It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4.0 EQ Dead Center New Madrid (Missouri)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

If you line the quake in KY...oops WV.. to the MO. and extend a straight line SW...you'll see where I was headed with my post a few pages ago.....just saying....I still think it's wise to look that direction...in the near future...Harison AR.
edit on 22-2-2012 by Doc Holiday because: OCD and blank box ahhhhhehhhh

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I live in st.louis was up at the time of the quake and didnt feel anything. I Just hope I never do feel anything from the madrid fault line I am scared about having a big earth quake and my house falling on top of me how scary would that be. I also know that MO is big on having earthquake drills here lately.

I do remeber an earthquake a few years ago it was in another state and \i had just turned my bedroom light off and the tv stand and things in the room started shaking I thought my room was possessed and was so scared til I found out what it was.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Sorry is this is a double post but this link shows all the New Madrid earthquakes for the last couple of months..

folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
www.haarpstatus.com...

Haarpstatus website for today shows a spike which indicates a potentially "severe" event near Kentucky today.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Hey ya'll, check out the USGS page for the NMSZ 4.0 cluster. There are now 9 EQ listed, 5 of which were before the 4.0. Is this what they refer to as a swarm?!?

I know they're small, but IMHO, in this sensitive area it's like opening the garage door and smelling gasoline while you're smoking a cigarette. Not necessarily a bad thing, but not a good thing either, more like a 'WTF is causing that?' kinda thing.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
My cats are restless, and right now, I hear someone's dog barking down the apartment hallway. Might be something. Also, (this is probably unbelievable) a mouse had been desperately trying to come in outside my window area, even though one of my cats sat there all the while batting at him.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SCGrits

Thank you for linking that information. I am going to borrow it and post it to another thread
www.abovetopsecret.com... to help explain the physical symptoms many of us have had these last few days for those of us living along or near the NM fault. This really helps explain a lot.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

Yeah, it really does explain alot! Now I know why my pet helicorders were going totally wonky 12-18 hrs before the 4.0. I didn't want to alarm anyone cause I didn't know exactly what was going on so I didn't post anything. Next time they go all sketchy like that I'll probably post something in the prediction thread just cause!!

I still don't know why kitty was yowling yesterday; she's been quiet today, but I had a killer headache earlier.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SCGrits

Yes, please go there and post any signs your pets are giving you and anything out of the ordinary that you or your family are experiencing. Common are headaches, nausea, dizziness, anxiety, and ear ringing. Although many of these things occur due to other explainable causes, most of us getting these symptoms don't have an explanation for them, and then we see quake activity occurring almost simultaneously or within a few days after. There seems to be a building and intensifying of symptoms right before something happens.Pets seem to get really agitated, restless and vocal. It's not my thread but I have been there for a while and it's great to get input from people all over, and we all can support one another in the fact that we are not crazy! lol

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Just in case anyone here is not monitoring Quakewatch 2012 (big mistake), here is a recent post with edits you should all see:

Originally posted by crappiekat

Thats what I was watching last nite and couldn't figure out why they weren't posting them.
I have to learn how to take pictures of what I'm looking at (along with a lot more).

I have 3 computer savy teenage boys and I can never pin one down to teach me.

This post was in regards to the MO. add ons. SCGrits.

Jeez, sorry so goofey right now just got off work.

edit on 23-2-2012 by crappiekat because: editing

If you go to the stahl farm, MO and the other two helicorders, you can see they just had another one. Just like last nite, things are giggling in MO.
edit on 23-2-2012 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

It also looks like we have alittle action on the Hopedale,il helicorder. I think we got something brewing here on the New Madrid.
edit on 23-2-2012 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

Linky to ATS post

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

I'm sorry for being so sloppy. I have worked 15 hours. and I have to go back in 6.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Very interesting discussion of New Madrid fault and possible earthquake. Worth a look, also prediction of event given
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mrfuddley1

Can you try to get a hold of this video?

It has been removed

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Here's a new video from dutchsinse. Shows plumes from "inactive" volcanoes all around the New Madrid Seismic Zone. The video is available in 1080 if you view it on YouTube... Spooky...

edit on 3-3-2012 by mwc273 because: (no reason given)

Direct LINK to video in HD and full screen.
edit on 3-3-2012 by mwc273 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mwc273

Here are some more specifics over the last week:

MAP 2.7 2012/03/01 23:45:40 36.269 -89.373 13.1 10 km ( 6 mi) SW of Hornbeak, TN
MAP 1.9 2012/03/01 14:11:56 36.864 -89.415 9.2 6 km ( 4 mi) SSE of Bertrand, MO
MAP 1.7 2012/02/29 03:27:09 34.788 -85.027 5.2 5 km ( 3 mi) WNW of Dalton, GA
MAP 2.0 2012/02/28 02:42:33 37.665 -89.686 4.2 6 km ( 4 mi) WNW of Frohna, MO
MAP 2.2 2012/02/28 00:52:02 38.638 -89.913 0.1 5 km ( 3 mi) N of O'Fallon, IL

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
We get a lot of little quakes like that around here. It ain't no big deal. But, when they start rocking my house like the 5.4 a few years back, then I sit up and take notice!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join