It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4.0 EQ Dead Center New Madrid (Missouri)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

Got viedo of FEMA on the scene there ? Anyone got that footage ? Bet not . I'll bet my salary for the week that no one can provide any proof that FEMA is moving into or is in that area. Should be pretty easy to prove with a camera phone and a quick drive around. I'll wait but I wont hold my breath.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Isn't the New Madrid fault line way overdue for a serious EQ, like 7 or bigger??? Anyways, Im in Illinois which is North of the fault line, I didnt feel anything today, but I gotta say, this is a cause for concern, hopefully this isnt a precursor to something much bigger....

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This isn't Haarp... and it's not Fracking.. This area is full of faults.. and the MAIN Fault in New Madrid..
The reason you feel it farther away in this area is due to the bedrock... it amplifies the vibrations outward...

It is indeed good to see that 2.4m aftershock.... We get those sizes daily in the New Madrid area...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

EvolEric,
Thank you for your thread. That is a big earth quake.. I am on a few states away..I hope there is minimal damage and that everyone is okay!
Thanks for keeping us updated!

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Got viedo of FEMA on the scene there ? Anyone got that footage ? Bet not . I'll bet my salary for the week that no one can provide any proof that FEMA is moving into or is in that area. Should be pretty easy to prove with a camera phone and a quick drive around. I'll wait but I wont hold my breath.

The wife works with FEMA in a way. No big build up that she knows about or has seen and she is out today meddling in EQ preparedness things after the recent "Shakeout" deal here in Illinois and other states that was held just recently. She is working with IEMA. Nothing out of the ordinary really going on.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
Isn't the New Madrid fault line way overdue for a serious EQ, like 7 or bigger??? Anyways, Im in Illinois which is North of the fault line, I didnt feel anything today, but I gotta say, this is a cause for concern, hopefully this isnt a precursor to something much bigger....

I guess that all depends on who you ask. There is a great post on ATS about that very same subject posted within the last week. You can find that post here.

But I will warn you. If it is all doom, all the time you are looking for, you will not find it in that post. I guess it depends on who you want to believe. People that just post/scream "we all gonna die!" or those that post & back up what they state with research. It's a personal choice.

OiO

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I am located in Dallas, Texas and very interestingly I was sitting in the steam room at the YMCA today 03/21/12 located just right across the street from the EPA. Spoke to a fellow that work there and work with FEMA under the Emergency Contingency Response Team. I asked him what’s with all of the movement towards the Chicago area, and what he said scared the crap out of me. He said that FEMA, the EPA and the Government are very worried about the Madrid fault line and that they are preparing for a catastrophic situation that they think will occur this year. I asked him what his team has to do with all of this. He said that they are currently working to prepare the area for a break and moving all contaminates, biohazards and nuclear material out of the area as we speak, and for the material and places of interest that they cannot move they are preparing to do what they can to prevent a environmental catastrophe. This is a dangerous situation and that the break it's self will be huge and be felt all over the US, and all the government agencies are planning the worst case scenario. This guy was legit, and very serious and you could see the fear in his eyes and the EPA is doing its best to move all biohazards and prepare chemical companies and so forth for the fault line to give way. And just quoting him, they are sure it is going to be very soon. Any one in that area see a lot of activity at chemical plants or a lot of barrels being moved around and out of the area?

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brad5632
I am located in Dallas, Texas and very interestingly I was sitting in the steam room at the YMCA today 03/21/12 located just right across the street from the EPA. Spoke to a fellow that work there and work with FEMA under the Emergency Contingency Response Team. I asked him what’s with all of the movement towards the Chicago area, and what he said scared the crap out of me. He said that FEMA, the EPA and the Government are very worried about the Madrid fault line and that they are preparing for a catastrophic situation that they think will occur this year. I asked him what his team has to do with all of this. He said that they are currently working to prepare the area for a break and moving all contaminates, biohazards and nuclear material out of the area as we speak, and for the material and places of interest that they cannot move they are preparing to do what they can to prevent a environmental catastrophe. This is a dangerous situation and that the break it's self will be huge and be felt all over the US, and all the government agencies are planning the worst case scenario. This guy was legit, and very serious and you could see the fear in his eyes and the EPA is doing its best to move all biohazards and prepare chemical companies and so forth for the fault line to give way. And just quoting him, they are sure it is going to be very soon. Any one in that area see a lot of activity at chemical plants or a lot of barrels being moved around and out of the area?

I call flaming BULL on this. My wife works for IEMA! Illinois Emergency Mgmt Agency which is sort of a state division of FEMA. No.. absolute bull. Its grossly irresponsible to fear monger like this.
edit on 21-2-2012 by evil316 because: added an admonishment.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by katfish

Flooding should be way down this year as we have not had any really big snow to build up and melt. The weather has been very mild across the US this winter with little accumulated snow cover to worry about. I am making an educated guess that there will not be a major flood in the midwest this year. ( not a prediction an educated guess if this turns out to be the case I dont want anyone asking me for winning lottery numbers LOL )

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by katfish

I doubt that a cold front or a warm front no matter how fast it is moving will have any effect on the ground situation as far as shifting or quakes or anything of that nature. Nothings gotta give.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
From Wikipedia on the New Madrid Seismic Zone.

1811–1812 earthquake series
Main article: 1812 New Madrid earthquake

December 16, 1811, 0815 UTC (2:15 a.m.); (M ~7.2 – 8.2[9]) epicenter in northeast Arkansas; it caused only slight damage to man-made structures, mainly because of the sparse population in the epicentral area. The future location of Memphis, Tennessee was shaken at Mercalli level nine intensity. A seismic seiche propagated upriver and Little Prairie was destroyed by liquefaction.[10] Local uplifts of the ground and water waves moving upstream gave the illusion that the river was flowing upstream.[11]

At New Madrid, trees were knocked down and riverbanks collapsed. This event shook windows and furniture in Washington, D.C., rang bells in Richmond, Virginia, sloshed well water and shook houses in Charleston, South Carolina, and knocked plaster off of houses in Columbia, South Carolina. In Jefferson, Indiana, furniture moved and in Lebanon, Ohio, residents fled their homes. Observers in Herculaneum, Missouri, called it "severe" and claimed it had a duration of 10–12 minutes.[12]

Aftershocks were felt every six to ten minutes, a total of 27, in New Madrid until what was called the Daylight Shock, which was of the same intensity as the first. Many of these were also felt throughout the eastern US, though with less intensity than the initial earthquake.[13]

December 16, 1811, the Daylight Shock, 1415 UTC (8:15 a.m.); (M ~7.2 – 8.2) epicenter in northeast Arkansas; This shock followed the first earthquake by six hours and was similar in intensity.[9]

January 23, 1812, 1500 UTC (9 a.m.); (M ~7.0 – 8.0[9]) epicenter in the Missouri Bootheel. The meizoseismal area was characterized by general ground warping, ejections, fissuring, severe landslides, and caving of stream banks. Johnston and Schweig attributed this earthquake to a rupture on the New Madrid North Fault. This may have placed strain on the Reelfoot Fault.[10]

February 7, 1812, 0945 UTC (4:45 a.m.); (M ~7.4 – 8.6[9]) epicenter near New Madrid, Missouri. New Madrid was destroyed. At St. Louis, Missouri, many houses were severely damaged, and their chimneys were toppled. This shock was definitively attributed to the Reelfoot Fault by Johnston and Schweig. It was uplift along this reverse fault segment, in this event, that created waterfalls on the Mississippi River, disrupted the Mississippi River at Kentucky Bend, created a wave that propagated upstream and caused the formation of Reelfoot Lake.[10]

It's simply a fact that area is active and that large quakes are possible at any moment.

The FEMA and Fracking diversions are irrelevant and the product of activists attempting to force the evidence to support their beliefs.

FEMA is likely preparing for the upcoming Tornado and storm season. That's why they exist in the first place.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I guess you were right there in the steam room with us eh? He was not parading around talking about it I just asked him about all of the movement going on then the conversation went a little deeper...but hey you have the right to your own opinion, I pretty sure your wife doesnt tell you some secrets.since she works with FEMA..but hey you have a connection ask your wife she what she says about this.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbyforce
Watch for earthquake lights in the sky... has anyone checked the haarp meter?

Here's the link to the HAARP meter for the last 36 hours.

www.haarp.alaska.edu...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I don't think a 4.0 is anything to worry about, or really even anything they would feel. If they did it would be barely.
but thanks for the link and definitely stay updated, everyone's seems to been thinking its gonna go soon on ATS
an some of the threads iv read are scaring me, that they might be rite.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SkyMuerte

The 5.0 in Virginia last August was felt as far north as Mass, as far west as Chicago and as far south as Georgia. It was felt in over 19 states I believe they said. That didnt turn into a precursor for anything but a lot of discussion here on ATS.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I live in Washington State and with all the EQ's lately my cat has been Freaking the F out, She does not want to stay inside at all, And just this morning she ran into the wall cause something startled her bad.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by evil316

Originally posted by karen61057

The wife works with FEMA in a way. No big build up that she knows about or has seen and she is out today meddling in EQ preparedness things after the recent "Shakeout" deal here in Illinois and other states that was held just recently. She is working with IEMA. Nothing out of the ordinary really going on.

Damn wont that be a big disapointment to the folks who are so sure they know everything ahead of time and are up to something. Thanks for the injection of sanity.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Brad5632

Wow its March in Texas already ? You guys are always so ahead of the rest of us. LOL.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Brad5632

LIAR. That is such bull crap. They would never say if they really thought that. Better put up some proof of this fella cus the I know someone who knows someone who heard from someone else that the crap is about to hit the fan nonsense is a regular occurance here. We get threads like that every day and they wind up in skunk works because they are BS.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Is it possible FEMA detonated explosives to cause a 4.0 earthquake to relieve pressure and thus prevent an even bigger one?

I tend to wonder if that was the cause of the Virginia quake, seeing as how shallow the quake was.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join