and they turn your son or daughter into an unwitting accomplice in their murderous scheme.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join